Universal Throne Quest (by Valorware LTD)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gwarmaxx, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Valorware

Valorware Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    I just looked into this and it should be fine for me to support- i already have gamepad code working i just wasnt aware on the kind of setup ios users have regarding gamepads- so i disabled it before release. Can you explain what MFi controller setup you have please? Just so i can test it before updating

2. Valorware

Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    To sell, go to a shop, then Drag your inventory item somewhere on the shop screen. It should bring up a sell dialogue wjere you can adjust the quantities. The coin thing when you highlight an item just shows its monetary value (at the buy amount, sell amount is lower). Thanks for confirming it works on iphone 7!!

*edit* sorry for lack of instructions in game, i wanted to make things completely language-less because i have a large international audience, i constantly get emails asking for translations so i thought i'd try to make a game without any language and more based on discovery to be a bit more inviting to the international audience :) I apoligise if this can be annoying sometimes, 9th Dawn III will have english language :)

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  3. moshgra

moshgra Active Member

Aug 24, 2012
    General Service Technician at PepBoys. Full time S
    Dover, DE
    I'm sure it's your absolute favorite thing trying to work around the pain that is iPhone x.

I've found that the absolute best solution for managing the hotbar in games is to either have a slider for a buffer (like stardew valley) or an option to unlock and let the player move to desired position (along with resizing). If that's not something that's possible, moving it up a little would work well as long as it's not a problem for other iOS devices since it would take up more screen real estate. It's definitely playable, but I'm a big guy and my thumbs tend to hit the bar at the bottom if there are buttons down there.

Am really enjoying the game, looking forward to 9th Dawn III, and I seriously appreciate your involvement with the community and quickly addressing complications

Valorware likes this.
  4. Thedrawguy

Thedrawguy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Male
    After updating to the latest OS , the game is now running.

Thanks

5. bsabiston

bsabiston Well-Known Member

Yes please please add MFi support! IMO it's the only way to play twin-stick shooters on a phone. I have a MadCatz CTRLi, which isn't made anymore, but if you support the MFi standard it should work on just about any controller.

6. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    About the selling/buying things, is it possible to just hold the +10 button then the number increase automatically until releasing button? sometimes I want to sell a huge amount things like 2000~3000, it is painful to keep tapping +10 button hundreds times.

One thing I felt weird is about weapon proficiency level, it seems changed character’s skin when weapon leveling up to 20/40/60 and so on? but sometimes it doesn’t change skin until the main character level up or changing weapons manually, is that a bug? except changing skin, does it have other bonuses?

7. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #47 stubbieoz, Feb 9, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    Regarding the hot bar.
    I’m playing on the large iPad Pro and find that I accidently seem to occasionally touch the first and second slots when using the movement joystick. This inadvertantly removes whatever item was in those slots.
    So I have to leave those two slots empty.
    I think moving the hot bar higher will only make things worse.
    Perhaps you could implement some sort of padlock system so items in the hotbar require an extra tap or action to actually remove them?

Love the game btw. :D
    Oh, and in case it isn’t obvious to anyone, you can save the game at any time by going into the options menu.

8. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Question;
    Underneath the 5 equipable character slots there are some icons which I am unsure of what they mean.
    Using the screenshot below I assume;
    The 377 is weapon damage.
    The 15 is defense.
    The 0 is walking speed adjustment.
    The 1 is ?
    The 33 is somehow related to the weapon?

One suggestion too.
    Don’t suppose it is possible to have a larger automap by any chance?
    Some of the dungeons are quite deep with many branches. Dying takes you back to a previous checkpoint and it can be confusing when re-entering a dungeon to remember which way to go.
    93F8A3A9-44F3-4117-8FE4-DB03162AFABC.png

9. Valorware

Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    #49 Valorware, Feb 9, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    REALLY glad the update helped!! I was very concerned it was still broken, thanks for letting me know!

Thanks, I'm going to enable gamepad support in the next update, although I'm away from home I don't have an MFi controller or apple device to test it (works on android). It may not work, it may partially work, it may work fully. If someone with the game could keep an eye on MFi support on this next update that would be very helpful!
    I'll add a -100 +100 button, (or +/-150). Holding buttons down isn't something I'd designed in the code, as the game takes mouse/joypad/touch input it may be a bit risky to implement holding buttons without extensive testing, the +/-150 will be a quick fix, thanks for letting me know this! It may not be in the next update but hopefully the one after, just fixing some other stuff first :)
    Just fixed it now thank you, it should have changed skin after the skill-up. Skilling up your class contributes to more damage delt
    The numbers for walk speed/health buff is garbage right now, I messed that up and it slipped by, sorry. HP Multiplyer is actually working a tiny amount, not as much as it should though. I've just fixed this now (see below screenshot), makes more sense now!
    02.png
    Do you mean having a bigger visible area on the minimap in a dungeon?

Lull4by likes this.
  10. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    [QUOTE="valorwareuk, post: 4197762, member: 413210”]
    Do you mean having a bigger visible area on the minimap in a dungeon?[/QUOTE]

When in a dungeon I think it would be really helpful if you could tap on the minimap and it opened up to show the whole dungeon level that you have so far managed to explore. :)

11. Valorware

Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    Ah! I see. I've got a bit of a problem in that several dungeons actually share the same "map" as an optimisation, so you would see all the other dungeons on that same map which would be a big spoiler for the player :( It would take a bit too much work to split up the map graphics and display them correctly, I'll make a note of it for "eventual goals" but at this point im unable to say when/if this will make it in sorry >_< Thanks for letting me know your thoughts on it, I will hopefully include this kinda thing in 9th Dawn III and... Throne Quest II? ;)

12. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I see what you did there :p

13. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Damn, don’t think I’ll get much play time, but I’ll buy to support the dev. Mad respect to the dev and responding accordingly

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  14. Valorware

Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    I've submitted an update (which needs to go through the approval process) with the following:
    -Skin changing fix when you skill up
    -Item stats now working fully, and labelled correctly
    -Shops buying/sell have +100/-100 quantity buttons aswell (see pic below)
    -MFi controller support enabled - UNTESTED, I followed Unity's guidelines closely but I don't have access to an MFi controller to test fully. Non-MFi controllers don't seem to be supported. If anyone can confirm MFi is working correctly that would be greatly appreciated, I have ordered one to test myself. This shouldn't affect normal non-gamepad gameplay so I just thought I'd enable it to test

03.png

Thank you so much, very much appreciated!!!

sugimulm and Lull4by like this.
  15. ioso

ioso Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2017
    Male
    Add iCloud support pls

Valorware likes this.
  16. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I have a Nimbus Steel Series MFi controller and will test it as soon as the patch is released and report here, though I am quite happy with the touch controls apart from the hot bar issue I mentioned above.

Thanks for taking on board the feedback from people posting here.
    There are a couple of devs that I will always support because of their willingness to listen to their players and their support of the full price pay model, that is so sadly becoming extinct on mobile.
    Thankfully you are still one of the few. :)

Valorware likes this.
  17. SpeckledJim

SpeckledJim Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Regarding the touch screen controls, is there an option to swap them, ie aim on the left, move on the right? Bit of a dealbreaker for a southpaw.

18. Valorware

Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    I will look into cloud saves at some point but i cant guarantee i can support it, cloudsaving has always confused me but now im using Unity it might be easier. Its been a heavily requested feature so i will do my best!

Thank you so much Stubbieoz i really reaally appreciate the support, and offer to test the nimbus!!

ioso likes this.
  19. Valorware

Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    What is a sourhpaw? Does it mean left handed? I have honestly never heard of this being an issue for left handed people- my partner is left handed and she has never mentioned anything like this- do some games offer this? It shouldnt be a problem for me to add it to options, i just nedd to think of a relevant icon to represent it. Thanks for letting me know!

20. addink

addink Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Just finished it, or I assume so:

I got offered a crown and then found myself stuck behind a treasure chest in the throne room... is that the intended end?

Anyway, I had a blast.
    Squeaky mouse toy at level 5 is awesome, not the most envigorating sound though :)

Lull4by and Valorware like this.