Universal This War of Mine [+ "The Little Ones" DLC] (by 11 bit studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sash-O, Jul 15, 2015.

1. hincy89

hincy89 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2011
    ha whoops you got me, I knew there was something not quite right with what I wrote.

2. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    It's pretty simple really. $9.99 is 66% of the full cost. 9.99 / .66 = ?? There ya go. ;)

3. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    My post was directed at an dev so do me a favor, don't call me kidd and stfu. I didn't asked for someone who isnt able to use the capslock properly or is overusing emojis like a 5 year old girl.

4. Squablo

Squablo Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2010
    ..........MFi support?..........

5. crazyb

crazyb Member

Nov 21, 2009
    No reason for MFi support. Touch controls are perfect.

6. Revolvix

Revolvix Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2014
    I can confirm that it runs fine on an iPad mini 1st gen, I did experience one crash but I have been playing it for almost 2 hours and didn't even reboot my iPad before playing originally. It's a very special thing this one, I'm already getting too attached to my guys but got through day 5 without issue so far

7. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    WELL, that escalated quickly

Attached Files:

8. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    This game has an incredible atmosphere. I booted it up after work for a quick play and then lost 2 hours immediately. The choices that you are constantly having to make are agonising but also really rewarding if you manage to help one of your guys out of a bad situation. The little snippets of dialogue really add to the overall mood, as does the bleak but very interesting scenery.
    I cant recommend this game enough, as long as you are willing to let yourself get emotionally involved it really is compelling to play.
    Hats off to the developers, I am really enjoying it.

9. Squablo

Squablo Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2010
    There is ALWAYS a reason for MFi support. Regardless of how well the touch interface is implemented, you still have to cover the screen with your hand/finger in order to interact. I've played Plants vs Zombies on a touch screen and with a controller. Yes, it plays way better on a touch screen, as most puzzle games do as well, but I like to see the pretty graphics........

10. Vexka

Vexka Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Australia
    #110 Vexka, Jul 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
    So just checking before I buy, it doesn't work (well) on iPad mini first gen?

*sigh* first Don't Starve, and now this!

11. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    Huge disappointment that it's only for iPad. I realize iPhone version may be in the works but that's probably a long ways away. By the time it makes it to iPhone there will most likely be bigger and better games to play.
    I guess all I can say is you guys blew it and lost lots of money

12. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    #112 sapphire_neo, Jul 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
    The PC version does not have controller support, so don't hold your breath for MFi support anytime soon. This is a game intended to be played with a mouse/touch interface.

TWoM is ridiculously unique, if it ever gets support for iPhone it will still be the only game of its kind on the App Store. Also, 11 bits is perfectly aware of how to handle the iOS market, they have been doing this for a number of years.

13. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    I can see it now....This War of Mine is released as an universal app and because of the small UI and device requirements, ends up with a 3 star average rating from App Store customer reviews. Sales quickly plummet due to the higher-then-usual IOS price tag (especially for an iPhone app) along with the lower-then-deserved App Store rating. Less then a month later the game goes on sale, and someone posts in the TA Price Drop section, "Is it really worth the 3 bucks? The ratings on the App Store are not so good."

14. Game.PN

Game.PN Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Going to the prison called "School"
    Earth,Milky Way
    Give me a YouTube HD link on how it plays on iPad Air 2

15. LukeT

LukeT Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    How do I change the game language?

16. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Play any good on ip6 with the ipa edit/hack?

17. Oldgamer

Oldgamer Well-Known Member

May 22, 2015
    Been trying to buy this for over 3 hrs now. Each time I put my AppStore password in, I get a circle for 1-2 secs and the price appears again. :( Have tried hard resetting my iPad Air but it was the same.

Annoyed I can't buy this (yes, I have enough money)

18. rseller1

rseller1 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2013
    I am having the same issue. I've tried downloading several apps, all with the same result. I think it's an AppStore issue; I seem to remember this same thing happening not too long ago...

19. rseller1

rseller1 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2013
    NM, seems to be working again.

20. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    How do I edit the file to get it to work on ip6 please?

Thanks