Universal Threes! (by Sirvo LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Feb 5, 2014.

1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    And puzzlejuice has just been topped! Truly amazing puzzle game, as definite GOTY candidate for me

2. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Completely agree! This game is just too damn good! Proves that simplicity beautifully executed is the key to something special. It's like the puzzle game version of the Beatles lol!

GOTY candidate for me to!

3. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Yeah, okay... this one deserves the hype it's getting. It's classy, simple, complex and feels fresh. And it's already kept me up past my bedtime on a work night. Gonna play it in bed.

4. JahkanTaka

JahkanTaka Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Damn, does not run well at all on a 4th gen touch.

5. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Played one game, fell in love.

6. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Tis true love <3

Give me yo GC, I only have lame Echoen to compete with on this game

7. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Yep. Just lost my lunch break to this. I love the tense feeling as your board gets full and each move could be your last, then the relief if you manage to clear it down with a big chain.

Anyone know what the effect of the "Conserve Battery" option is (beyond the obvious), or why you'd want it off?

8. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    If you want Andy's GC ID, just look near the top of the leaderboards of any game you've played recently! :)

9. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    This :D

10. GaZ-OiD

GaZ-OiD Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    I have to say.....

It's brilliant! :)

11. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    All the love (and I liked PuzzleJuice too but since english isnt my first language so it didnt worked as well for me as for others here, but still liked it) on this thread leads me to one thing: hitting the BUY button :)

12. Nicola Salmoria

Nicola Salmoria Well-Known Member

Yes I agree. It reminds me of the also excellent Stickets which gave the same feelings.

13. kamikaze28

kamikaze28 <a href="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hundreds/

#53 kamikaze28, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    Cryptic Message

Okay people, listen up!

We got another cryptic message from the insidious pixel-pusher aeiowu. Click this link to see the message.

So far I haven't found any clues on the game's website or press kit or any other place in the game. I got confirmation from aeiowu via Twitter that it does have a meaning. My current thinking is that one needs to progress further in the game (i. e. get to the highest number) to get anywhere with this. I'm still at 384.

Edit: I suspect this to be much less of a message.
    I think it is just one symbol per character. The DJ got headphones and the pirate got a bird.

14. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
  15. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Hehe yes! I beat Echoen :D

16. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Just got my first 192 feels great!

17. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    ipod touch 4 user here (not JB). the game is so slow it's unplayable for me (with several crashes). couldn't finish the tutorial, basically. what's happening? anyone having this issue? I'm eager to try this puppy but I can't --

oh and I am on OS 6.1.3

18. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    According to the developer on the twitch stream yesterday, the "conserve battery" option drops the framerate to help preserve battery life.

19. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Besides the obvious brilliance of the game play and the graphics, sounds and music design, this game has other attributes I love. It plays easily on my iPhone, on which I find playing most other games uncomfortable. Also, I don't even need my reading glasses to enjoy it on the phone. This is huge for me and my fellow older gamers will appreciate it as well, I suspect.

My one minor perceived flaw is having to confirm my name after each game ends. I wish the developers would add an option to allow skipping this.

Threes! may end up being as big a hit as Flappy Bird and hopefully, a much longer lasting one.

20. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Wow, just wow, Im really impressed with Threes. Its simple yet so clever at the same time. I agree with this being the next must own puzzle game that every puzzle lover should buy. And with NO IAP and no pay-to-win mechanics we are in for some clean leaderboards fight. Please add me: )Frost( on GameCenter.