Universal Throne Quest (by Valorware LTD)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gwarmaxx, Feb 6, 2019.

1. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Really having fun with this.

Wish there was a little more explanation on what to do as well as on all the different items you can equip.

2. Valorware

Valorware Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    The latest update also improved support for iPhone X, the gui is no longer obstructed or hidden by the "Notch" area or the swipe bar at the bottom :)

Attached Files:

• 01.png
      01.png
      File size:
      1.5 MB
      Views:
  3. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Here’s a video of some early gameplay with commentary courtesy of SNAPPZILLA

Attached Files:

Son of Anarchy likes this.
  4. Legion180

Legion180 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2015
    How long is the game? Is it replayable? What is there to do when you defeat the final boss?

5. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    An honest dev creator of 9th dawn and a really beautiful game? Count me in

6. Thedrawguy

Thedrawguy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Male
    I had the same inventory issue and tried resetting the IPad.
    Now, all I get is a dark grey screen.

The disk icon with the green glow appeared at the top of the screen
    a few times , but nothing happened.

Thanks

7. Finandir

Finandir Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 7, 2010
    Does this have MFi controller support?

8. Valorware

Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    Hi really sorry to hear this, is your app completely up to date? (I'm unsure how to force update your app on apple), does just 1 character not load or do all of them not load? If you can update your app please do so, and let me know if the character loads please! Sorry about that :(

9. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Please can you confirm if it has controller support? Really hope so!

10. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    No MFI controller support, I have a Steelseries Nimbus controller so I can confirm.

11. Lull4by

Aug 21, 2014
    According to developer, 6~20 hours depending on whether you loot all the dungeons and how strong your equipments are.

I guess there is no replay value, since the equipment system doesn’t not have enough variety to motivate people try different play styles.

I put about 8 hours into the game now, but there seems a lot of dungeons to loot, so I can’t answer the question.

BTW developer doesn’t answer the questions about future content, so I guess that is all the content you can get.

Legion180 likes this.
  12. psj2710

psj2710 Member

Feb 1, 2019
    Male
    For a few dollars 6-20 hours gameplay is great and value for money by far

He’s working on 9th Dawn III so I presume additional content for this game might not happen for a while. But again it’s well worth it and it’s a tiny price to pay

13. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I’m actually happy that the game pretty much sounds like it is a finished product with a relative short game time length compared to the other two. There are few games I actually manage to finish before I tend to find another to play, so I might get to finish this one.
    And the asking price is definately worth it, no iaps here guys.

Can anyone confirm what the blue bar underneath the characters hp bar is?
    I think it is somehow tied to the weapon you are using and when it reaches a certain level your weapon will fire off its special attack?? :confused:

14. Legion180

Legion180 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2015
    Got the game. Hope it helps the devs)
    Will leave some imps a bit later.

15. Lull4by

Aug 21, 2014
    Every time you hit a enemy, the blue bar will increase, so if you are using the high attack speed weapon, you can increase the blue bar really fast, then you can use the super attack, which increase the normal attack power and larger the weapon bullet size.

One thing need to know is, high attack speed weapons usually have lower attack power, so the super attack will not powerful as high attack power weapons, since the super attack shooting speed is really fast.

16. Valorware

Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    Thanks for your support everyone! I really appreciate it. I woke up today with the game being featured as "Game of the week" on this website which was very flattering, thank you so much!!!

Lull4by is correct about the blue bar- each hit charges your meter and it fires a special attack when full. Although I'm unsure if it charges too slow and doesn't last enough, what do you think? The pink potions fill it to max immediately but has slow cooldown.

In terms of extra content- I've made some promises in the past that I haven't been able to keep (most noticeably, the 9th Dawn 1 remake that never happened (yet) ) so I'm reluctant to state if there are any future updates because I don't want to disappoint anyone- as some of you have pointed out I'm putting a lot of effort into 9th Dawn III right now so that is taking most the time. However, I'm not ruling Throne Quest content updates out just yet, I'm just unable to say sorry! There's potentially something exciting happening, but a lot more things need to be confirmed. Thank you again for your support!

Legion180 and Lull4by like this.
  17. moshgra

moshgra Active Member

Aug 24, 2012
    General Service Technician at PepBoys. Full time S
    Dover, DE
    Anyone have any information on how the +\- speed and heart work? I have one heart and when I equip and item with +/- 96 (or any number) it goes to zero. Not sure if lower is better and what it's for? Also, do the speed items stack? Tried a +\- 85 and 89 but I can't tell and stats don't show anything except 0 when equipped.

Note to Dev, I know you're working on fixing the hotbar at the bottom, but the size and location makes it easy to activate the iPhone x swipe pages, and sometimes activates that instead of being able to use the item. Maybe a movable and resizable hotbar? Vertical on the right side would be. Way easier to use so I'm not reaching for items while running from enemies

18. Valorware

Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    Yeah I just noticed the numbers on some item stats are a bit messed up, I'm investigating that today, sorry about that- I think the benefits are still working, but I need to double check and I'll hopefully get that updated soon!
    Regarding the IphoneX, I'm having difficulty managing the best solution for it- seems like there's an obstruction on most sides which makes this hotbar impractical. Would it help if it was moved upwards slightly? Not sure I can put it on the side, there's already a bit too much there and would require a bit of reworking. I've noted your feedback though and hopefully I can sort some solution out!

19. Finandir

Finandir Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 7, 2010
    Thanks for confirming that. It is unfortunate for me. On screen sticks just aren't great for me, especially on the large iPad Pro. I would have grabbed this immediately if it did have MFi support.

20. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

How do you sell old equipment at the shops? I wouldn’t mind if the dev or someone else could explain the inventory system... one thing that’s really bothering me is why is there a coin amount showing when you go to equip an item? I know it doesn’t cost money because my coins are still there after equipping.

Despite the game not explaining things I’m still enjoying it. It plays great on my iPhone 7+

Legion180 likes this.