This War Of Mine (2.99)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by neku233, Jun 15, 2016.

1. neku233

neku233 Active Member

Jan 23, 2014
    The amazing and emotional This War Of Mine is on sale for 2.99
    This War of Mine by 11 bit studios s.a.
    https://appsto.re/us/--SI6.i

2. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Get it. Worth the price easy

3. CookingPie

CookingPie Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2014
    I bought it. I started it up and after a minute of trying this and that I realised I haven't got a clue what I am supposed to be doing.
    So I closed the app and went back to struggling through an early level of Lost Socks.

Pretty graphics though

4. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Don't worry - that is normal. It'll take a few plays (and deaths) before you really work out what to do and in what order. Or you could read a guide, but where's the fun in that? Super game.

5. Bantocks

Bantocks Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2013
    #5 Bantocks, Jun 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    Does this support mfi controls

Answered my own question - no

6. runliketurtles

runliketurtles Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Hmm. I'm not a big survival game fan (I didn't enjoy Don't Starve). The idea of This War of Mine intrigues me, but I'm expecting the mechanics aren't my style. Still, 3 bucks...

7. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I am sort on the fence, but I am approaching it like a novel - read the first 50 -100 pages, then decide I don't like it. I had the same thoughts with Titans Quest (one of my most played current games), and Chaos Rings 3 (put over 150 hours into that one). Some of the best games I can ever remember took some getting used to, and didnt immediately grab me.

8. dj666

dj666 New Member

Jun 16, 2016
    has someone played it on ipad 2? i would like to know if the framerate is too low to be playable.

9. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    Guys, buy this game!
    It's not just a game, it's an experience!
    You will think about this game, even when you're not playing.
    And make sure some of your friends or family members are playing the game as well, because you want to talk about it.
    There are so many decisions to make...
    I had a lot of conversations with my dad, as we both started to play the game last christmas.

Give it a try, you won't be disappointed!

10. CookingPie

Mar 25, 2014
    To anyone whose played through this,
    What's the minimum age of a child you would say this is okay for?
    Thanks

11. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Not sure I'd recommend this to a child. Or maybe I would. Depends entirely on their personality. There are a lot of people, often from poorer backgrounds, who grow up seeing all the veneration a soldier gets, how they get called heroes, and sign up themselves in order to get that tailor-made identity. Then, once their country has chewed them up and spat them out, they often end up on the street, brains buzzing with post-traumatic stress disorder. Perhaps they may have thought twice if they'd played a game like this when they were younger.

It's dark. Most of the main characters, normal people, will probably die, and you'll feel their deaths. Seeing how quickly your neighbours and friends and chuckling passersby on the street can turn into your worst enemy in trying times really hits you in this game.

On a guess, I'd say...13+? I know when I turned 13 or so I started pondering on things much more than ever before. Before 13 they'll probably just be a bit creeped out and bored.

12. CookingPie

Mar 25, 2014
    thanks, that was very useful.