Universal This War of Mine [+ "The Little Ones" DLC] (by 11 bit studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sash-O, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Oldgamer

Oldgamer Well-Known Member

May 22, 2015
    It's not steep at all, I would have happily paid twice as much, this is really a top quality game.

2. TimTim92

TimTim92 Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Hey y'all. Sorry if anyone saw an offensive word before in my last post (which has now been removed).
    I made an insensitive comment that I didn't really think about before saying. I have a big mouth!
    Anyways, I want to give people an update.

I did indeed buy the game and although I'm usually extremely tight with my money (I have 2 kids so everything extra goes to college funds) I bought this game and really like it so far! I think the purchase is definitely worth it.

3. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Greatly disappointed by this game: The story is stuffed by "war is hell" cliches; the atmosphere, set pieces, to the dialog feel incredibly fake, and gameplay wise it's just boring. The day sequences especially stick out as tamagotchi in war. Some of the scavenging missions are tense, but there is too much trading required, which is dull too, in order to succeed.

4. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    IM DAY 28 ITS A AWESOME GAME PLEASE SUPPORT THEM U CANT EVEN BUY A VALUE MEAL AT BURGER KING FOR 10$ bucks

5. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    its not everyone taste but u are completely wrong about the cliche its not fake boring u must didnt get the guns yet all the missions are tense yes there is alot of trading but u are in a war no stores so what do u expect? Im kinda confused this is one of the most unique games i have ever played ive been gaming since nintendo nes dayz i know a good game when i play one and this is a masterpiece #####

6. I thought it was just me! Glad I'm not alone.

7. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    It's okay to have differing opinions folks! It's entirely possible TWoM won't hit the right engagement for some people, and that's fine. As someone who absolutely adores the game I'm just glad it exists.

8. TimTim92

Jun 14, 2012
    I'm so upset I lost on day 17, but boy does it make me happy it kicked my butt! I now know soo much more to do and what to have and what not to get. Anyone know how to get some pure alcohol though? Is there character recruitment too?

9. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    [​IMG]

[thread=266347][​IMG][/thread] [thread=266391][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264118][​IMG][/thread] [thread=266417][​IMG][/thread] [thread=266548][​IMG][/thread] [thread=266376][​IMG][/thread]

This War of Mine

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

July 16th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo

10. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    PURE ALCHOL IS REALLY RARE I BEAT THE GAME LAST NIGHT USUALLY U HAVE TO TRADE FOR IT MOONSHINE U CAN MAKE BUT U NEED PURE ALCHOL TO MAKE BANDAGES SO IF U FIND IT OR TRADE FOR IT KEEP IT ! Lol

11. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Is there a particular reason why you post in all caps?

12. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    He is one of the unique TA members like Maglor with his cat,but this friend of ours is "The Caps Dude".
    :D

13. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    That's fine, except the forums explicitly don't want you to post in all caps. It's an implicit as well as explicit rule. He just gets around it by post a few letters in lower case at the end. Would it be fine if I started posting in all caps everywhere?

14. TimTim92

Jun 14, 2012
    Thanks! Just been finding it, don't know if I can make it yet or if you can.

15. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Okay. So I have the ipa for this and I tried to install it on my jailbroken 6+ after I installed Don't Starve and it keeps saying there's an error and won't install. I'm on the taig 8.5 JB. I saw that some people in the thread had gotten this to work and have scoured the Internet for solutions, to no avail. If anyone can help me fix this I would greatly appreciate it.

16. TimTim92

Jun 14, 2012
    Get off jailbreak and buy the game. Simple. Kinda lets the devs know to keep making good games. It's worth it.

17. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    I love jailbreaking because of the customizations to my phone. I pay for all my tweaks. If I didn't have my phone jail broken, installing this on my 6+ wouldn't even be an option and a complete waste of $15.

18. TimTim92

Jun 14, 2012
    How would it be a waste? I am cheapppp and I spent $10 on it when it was on sale. Why? Because I love the type of gameplay and options it provides and look forward to more updates. It was worth it because I got something out of it. It won't kill you to spend $15 and play the game. Don't like it? Go ahead and ask apple for a refund. Better yet, wait for a sale again. I used to be like you, jailbroken but it's not worth it. Now, all my "AAA" games are free (legit promotions) or I paid for. At Christmas, pretty much all the best games go on sale and for like dirt cheap! What's $.99? Foreals man.. I just don't get how a game to enjoy would be a waste if you're going to get it anyways illegally? You're pretty much saying, "I wouldn't even be interested if I had to pay for this". Wow.

19. AchillesReborn

AchillesReborn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    You're not entitled to play the game on any device you want, certainly not to the extent of stealing it to do so.

Thankfully, you are too stupid to get it to work.

20. TimTim92

Jun 14, 2012
    Thank you..