Universal Thirteen Souls: Martial Arts Fighting (by Good net technology)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    I just realized this released, beta tested it and it was super fun, is it still good?

2. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    On the one hand, yeah, performance does seem to have gone down a tad after the patch. :( (Not to mention they seem to have jacked up the unlock requirements, too - did it seriously need several hundred soulstones per character or variant as well as the other condition, before the patch? Maybe I'm remembering it wrong...)

On the other hand, god damn it's still so much fun. I've not put as much time into it as I could have, but having played a bit more I'm even more impressed despite the flaws - it's a simple brawler in some respects but there's more depth than you might think and even just a basic bit of care and attention to what's going on will take you a long way against very tough enemies. Plus jeez, some of the stages are fantastic. That bamboo forest one - sure, the framerate takes a hit, but destructible scenery that stays, as well as stellar art direction? Plus the demon temple place in the middle of the lake... :eek: hard to believe this is a mobile game at times, not to mention a premium game from a no-name Chinese studio (a no-name in the West, at least). Hope they tweak it some more, but I'm still hugely enjoying it regardless. One of the biggest videogame surprises I've had for quite some time.

3. ShelvsHotPencil

ShelvsHotPencil Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2016
    This is a rpg fighting game.
    Not just a fighting game.
    And put more time into the game and you will see

4. Mithion

Mithion Member

Feb 14, 2017
    My Story Mode is Frozen

Don't know what to do and I do not want to reset my progress.

5. ShelvsHotPencil

Jul 1, 2016
    Need any help?

6. Mithion

Mithion Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Sure, but what can I do?

7. ShelvsHotPencil

Jul 1, 2016
    What do you want to do?
    If you want to farm better equipment ?
    Farm story mode.

Just make a commercial city, and explore

8. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    Play the game.....lol. Seriously, just play the game it's all explained pretty well and the parts that aren't are easily figured out.

9. Mithion

Mithion Member

Feb 14, 2017
    What?

Did you guys even read my post? My story mode is frozen! When I open the game and go to story mode I can't do anything. I know how to play the game lol but story mode is frozen. I can't select any city to go to or do anything it's all frozen

10. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I think the problem is that the subtitle of your post only shows up on the web, not through the TA app. So I don't think people were aware your game was frozen.

11. ShelvsHotPencil

Jul 1, 2016
    Here is what you do click cancel, and then confirm to restart story mode.
    It's caused by the premium store

12. ShelvsHotPencil

Jul 1, 2016
    If you reset the store too much, it will cause problem.
    All you have to do is change the date to the future.
    Change it to 10 days in the future just to be sure.
    Then reboot the game

13. Mithion

Mithion Member

Feb 14, 2017
    This Game Pisses Me Off So Much

How is it that you start a march against a rage disciple and they are already yellow and in the thousands? They one shot you and it's over. It's freaking horribly unbalanced in so many ways. Games are supposed to h fun, all this game does is piss me off. 100% delete, what. Terrible game and a wannabe Dissida that fails in all ways

14. ShelvsHotPencil

Jul 1, 2016
    It's not unbalance but hardcore.
    It's like ninja gaiden
    Some of those character can get killed in one hit.

15. Mithion

Mithion Member

Feb 14, 2017
    No it's unbalanced beyond being playable in any way shape or form. HORRIBLE GAME!!! It's absolutely incredible how terribly unbalanced this game is in every single way a game can be unbalanced. How do you begin a fight with 100% no chance to even do anything at all

16. Mithion

Mithion Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Deleted

#### this garbage game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. ShelvsHotPencil

Jul 1, 2016
    If u said so

18. odi0n

odi0n Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    #158 odi0n, Feb 25, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    All I hear is "waaah waaah waaah"
    Somebody call the waaahmbulance. Lol.

Get one shotted when you move up to high levels, how it's supposed to be. Welcome to Demon Souls, Monster Hunter, Nioh, Bloodborne, Skyrim Modded Combat and even Witcher 3 hardcore status levels.

If after below,
    You still got welts in your eyes from crying, just delete the game, get a refund -- this arena is not meant for you. I think injustice is coming out with a injustice 2 tappy tappy fighter, there's also Mortal Kombat X tappy tappy. You should stick to those tappy tappady, finger, tap tap brain dead fighters - if after the following below, you still balling your eyes out.

1. Step your gear game up. Everything costs. Focus on developing that one character first. Get him/her kitted. Then the others.

2. One shot ONLY occurs with skill move, NOT the basic attack moves. Luckily skill moves have a meter, they run out, when that happens, go handle yours. Don't be afraid of the regular attack moves - fear for your life with SKILL moves.

3. Stop spamming and running in all willy nilly. Stop doing the tapady, tap tap, this ain't those games. THINK, see the pattern, react accordingly.

4. This game is about short burst strategy, or as the dev calls it "brisk combo fighting" meaning swift with it. Know when the appropriate time is to drop the strategy. On those harder level characters, be in & out with it.

(In = drop that heavy skill strategy)
    (out = back out, reassess, rebuild juice)

Wash, rinse, repeat. Dynamics is always transient, so not as wash rinse repeat as you may think. There's still some random engagement. So THINK.

5. Pounding above in your mind again: This is not a bunch of long string combos fighter.

Notice the regular attack doesnt really do damage unless you at a sliver of life. It's there more or less to REFILL your rage meter/burst.

You have to LEARN when to drop your SKILL attack, that's what damages. Look for the broken armor (or whatever it's called) the moment when the game slows down to represent they at a weak point, that's one of those perfect times to drop your SKILL attack. (Skill attack = Skill Button)

6. Get your practice with low level characters in challenge mode. Get your muscle memory on point. Luckily this game is no where near DOA5, Soul Calibur, VF5 levels of memorization with moves, cancels, spacing (well some spacing here) not as footsie heavy I think. Shit, even Naruto more intricate than this, and that's easy.

But anyways, what I'm saying this game is nowhere as intricate you should be polished in a few hours of focused practice. You sound young, so probably faster for you.

Good luck or waah waah -- its on you.

TO ANYBODY THATS PLAYING AND ENJOYING THIS NEW FIGHTING KING: Do you know how to do the other skill attacks with Wukong? (Staff Fighter)

I believe it's holding down on stick + skill button? Or flicking down on stick + skill button? One of these he rushes at you. I accidentally did it, but can't seem to replicate it. There's also another one, like he's on a surf board. Some cool moves, nice animations.

DEAR DEV:
    You've been silent, don't let the momentum for this game die. This game is a banga!

Put out tiny YouTube snippet tutorials. I shouldn't be here explaining this stuff to these new guys. Your game is pretty simple to learn. And so, put out these little 30 to 40 second snippet guides.

You need more CHARACTERS. I'll gladly purchase if it's quality and adding to the value. I understand you're a indie dev. I support if you support the game with good content. But I'm getting bored already with current roster even with the different attributes system you've added. Don't slack here.

COMBO LIST FONT is too small. All that space inbetween the sides of that combo list window. Use that real estate to your advantage. Increase the window size, to increase the points of that tiny font.

BACK OUT FROM SCREEN BUG:
    That red back out button on the upper left of the screen is mostly over layed by your on screen assets. Be it the character, words, whatever. Sometimes, those assets being over later on top of that button does not allow me to back out. It's like the system doesn't register my "I'm backing out command" I brought this up to you in the beta. You said you would have it fixed. Here we are.

MULTIPLAYER:
    You already know what's going on here. You already know what it is. Fighting game? People want to fight people. This is FGC. No need to say more.

Lastly, DEAR DEV,
    You have a solid game here. But you have to CLEAR UP a lot of ish with your mechanics. People have lives brother. They not gonna sit here and go through piles of pages to read what's going on. Especially those new to fighting games like the kid above I had to explain stuff to.

Put out simple mechanic guides on YouTube or whatever. Just releasing a game off the merit it's good -- is not good enough. You must INFORM the masses with the basics at the very least. Your website itself has no info on the mechanics (other than it's a pretty game and the brisk combo system) you have to be more descriptive. Remember, you're trying to draw in new clientele as well. You are first and foremost a business. So inform your customers, then let the community grow around it from there.

I put in my two cents.

I'm back out to enjoying this masterpiece and warlock at the mountaintop and stellar wanderer. Good luck dev, this is your investment, your money. Whether you choose to water the seed or not -- that's on you. I'm done here. Peace.

19. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    Well written piece, but more like a $2's worth #

20. ShelvsHotPencil

Jul 1, 2016
    Lo

It's analogue press back, and skill button for dash ( on the floor)
    And the same in the air for throwing staff

Man this game is a breath of fresh air on the App Store.
    Any body having problem with the completion button ( always close)