Universal Throne Quest (by Valorware LTD)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gwarmaxx, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Legion180

Legion180 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2015
    The update is out. Performance on iPhone 7 Plus is great! No more problems, everything runs smooth!
    Thanks, devs!

2. Valorware

Valorware Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    Thanks so much for the kind words and for confirming the update improves performance on iPhone 7 Plus, that's awesome news!! :D Does it seem OK on battery life?

Ahh okay I'll double check things sync up when buying/selling (and other general things), thanks for the clues and hopefully I can figure it out!

-----------
    There might be a bit of an absence of updates now all the major bugs are sorted (I think?) I've been firing up the 9th Dawn III project today and I'll be focusing a lot on 9th Dawn III for a while~ I usually post updates on www.facebook.com/valorware if anyone wants to keep up-to-date with 9DIII progress. Thanks again everyone for helping me with Throne Quest launch, and all these bugs and preferences we found will be included in 9th Dawn III since they share the same code, so 9DIII has become so much more stable as a result aswell ^_^

Lull4by, stubbieoz and Legion180 like this.
  3. Legion180

Jul 23, 2015
    Yeah, by the way, the battery doesn’t get drained. And that’s without that “battery friendly” option on. That’s great!
    I do feel that the map might need some zooming and/or mapping of the dungeons. Is that possible?

4. decript

decript Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    BC, Canada
    Nooooo. As much as I’m looking forward to 9D3, I want to echo what others have said in this thread about needing some kind of map notation that indicates either what dungeon was last visited or more preferably, which dungeons have been completed (I guess all chests collected). I figure you already have the dungeon icons on the map so perhaps they can be a different colour?

Have a few dungeons unlocked. Played last night and was very tired. Died then closed the game. Now today I can’t remember what dungeon I was last at. I’ll just try to avoid dying as much as possible, as if there was permadeath.

Also to not include equipped items when selling. I now have to sell items individually if it’s a duplicate of one I already have equipped.

Hascon, Legion180 and Son of Anarchy like this.
  5. Valorware

Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    OK I'll fix the selling equipped items thing :) I just thought~ it's probably not giving you the correct amount of gold either if you sell 10x rat tails at varying "levels". Like if you sell a total of 10, but 4 of them were level5 and 6 of them were level1, I don't think it takes that into account, so i'll fix that.

Regarding the "dungeons complete" thing~ it's not something I can easily add in, because at the moment there isn't any way to even tell if a dungeon is complete or not. I do have a small expansion planned (no guarantee) in the future but I'm unsure when this will be, I will try my best to include a bit of a overhaul on dungeon complete-ness within that. Thanks so much for your suggestion!

Hascon likes this.
  6. Finandir

Finandir Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 7, 2010
    Thanks for responding to this so quickly. I forgot to come back and look for a reply until today after starting you down the MFi path with my first message.

I’m purchasing right now and will give it a try ASAP. Like someone else replied, I also have a Steelseries Nimbus controller. So, it looks like I should be happy when I get to play.

7. Valorware

Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    Update submitted with the following change:

Made it so you cannot sell equipped items to the shop, making it easier to manage bulk-selling items.

Should take 24-48hours to come through!

Thanks so much for checking back and giving it a try! Please let me know if it's working with your controller/device combination, I know you said you have Numbus but I'd just like to hear if it still worked :') Thank you!

8. Legion180

Jul 23, 2015
    #108 Legion180, Feb 17, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    How about the map? Some kind of zoom or making maps for dungeons?

9. decript

decript Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    BC, Canada
    Wow that was fast (you fixing and Apple approving it). Thanks for fixing that. Sold another trinket last night but luckily I had a save before selling my spoils.

Regarding map notation, maybe dungeon ‘completion’ can be based on a check if all chest have been opened (they don’t seem to respawn)? Not for completion, but which dungeon the player died at? Either way, I improvised and took a screenshot of the map and marking them off as I finish them.

Hope sales have been good for this and the road to finishing 9D3 is as smooth as butta (but it never is, is it).

10. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    What am I doing wrong? I cannot seem to aim the character's weapon properly. When I point forward it shoots backward, and vice versa. Is there a trick I'm missing?

11. Legion180

Jul 23, 2015
    Use this switch in the settings

Attached Files:

12. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    That worked. Thanks!

Legion180 likes this.
  13. breban1

breban1 Well-Known Member

#113 breban1, Feb 24, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    Having a lot of fun with the game, good job devs!

Questions
    - Is there a way to combine storage? I have 4/4 pages but after selling have enough to fill just 1
    (Figured this one out: Drag item onto the page "arrow" and it will open the page to move to)
    - If I level up one class, will it "limit" the levels I can do on other classes or can I just level up any/all without regret?
    - Is there a way to turn off auto-save? I accidentally sold a high level item instead of equipping because I press the hand instead of backpack. Lucky enough for no autosave at that point, but I'm sure it could happen.

Comments:
    - For the most part, the music/mood and sound effects are great.
    - Graphics are what is expected, love the look.
    - Would be nice for fog of war in dungeons so I know where I've been.
    - IMO game start default setting for attack direction should be direction you are touching instead of opposite.

- The sound effects for the bard and kitten are so annoying I won't use them
    - Respawn of mobs going up/down levels of dungeons can get cumbersome, especially when the dungeon requires going up and down levels to reach certain areas within each
    - Respawn of mobs going in/out of dungeons is again, a little bit tiresome. Maybe do it based on time instead of entering/leaving?
    - It would be nice to have aggro on low lev mobs turned off at a certain levels (rats/etc. are more of a pest than a threat)

14. Valorware

Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    Thanks everyone for your continued suggestions!

No repercussions from levelling, feel free to max it out :)
    Good suggestion, I will add it to the list!

I think i'll go ahead and change that, seems to be causing a bit of confusion >_< Thanks for the other feedback too, I really appreciate it!

Updates will be slow for a while unfortunately, I'm currently working on an expansion for the game (can't give too many details right now, it most likely will be a free expansion though), but it won't be released for quite some time yet. Thank you again for playing and supporting my career, it has really helped funds and I honestly really appreciate all the feedback and suggestions as it has shaped Throne Quest (and 9th Dawn III) into better games!

15. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    I echo the sentiments of those that would like to see this be more than just a one off. This is my first experience with any of your games, and I REALLY find myself enjoying throne quest.... has a real “realm of the mad god” vibe and it just seems like such a shame for this amazing game not to take on a life that’s more than just a skills test for 9th Dawn III. I totally understand if it’s not in the cards, you seem incredibly passionate about your work, and I’m sure your super busy on your other project, just don’t let this be a one off! Flesh this one out just a bit more....I just want MOAAAAAR OF THIS AWESOME GAME.

16. Valorware

Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    Thanks so much, that honestly means a lot to me, especially as your first experience was Throne Quest and not 9th Dawn 1 or 2. The problem with 9th Dawn games is that they take too long to develop, the purpose of Throne Quest was not only to test the engine, but also to make more games inbetween 9th Dawn releases. That means Throne Quest II and more is definitely going to happen :) with more features, bigger maps, more monsters and loot!

stubbieoz likes this.
  17. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    YAYAYAYAY!!!! You rock dude! Keep up the good work!

18. breban1

breban1 Well-Known Member

I tried 9D II, but I actually like this better. They are definitely different types of rpgs, but I am more of a "play for 5-10" minutes kind of player nowadays, and TQ really fits that bill.

I really do hope that you update this game at least once (soon), not with more content, but addressing some of the comments/issues brought up in this thread.

Also, 5 star rated on the App Store. C'mon people, if you like the game, RATE IT! It only has 10 ratings right now... support!

19. Roxton

Roxton Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2015
    2D7A9083-304B-4394-9868-69F139B4C980.jpeg Obligatory victory post. Thanks for the pleasantly tense experience!

sebgo likes this.
  20. Valorware

Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    Thanks a lot for playing! :D And thanks for the suggestions. I can confirm there is an update in the works but no release date yet, it may be a few months, I'll do my best to keep you updated!