Universal Thirteen Souls: Martial Arts Fighting (by Good net technology)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Feb 9, 2017.

1. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Too true!

2. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    Hope so, I am keeping this under my radar. While not necessarily to be an online mode, even able to connection locally would be nice too :D

3. ShelvsHotPencil

ShelvsHotPencil Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2016
    No it's very difficult.
    Not online mode

4. ShelvsHotPencil

Jul 1, 2016
    Do not play endless mode you will loose weapons

5. taiga97

taiga97 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2014
    #125 taiga97, Feb 13, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    I'm still on the fence about this one. I played the world 2 in hopes of the multiplayer version they promised but it didn't release. Later on I played empire in the storm from square enix, and they may as well be the same thing. So im looking to be convinced otherwise.

Update
    It's actually a pretty good game. It lags at times and the story mode needs a lot of work. In my opinion, with a larger character roster better storyline and free battles? This could be the mobile equivalent to soulcalibur or other similar games. I really hoping this game gets updated because it could be really good.

6. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Same here about being on the fence! The price and graphics look good I just wish there was an official review

7. Mithion

Mithion Member

Feb 14, 2017
    #127 Mithion, Feb 14, 2017
    Been Playing Since It Was Released

This game IS Dissidia! Its pretty much the exact same system they just call the Bravery attack Rage. Great graphics. I have got story mode to like 56% and unlocked Redsky. My story mode kind of reset once I hit 56% and now I have moved on to the next portion.

8. Mithion

Mithion Member

Feb 14, 2017
    #128 Mithion, Feb 14, 2017
    Story mode is pointless and a waste of time. You end up fighting these opponents where you are destroying them the whole fight and all of a sudden boom they one shot you lol. Its frustrating

9. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Well I guess that seals this game fate for me. Only thing that can change my outlook is a solid TA review

10. ShelvsHotPencil

Jul 1, 2016
    Look at the number under your opponent health if it's higher than your health.
    He can one hit kill u with a super.
    This game is hardcore as helll.
    I have only 5 fights left in challenge mode.
    And the easier characters are
    The chick in the mech
    And the hound with black hair.

The monkey guy is for ADVANCE,

STORY MODE IS A GREAT DSOURCE OF READ GEMS.

DON't play to win, but to farm.
    Set up a commercial, or military- and KEEP EXPLORING, AND talking to vendors.

You can earn an average of 100 souls in 7 minutes- if you press the buttons without reading them.

STORY MODE IS VERY IMPORTANT.

PS

STAY CLEAR OF ENDLESS MODE - you will LOOSE AWAKEN GEARS SOMETIMES.- I have reported the bug, please do the same to fix this, when it happened to a sword wilding character and you had a staff in your inventory - The RESULT IS HILARIOUS!!!

11. ShelvsHotPencil

Jul 1, 2016
    The endless bug is presumed fixed---- with the new update, get insanely powerful loots

12. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Update v1.0.3

Yeah, apparently the developer released a HUGE update for this game! I'll try it out now to see if all of those changes really hold up. :)

13. Mithion

Mithion Member

Feb 14, 2017
    New Update

Looks pretty significant!

14. Doppelganger

Doppelganger Member

Jan 4, 2017
    it runs poorly on an iphone 5 honestly. I'm downloading the update right now but I don't see any mention of graphic optimization in the changelog or something about a graphic option to disable at least the shadows. I don't think I'll ask for a refund because I'll soon be switching to an iphone SE, but it would have been nice to be realistic about the devices requirements; if it runs poorly on A6 devices, they could have limited their game to 5S and later. anyway...

15. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    I remember reading from other developer that they do not have control over what device can or cannot work. which is why usually after they done their compatibility testing, they will put a note in the store to advise users if it does not run with whichever older device. This game thou they are just very brief in their device requirement section, only says iphone ipod and ipad with no details of which since there are so many of them.

16. Mithion

Mithion Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Getting Better

This game actually keeps getting better. The more I play and learn the combat system and intricacies the better it is. Story mode is actually very easy once you get the hang of it. I'm still not really sure about the characters equipment and stats though. I've made a few enhancements but a lot were unsuccessful which sucks.

17. Mithion

Mithion Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Wtf

OK some of these fights are freaking impossible! You littorally dont even get a chance to attack! You try to dodge and do whatever you can but the rage disciple just one shots you. Very very unbalanced game

18. ShelvsHotPencil

Jul 1, 2016
    You have to lower there power, it's a gamble.
    U need to attack them

19. childermass

childermass Member

Oct 8, 2016
  20. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    v1.0.3 Update follow-up

This is a follow-up to my previous post. After playing the new updated v1.0.3, I can say that the game's performance decreased. The update seemed to lower the framerate by 4~7 FPS, making battles even more frustrating. Granted they did fix many bugs and made Story mode easier, but the drop in performance is certainly the most negative aspect of the update, mind you I'm playing on iPad Air 2 running the optimal firmware (iOS 8.x). Even games making great use of the Unreal Engine run much better than this one. The developer needs to GREATLY increase performance. People who are on less powerful devices than mines, I feel for you.

All we can do now is hope that the developer can patch this shit up.