iPad This game so wants to be on iPhone - World of Goo!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by othernine, Dec 20, 2008.

1. othernine

othernine Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Northern Ireland
    How much is 'World of Goo' crying out to be on iPhone!?! It would work perfectly on the touchscreen!

If the developer happens to be reading Touch Arcade... please make it happen!

Mac & Windows demo available:
    http://worldofgoo.com/dl2.php?lk=demo

2. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

I thought it was. I heard something about it a while back.

3. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
  4. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I played the WOG demo and wasn't too impressed, especially for $10... I got Tiki towers for $1 and I'm loving it!!!

5. McChikun

McChikun Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    World of Goo grows on you. I got this winner on my Wii via WiiWare, and I initially wasn't too impressed at all. At first, it just seems like a typical, albeit pretty, physics puzzle game. But then they start throwing all sorts of crazy stuff at you - bomb goos, catapault goos, and balloons.

6. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Well I never got to see any of the other stuff, The demo just has the first 2 levels and didn't have much that I was impressed with for the price. If they added the other stuff in the demo, I might have been more inclined to give it a decent go around... I did like the visual style and menus though

7. matt

matt Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Blogger/Student/Public Relations
    Collins,GA
    I would pay $10 for the game for the iPod Touch. I already own it on the Wii and on my Macbook. I cant describe how much fun the game is to play. Having the ability to use the touch screen would make the game that much better.

I hope 2D Boy ports the game.

8. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    *sob*
    I emailed them 12 times and they never replied...:(
    I'm a little obsessed with this game.
    It's amazing... Tiki towers doesn't do WoG justice.

9. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    I hope if they port it, there will be different levels than the WiiWare/Mac/PC version...or else it will be to easy for me to complete :D.

Oh well, at least it would still be portable.

10. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Tiki Towers is pretty good. Great for $.99, but doesn't have the polish.

11. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

That's a good point. I've just picked it up on wiiware (it was only released in the uk this week) and would hate it if a possible iPhone port had the exact same levels.

The controls would be so perfect on the iPhone/Touch and with some decent marketing it could do really well (i'm thinking if plug it like Rolando). Plus they already have a Mac version, so it shouldn't be too difficult to port over.

Come on 2D Boy, make it happen! :D

12. mrsteveman1

mrsteveman1 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2008
    If they port world of goo to the iphone, i would buy it instantly. The Mac version keeps me entertained for a long time.

13. othernine

othernine Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Northern Ireland
    I saw it was released in the UK on WiiWare this week but I would so rather buy it for iPhone!