This sucks... I want to play Darkin'...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Empfmil, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Empfmil

Empfmil Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Hi, I live in EU and for some months ago I bought Darkin' on a sale, but I didn't play it immediately. Today I wanted to redownload it and try it for once, but apparently now it's only on the US appstore?! I am so disappointed! Do I basically have to go over to the US appstore somehow to get it and play it? What is this anway?.... I think it was only a dollar or something, but just for fairness sake I should atleast be refunded right?

2. indalico

indalico Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    It's not available at all on any country's store that I know of, even when going to search for purchased apps.

3. Empfmil

Aug 23, 2012
    That's such bullshit! I payed for a game that since then doesn't exist anymore?

4. jaysraptors_to

jaysraptors_to Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2014
    It's not fair, I agree but if you really want to play it, just buy it from the us appstore. It's only one dollar.

5. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Maybe because it's not available in the US App Store

6. indalico

indalico Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    The game cannot be purchased even if the OP wanted to get it. It's been removed from the app store. It cannot be obtained even if it was purchased, since that has been removed from the purchased area.

7. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Yep this really sucks. I really love Darkin. It's completely stupid that Apple does not keep the game on their servers for people who already bought the game. I have a feeling at some point there will be a lawsuit.

8. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Even if it were still available, and the OP has a us account, he would need someone with a Credit card registered in the US to let him use their card details or buy an iTunes voucher for whatever the minimum is over there (here it's £15).

Long shot but do you sync your device to the PC? You can reinstall it that way as when you sync a copy of your purchases are there.

I sync once a week, it's a pain sometimes but I'm happy I have a copy of my fave titles on my PC ( and Dropbox just to be extra safe lol). This seems to be happening more often lately.

You could try finding the dev online and ask if it's temporary maybe. It coukd be something to do with ios8 perhaps.

9. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    It's strange that they just had the game on sale less than 2 months ago. I know it'd be counter productive but it'd be nice if they'd let their potential customers know that the game will be pulled soon. It just looks really bad and leaves a bad taste in people's mouths

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Obviously always download the game first so you can back it up

Have you contacted the dev ?

11. Empfmil

Aug 23, 2012
    I haven't contacted the dev or Apple, and I sync to PC basically never. This does sucks, but I think I just want to forget about this now and download some other good match puzzler, must be loads of them.

12. UnhappyUnlucky

UnhappyUnlucky Well-Known Member

I was about to buy this game. Then they took it off :(

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Sorry but its crazy not to synch. I mean have you got Gridlee (MAME ?) for example, stuff like that you have to backup as they get taken off the app store.

Just sync to your PC and then copy up the ipa's to Dropbox/Mega etc

But yet again we hear this every week where someone hasnt backed up their games and then complains when a game goes missing from the app store. Please please back up your games. I've just backed up 50 gig with Mega (you get 50 gig free with them)

14. Noomen

Noomen Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2014
    #14 Noomen, Feb 7, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    since ios 9 you can't sync your purchases anymore, i.e apple stole your money

15. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    Gutted I can't play this game any more #

I also use to love to play Ramp Champ too and that's gone as well #

16. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    To sync your recently purchased game you have to click on update and it will automatically download your recent purchase

17. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Its not the way the App Store is set up. Developers have to pay to continue having games available. If the developer lapses, the apps are pulled. They would have to change their whole way of doing business if Apple maintained the apps. Who gets the money if the developer doesnt pay their annual fee? Apple cant keep it, its not their property. If they just send the royalties to the developer, whats the incentive of the developer to pay Apple?

That being said, its a pain, but I back up everything to a hard drive so I can have it available. Its a bit of a pain, and a bit time consuming, but I never dont have an app that I bought that I would like to replay.

18. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I don't understand this. The developer is not getting any money because no one can buy the game. It would only be available under the customers purchased apps.

19. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    There was a thread that got started about this topic due to this game....I still think if a game is pulled, your purchase history should be saved.
    If not that, then a backup to iCloud should absolutely save it, especially if you are paying for storage like I am.
    I upgraded to the iPhone 6 and Darkin disappeared. Luckily I happened to have it on an old laptop but I was pissed that it wasn't in my cloud, regardless of store status.