Universal Throne Quest (by Valorware LTD)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gwarmaxx, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Valorware

Valorware Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    Thanks everyone! I've fixed a few things and submitting the update tonight (may take 24-48hours to appear):

Fixed MFi controller support (Fully tested with Nimus). Increased Quantity display limit from 9999 to 999999 (so you can see how much gold you have collected). Fixed some map errors.

I'll re-read through the rest to see if I missed anything. I'm still unsure about the issue sakara214ever is having, I suspect it may have been a carryover bug from the past inventory bug >_<

Lull4by and sakara214ever like this.
  2. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    @sakara214ever
    Now I’m not sure but I think you might be confusing weapons with accessories.
    Weapons should only go in the top slot of your equipment screen.
    The other four are for accessories.
    In your second screenshot the bottom 5 items in your inventory are ones that will go into the accessories slots.

Also the single item in inventory page 4. Tap and hold it and drag it down to the left arrow at the bottom of the inventory page. That will take you to your first page in the inventory and drop the item there. That should clear up the empty pages.

If I have your problem all wrong then just ignore what I posted :D

sakara214ever likes this.
  3. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Not your fault i was not clear in my post:rolleyes:. When i lost my content (all the accessories) they were equipped on the slots to the left. The ones you see in my bag i just got them after playing for 5-10 minutes the ones i lost unfortunately had way better stats. But it is ok now i already got some decent ones:D
    As for the drag thing i did not know that thank you you saved me a lot of time!!!!:)

4. sakara214ever

May 10, 2012
    Thank you sir for all the effort you put. Just so you know my bug is nothing serious i just had to play 30' and got decent gear again! :)

5. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Really enjoying this, but only have a couple of minor frustrations:
    • Not clear which dungeon to go to next
    • Not clear which dungeons are ‘done’
    • Accidentally selling equipped accessories
    That last one in particular... I tend to get a LOT of stuff from dungeons, so try and mass sell as much as possible.

Unfortunately when selecting more than one quantity, that sometimes includes what you are currently using.

Perhaps better if either:
    • the equipped items only exist equipped, not in bag as well?
    • Or, don’t include equipped items when selecting +X when selling?

decript likes this.
  6. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Actually I really like it, because that means you need to find the dungeon by yourself, not just look at map and go, except this point, I agree with other points.

7. AlexWild

AlexWild Active Member

Aug 9, 2018
    Male
    The game looks amazing but I want to ask some question... Is it a rpg game with a story line with levels/stages? Or is a roguelike that you always start at the beginning of the game when you die?

8. sakara214ever

May 10, 2012
    Neither of those. It is not a roguelike it is a dungeon crawler rpg but more simplified. You have to discover many things as you go as there is no story and no item description and generally no text anywhere ath all BUT this is what makes this game sooo fun to play.

9. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    • The first point I’ve not a problem with. For me it makes the adventure more rewarding when you discover a hidden dungeon.
    • The second point I definately agree with. Getting killed mid dungeon and then being ressurected at a save point has led me to sometimes wander aimlessly trying to find the correct dungeon again. Part of the problem is due to a lack of fog of war on both the main map and the dungeon maps.
    • The whole inventory needs work. Just a “sort” option would be a great improvement. And including equipped items when selling inventory items is frustrating.

10. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    So the new update is out, I tested MFI controller function with my Nimbus, everything is work, the only problem I found is you can’t sell items with controller, I try to use X button to select the item and move it to the shop page, but it doesn’t work.

11. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #91 stubbieoz, Feb 13, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    4314C1B1-D903-4C0C-96B7-D4F6B6E99F27.png Nimbus here also. I can’t seem to be able to use the last two hot bar slots.
    I can select the other eight by using either of the shoulder buttons and then using either the dpad or the ABXY buttons but nothing seems to work for the last slots. Not a real biggy as 8 slots is pretty good.

Also after buying items from a merchant sometimes the number in the hotbar slot doesn’t match with the number in the inventory.
    In the screenshot above, the large green drumsticks show 24 in the hotbar but only 13 in the inventory.

12. AlexWild

AlexWild Active Member

Aug 9, 2018
    Male
    Thank you man! I'll take a look today!

sakara214ever likes this.
  13. Legion180

Legion180 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2015
    #93 Legion180, Feb 14, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    Is it just me or it’s the game a bit laggy? Have such a feeling. iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12.1.2.

14. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Deleted post, wrong game.:confused:

15. Legion180

Jul 23, 2015
    What?

16. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Now what?
    What do you do after

You get the Crown, and I'm using the ball of wool
    ?

Also
    Why does your character turn gold after using the same weapon for a while?

17. Valorware

Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    It's not running as well as the android version, I'm investigating this today, I think it has something to do with texture compression but I am unsure at this point- It's not running completely smooth on ipad pro/iphone X either, both devices should have no problem with this game. Sorry about that.

It seems that iOS doesn't support L3 or R3 buttons, do other games use them? At some point I'm re-doing the item bind bar for joypad anyway, so this shouldn't be a problem after that.
    Can you check you don't have potions on the 2nd page of your inventory that add up to the amount shown in hotbar? I really hope so!

Thanks for letting me know! I'll take a look!

You
    completed the game and unlocked the crown. You can make a new game and you should have the crown item from the start, if you wish to use it

You
    do more damage as you use specific weapons more, and unlock different skins for your character. The highest tier skin is golden, to show you are a master

Thanks everyone, been away for a day or so, back on it now!

moshgra likes this.
  18. Valorware

Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    I'm uploading a new update, it should hopefully be available with 24-48hours:

-Big performance increase! higher frame-rate mode enabled by default, making the game run so much smoother on iPhoneX/iPadPro (other devices may see slight boost in performance, but not sure how much).
    -Option to disable higher frame-rate mode and put it back to how it was to preserve battery consumption (green battery icon in settings)
    -MFi controller not able to sell items - fixed, now works (drag item over to the shop window and let go)

Thanks everyone! The slow frame rate has been irritating me for a while and I finally figured it out :)

stubbieoz, Gwarmaxx and Legion180 like this.
  19. Legion180

Jul 23, 2015
    I wish all the devs would reply the same way and take care of bugs/issues in games. Thank you! Such devs like you should be an example!

ioso and sakara214ever like this.
  20. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    The problem I had with the potions (I really thought they were drumsticks :p ) seems to have fixed itself for now, and no, there were none in the second inventory page. It did happen once before as well after using a merchant. I will keep an eye on it.

And I second what Legion180 posted above. Thanks for being so responsive and willing to fix the bugs, as you usually do. Your right up there with WaveLight Games imho as top iOS developers :cool: and you get my support with every game you release.

Legion180 likes this.