Universal This War of Mine [+ "The Little Ones" DLC] (by 11 bit studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sash-O, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    This and papers please are damn depressing, and damn good.. Absolutely dig this #

2. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I can't take it. I gotta see if this will play on my ancient iPad 2. I hate when there's games that I can't play! Lol

3. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    #143 GiHubb, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2015
    SPOLIER ALERT

While personally I didn't reach the ending, I've heard the war lasts either 25 or 50 days but can't confirm it first hand, I think I heard it mentioned on one of the video reviews of the PC version.

4. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    #144 sapphire_neo, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2015
    You can use the spoiler bbcode tag for spoilers, like so [ SPOILER ][ /SPOILER ].

5. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Got it, thanks! :)

6. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Lol,I'm so dumb,never used the "engage in combat button" until I found the video where the guy taps on it,helps so much.

7. Geertyy

Geertyy Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2013
    Wow if any of you are on the fence about this game, I'd say go for it! You don't want to miss out on this amazing experience.

I witnessed the death of one of my guys, which caused depression to his friends. The night after I just had to rob an old couple to get medicine and food. Otherwise the other two would die as well. But it felt so wrong to do and it made the guys even more sad.

It's just great how immersive the game gets and I know I will be really sad when all of my guys will die. There is enough reason to keep starting new games though, as there are different kinds of characters, locations and things to explore.

This game is different from many other games, but it's an experience you don't wanna miss!

8. crazyb

crazyb Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Agree with everything 100%!! During my first play through I only had one person left. He couldn't take the depression and hung himself. I felt so bad for him. This is probably the best game to ever come out on the iPad. This is a must buy for everyone!!!!!

9. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Spoilertags guys, please.

10. Game.PN

Game.PN Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Going to the prison called "School"
    Earth,Milky Way
    It is better to rob than to kill in TWOM because it cause depression = Suicide that's why cigarettes,radio,books,guitar and chairs are important because it reduces the depression level. Different people has also different levels of psychology that why for example Bruno is more affected when you rob or kill the people than Roman

11. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    ITS WAYYYYYY BETTER TO ROB THAN KILL BUT TO BATTLE THAT U HAVE TO MAKE MOONSHINE OR GET ALCHOL I FOUND OUT BY REPLAYING NUMEROUS TIMES IM ON DAY 15 with no deaths no depression or anything U HAVE TO GET THEM DRUNK PLUS TALK TO THEM IN ORDER TO GET RID OF DEPRESSSION !###

12. chad_smash

chad_smash New Member

Jul 18, 2013
    Got this when it came out on Steam without reading anything about it - was mega p****d off as I thought it was gonna be a Deadlight-style of game. Only took about 10 minutes of grumbling before I realised how brilliant it was and was actually exactly the style of game I wanted but didn't know I wanted. Haven't played it much on PC as only L4D2 gets a look in on the rare occasion I get some time on the PC ;-) was totally gutted I couldn't play it on my iPhone 5 - but WTF?? It *actually* works on iPad 2?? Had a couple of crashes so far, but not lost any progress because of it - works *great* on my ancient device, MASSIVE thumbs up for bucking the trend and giving some love for us old-timers who can't justify the cost of an upgrade, love you long-time 11-bit ;-)

13. Oldgamer

Oldgamer Well-Known Member

May 22, 2015
    Just finished my first game, sadly all my people died. Have to say the game is phenomenal!! Truly something special.

I really feel for my characters and the choices are so hard.. Simple amazing. Goty for me, quite frankly I would have been happy to pay £20 for this.

14. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    For everyone who is looking for similar experiences in other games, try 60 Seconds, Zafehouse Diaries and Rebuild 3 on Steam.

15. The Son of Anarchy

The Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Plays great on iPad 2, even better with recent update.

16. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    #156 Kenan2000, Jul 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2015
    I'm not sure if I get banned for this (I HOPE NOT) and probably everybody knows about this semi-cheat...

You can restart your day if you messed up by either exiting the game completely or going to the main menu.

Hope I helped :)

17. veryggyy

veryggyy Active Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Auto save function is missing!
    I beg the dev update the issue quickly! Thanks

18. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Thanks SoA. You're my hero. Downloading now.

19. Oldgamer

Oldgamer Well-Known Member

May 22, 2015
    Maybe I'm just old but I fail to understand why someone would buy a good game and then cheat/exploit. I personally like a challenge and cheating would make me feel cheap. :)

20. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Got to admit that would be a nice option but equally it's not bothering me as much as it does in some games