This section is not worth reading anymore (for me)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ArtNJ, Oct 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    I see. I skimmed through that part rather quickly.
    There maybe some valid points after reading more carefully on some posts but overall I think TA is doing a lot better than most other type of forums.
    Being an open forum I've learned to accept what threads and posts are made and simply not let it bother me so. I've found thats the most intelligent choice to make when surfing TA.:)

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    those were in the lounge, and once again read the thread.

sigh forget it.

3. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

So, what are you doing to change that? You can reminisce all you like about how it "used to be", but posting a thread like this, only increases the problem, it doesn't solve it.

I tend to agree with diffusion8er and the "If you don't like it, don't read it." idea, but that doesn't solve the problem you think is there either. If you spent the time it took to make a topic about games, rather than whining, then you might get the results you're saying you miss. Just a thought.

And Codycat, you really need to pay attention. It's been explained to you before in other threads about the singular posts regarding Pocket Frogs. When the first three links are to touch arcade when you google pocket frog help, you're going to get that result. Now, follow Mark Twain's advice: "Better to keep quiet and let people think you're a fool, than open your mouth and prove it."

4. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator

Jul 30, 2009
    And that is bad why? It will always be this way for any given game at any given time. Lot of people joined for Pocket Gods. Lot of people join for RPG help. How about when Eliminate first came out and there were all those new members then? Touch Pets? Pick a new game, any game, and look in the thread for all the new members that post a handful of times and are gone forever.

It's an amazing but true fact that not ALL people love forums enough to stick around passed getting the answers that they need.

5. I agree for the most part about what you said, but I don't understand your problem with asking for tips. It's sometimes difficult to find good advice in a sea of posts in the game's main thread, so a thread dedicated to just tips for that game would be helpful and more organized IMO.

6. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    yeah exactly, I think the asking for tips part is fine and I respond to any of them that I can help with but I really don't like the rest of them.

7. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #27 Cilo, Nov 1, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
    [​IMG]

8. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Thank you, that was the best thing I saw all day! :D I just did some serious LOL'ing :D

9. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Your grammar, primarily your inability to punctuate correctly, won't serve you well when it comes to writing papers, unless the intelligence level at Cornell has also declined. Perhaps it has.

10. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I didn't know people spoke formally on forums, especially one discussing games. I'm guessing no one here has enough friends to text or instant message.

11. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Are you so full of yourself that you don't realize WHY you're receiving negative/critical responses, like mine above? Since you're apparently thicker than I thought, I'll just be straight forward with you.

You're acting like an elitist ass in this thread.

12. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I posted one comment in agreement with the OP and someone comes and insults us directly. Yes, my first comment was critical but was I insulting anyone directly? No. Now let's to diffusion8r's first comment and the ones following it.

13. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

And some of us do use proper grammar and spelling when texting and Instant Messaging. Don't be so lazy.

14. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    #34 da shiz wiz 19, Nov 1, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
    uhhh

15. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    'directly' was the key word. Now, are you 12?

16. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    You were more like insulting everybody indirectly.

I once was 12. And so were you.

17. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Okay, I apologize for being an elitist douchebag.

18. bballbeast76

bballbeast76 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    come on guys, let's just get along. we're here to help each other about iOS gaming, not insult each other. i don't see anything wrong with stating opinions, but there's no need to get angry and defensive over anything.

19. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Instead of argue, why don't we all just . . .

20. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    This thread = [​IMG]