Universal Threes! (by Sirvo LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Feb 5, 2014.

1. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    On a side, side note. I'm not bothered by the square icons, actually a nice change. When the h3ll is TouchArcade gonna update their app icon is the real question.

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

So something I'm curious of, because of the way the game and scoring works there should be a theoretical limit on what the highest score that's even possible would be, right? Any of you smart math people have any idea what that is? If I'm thinking of this right, you should be able to have a perfect game of Threes, assuming you were good enough of course.

3. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    This game has a "power saving" option? Insta-bought!

4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    It's 189736

5. Geertyy

Geertyy Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2013
    Wow what an amazing game!! Thanks for the quick 5 star review, so I found out about it. I would love to have some people to compete with on gamecentre, add me: Geertyy

6. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    That can't be right, that number can't be divided by 3

7. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Dahh you got me!

8. chumpop

chumpop Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2013
    Just a quick question: Can I ostensibly spend a few minutes before making a move, or am I constantly pressured to slide the tiles around?

9. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Perfect review on this one Eli. This game is quite possibly, the perfect iOS game. Apple should have this installed and open on every iPad in apple stores worldwide! Sales would double!

10. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    P.s this app is my GOTY so far, but let's not forget Eliss infinity as well! This game is stealing all the thunder!

11. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Just sent requests to a bunch of you on GC. Add me too Fangbone :)

12. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    The game is 100% mute on my iPad 3 :(

13. sawyer4325

sawyer4325 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    This game is awesome! I got this and eliss and I can say that will remain on my devises for a very long time! I urge everyone to download this game. Add me on GC: sawyejamesd

Not much on this account as I just recently switched over from my old GC to this new one as of yesterday.

14. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    There is no sound issue on my iPad 3. Have you tried cycling the power?

15. QuickWit

QuickWit Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Video Writer, Director, Producer
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Great, Great, GREAT GAME! Such a great feeling when I got the 192 Block, though now I see that others have already beaten that. Very fun game and I'm looking forward to seeing how others are doing on GC. Feel fee to add me as I'd love to keep track of your scores.

If you've read through all of these pages and still haven't picked up the game... what is wrong with you?!

16. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    There's something amazingly satisfying about the gameplay here. The ability to swipe the blocks in any direction proves to be both an asset and a hindrance at times. What fascinates me is that you really start to learn to play better the more you play, almost subconsciously.

Also, my favorite thing so far: I've started games where it seems I'm doing stupidly badly, when BAM, all of a sudden the right number block falls and I'm clearing the board better than ever. It's fascinating. Too many games will punish you if you don't get things right straight off the bat, but Threes! is forgiving, yet at the same time challenging and addictive.

17. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    I have same device and same issue. Restart didnt help

18. InkyTheGhost

InkyTheGhost Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    Isn't it a numerical cipher? Each symbol represents one of the cards, and each card has a numerical value.
    I've only gotten up to 192, but I imagine it goes like this:

_ _ _ _ 48 96 192 _ _ _ _ _

I'm not sure what symbols represent the four lowest cards though. You can click on each in the main menu to learn their names and "bio." For 3 (Trin) it says she loves ancient history. Maybe the first symbol is a pyramid.

Also, maybe this is spoilery:
    In that main menu grid, where you can see all the cards you unlocked, you are able to move those cards around. Makes me think that once you figure out the order of cards shown by the symbols, then maybe something is unlocked if you can get them in that order. Any thoughts?

Fantastic game btw, totally GOTW for me.

19. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Inky: perhaps the first symbol corresponds to the 6 as it contains 6dots. Also, the third symbol looks a bit sleepy to me and may be the 24.

20. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Deep stuff. Some of the final few symbols just look full on hieroglyphical to me. I just assumed it was their straight order 3-??? as 192 is in just the perfect spot if you start the counting at 3.