Universal This War of Mine [+ "The Little Ones" DLC] (by 11 bit studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sash-O, Jul 15, 2015.

1. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    #321 MetaGonzo, Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    My 4S 8.3 and iPad2 9.2.1 have been syncing happily without any fiddling with settings.

Not much help I know but it does sync.

Edit:

Not so sure now. I started a 2nd game on my pad (only just started playing) and it hasn't synced.
    I don't play it on my phone, was more out of interest as to how it would play. Others might have though; it gets passed around a bit. Perhaps it's someone else who was playing a similar scenario to my first run on the pad and I didn't notice.

In summary: still no help.

2. Touch_Dragon

Touch_Dragon Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Yes it does :) it's what I'm playing it on.

3. CrayonWarrior

CrayonWarrior Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 9, 2014
    Great southern land
    #323 CrayonWarrior, Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
    Update and dlc out. Can't seem to buy the dlc.

4. Kainamor

Kainamor Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2015
    Yes, I am having problems on my end also. The update is just constantly downloading and once finished just auto restarts, it's done that four times. I'll try again later.

5. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    If you mean the update from the AppStore, I've tried to download a few apps today and noticed problems. I either logged out of iTunes and back in again, or restarted my iPhone. Otherwise I was finding the buy button of the app in the store was just spinning. Try either of those to update. I'm sure it will get sorted either way.

6. BlackEyedGamer

BlackEyedGamer Active Member

Sep 15, 2016
    From the developer:

So, hang tight is the message, I guess.

7. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Ooh! New expansion content! Looks very promising with the new elements introduced! Excited to try it out!

8. DezTheSpic

DezTheSpic Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2014
    That's it worked for me now. In the UK

9. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Apology

I would like to give a formal apology to the developer of this game because I didn't buy it sooner; for that I am terribly sorry.

10. RedThumb

RedThumb Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2016
    How bad is it?

Since the game is currently on sale, I wanted to give it t a try.

I read a couple of comments on the AppStore and it seems that a lot of people having issues with random crashes.
    As it seems, the game does not let you save during days and when a crash happens you lose all progress.

Now I am torn between checking out what seems to be a great game. And saving myself from a disappointment.

How bad are the crashes really and do they happen on specific devices?
    I still have my Air1 with iOS 9.

11. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    I've played a bit on my iphone6 and now my 7+ and I never had it crash. I haven't played it for hours n hours though, only a few

12. RedThumb

RedThumb Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2016
    #332 RedThumb, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    Yesterday it went from the sale price of 2,99 to 1,99
    I thought that was a sign and got it right away. Played two days yesterday and no crashes so far.

Edit: Day 7, still no crashes, thankfully.
    But I seem to play it very poorly. All my guys are starving, tired and some wounded. I have searched and scavenged everything in the house and in the first scavenging location. almost no food to be found though. They might very well all die the next day.
    I saw a gameplay video from the start, where food did not seem to be a problem.

My only real chance for food is the "Garage" it seems. But there are people there and all the stuff is private property. So I do not dare take it.
    Is this part of the randomness and am I just unlucky?

13. Kainamor

Kainamor Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2015
    I saw this version in steam and got jealous for my iOS version. I had no idea it was going to be a free update! New characters and places on the map. Plus it has a new ending. These devastated have been catering to the fans so great.

14. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    This gem is on discount for $1,99 / 2,29€ as if like there’s anyone out there who doesn’t own it already. :rolleyes: But seriously. If there is, however unlikely that might be, now is the time.

ste86uk likes this.
  15. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I’ve never actually played it, so I get the game and the DLC for the game purchase price?

16. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk actually no! Discounted price is for base game only. Original price is $14,99 / 16,99€. There are 2 DLC available as IAP within the game. Both are paid, on all platforms. Always has been. On Steam I remember when The Little Ones came out there was an option to buy DLC for owners of the original game (for like 20 bucks) or purchase the game titled as The Little Ones that included original game as well (for $40) for potential new customers.

That being said I'm not familiar with pricing on iOS, so I don't know what the asking prices for DLCs were originally. Nevertheless, it's $1,99 / 2,29€ for The Little Ones and $2,99 / 3,49€ for Stories at the moment.

The Little Ones added children into game and they're your main concern. To make them happy, make toys for them etc. If the original game is depressing AF, this will only pile-up on overall mood. In Stories you're following a story of a father and daughter, it's story-driven experience different from previous two.

The original game is a no-brainer for this price. Just give it a go and you'll see if you're willing to immerse yourself deeper with those DLC. I bought everything during the years, on multiple platforms. Primarily to support the developers. But I've never played those DLCs just for a simple fact I'm a father myself and as I wrote earlier, the base game is already depressing AF. I wouldn't want to put myself into even hypothetical scenarios of war and survival involving the whole family. This game's quite strong on feelings. Portrayal of war and its consequences on everyday needs and struggles is crazy realistic. So I'm just fine with experiencing the base game.

ste86uk likes this.