Universal This War of Mine [+ "The Little Ones" DLC] (by 11 bit studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sash-O, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Maybe I need to take more risks at night? I've been playing it pretty safe.

2. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Look:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/771423-this-war-of-mine/70582203

Read it and you'll understand everything.

About the risks - yes,taking risks at night is important,believe me,you'll get used to "sneaky sneak" killing and stealing eventually.

Remember that there is auto save,it saves you as soon as the next day begins (figure out yourself how to load it back if you died or messed up since it is considered as a spoiler)

3. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Do you know that you can double tap to make a character run? You should be able to get more done on the first day than you achieved in four days. You are against the clock, so you need to do a lot more stuff in each session.

My advice would be to make these items a priority to get you off to a good start - a bed (or 2 ideally) a cooking stove, a rain water collector, and a metal workbench.

4. I think I've mostly been making what I can with the materials (also occasionally holding back so as not to use everything up). But thanks for the tips! I'll see if I have what I need to make those.

Hopefully I'll be able to find some food source before they all die... :/

5. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I would recommend starting again. There is enough stuff in the safe house at the start of the game to get many of the essentials built on the first day. Just set off multiple characters burrowing through the rubble after collecting the easy to get items.

6. At one point, one of them said "this would be easier with a shovel." I assumed they wanted me to wait until I had a shovel so I don't kill them with exhaustion. :p

7. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Yeah, that's just a general tip for clearing rubble, but ignore it for now. You won't have a shovel at the start of the game so just go ahead and get them to clear it up by hand. It doesn't affect their exhaustion clearing rubble by hand, it's just slower.

8. Ah ok good to know. I thought it might make them hungrier/sicker, so I avoided it. I guess I will start over. Thanks!

9. Nst72

Nst72 Active Member

Oct 31, 2013
    I'm hopeless at trading,never have enough to swap.Pity wasn't an option for "favours" lol.

10. Game.PN

Game.PN Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Going to the prison called "School"
    Earth,Milky Way
    If you guys want to trade medicine for tools or food go to the garage

11. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    My first game sucked. I could just make 1 bed, didn't have materials for anything else. Only survived 7 days and everyone got killed. I guess my random game seed was lame, because on my second playthrough I found everything I needed in the house on day 1. I'm on day 2 atm and it seems I'm doing much better now :) Amazing game, btw.

12. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    When does the sale end? I want to gift it to some friends

13. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Sorry for taking so long to get around to this, as others have said you should be able to get more done within one day and on day 1 itself. Running helps, and be sure to maximize your crafts and shelter scavenging on the first day. Plus, since the game doesn't tutorialize much, it's the successive runs that teach you how to get more out of different resources. If you're still not feeling the game after a few runs then it's just a matter of taste. There have been way too many big name hyped games hat didn't do it for me, it's better to find something you enjoy than to try and enjoy something that everyone seems to love.

14. guzhenjie1

guzhenjie1 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2014
    #194 guzhenjie1, Jul 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
    I also encountered this bug twice last night. I have to force close the game. Hope they can fix it soon.

15. CrayonWarrior

CrayonWarrior Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 9, 2014
    Great southern land
    I am also getting this bug. Ipad air ios 8.4

16. Alc819

Alc819 Active Member

Jun 11, 2012
    I am also getting the exact same bug with iPad Air 8.4

17. TimTim92

TimTim92 Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Someone convince me to buy this. I only have $10 at the moment.

18. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    There's 20 pages in this thread to convince you, along with 22 TA-user votes and an average 5-star rating. Do you need anything else? If all that doesn't convince you, nothing will :p

19. TimTim92

TimTim92 Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    True.. I plan on picking this up anyways although, the price is pretty steep. Just looking to maximize my funds, really. Seems like it will be worth it though.

20. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I wouldn't hold off for long if you are concerned about the price. The 33% discount ends tomorrow as far as I can tell.

Either way, it is worth every penny.