iPad Thinking about getting Zen Bound and Sway but...?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by spardadante, Mar 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spardadante

spardadante Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    I really have no clue if they are worth the money because there is no free version and they are $5 each so I don't want to go and buy them and end up not liking them. Watching videos online didn't give me a better understanding on the game and if it is worth it.

2. bamafan12

bamafan12 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    get sway i was having this problem yesterday and i got sway and its totally worth it

3. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    There are whole threads dedicated to these games. Please don't clutter the forum.

Since I am feeling nice, I will answer your question: YES both are worth $5.

4. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Both are great. Go search, "zen bound sway" there was a thread just like this.

5. DreadShade

DreadShade Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Get Sway, there is an Update that is coming and add new levels and enhance gameplay

6. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    or save $4 and get geo defence :)

7. anduril_ukr

anduril_ukr Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Student
    New Jersey
    Zen bound is obviously not for all people. But if you are someone who can enjoy something that is just as much art as game, not extremely fast paced (over course it still is fun and addicting) that I HIGHLY recommend that game.

I wasn't sure about sway, because the gameplay vidoes didn't appeal to me a lot. I decided to give in to the hype, and I am sure glad I did. It is simply the best platformer (save edge, if you call it one) in the app store. It is just packed with fun. It is quite difficult at times, but not frustratingly hard. Short, yes, but it has some replayability and there will be (hopefully) more levels in the update that is coming to it.

So, I would say get both. They are both EXCELLENT titles that are definitely worth the money.

8. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    soon we will be having 167 sway vs. zenboud threads. :)

9. menom

menom Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    photography
    London, UK.
    #9 menom, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
    but which is the best Sway Vs Zen Bound thread?

I've got 500 empty brain cells waiting to absorb one of the thread's information - but which one?

to answer the OP - both games are great - both relaxing - but Zen is more likely to appeal to a calmer mind than some avid game players exhibit

I can imagine some younger gamers not having the patience for Zen Bound - but that is prob' just me basing view of younger games on what I was like back then

Edit: funnily enough I haven't played Zen much - not because I don't like it - but I'm saving it for days when I'm really stressed at work and need some way of chilling out

10. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    But you realized that there may be a price drop, that Zen Bound is overrated, and that you may not like Sway?

Such a tough call.. I wouldn't get Zen Bound, unless you've been drinking the koolaid.. Sway would be fun because it's actually a game though!

I mean do you really think a game can honestly relax you? The concept, graphics, and presentation are fantastic, but it's such a niche app... between the two, chose Sway..

or neither one and get 3-5 other games!

11. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    ive heard mixed review of zen bound and sway

personally i think zen bound is overrated

many people think the game is great while others find the game to be boring and repetitive.

Sway i honestly think is better and its probably a good game but it was to short according to some people.

theres an update coming to it adding new levels

12. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    The minority speaks. Zen Bound is relaxing....it doesn't relax someone that is already stessed out. To give you an example, last night I didn't want to really play a game, but I opened Zen Bound and had a heck of a lot of fun trying to get past 96% on one of the toucher animal shapes. Plus I can show that game off when I tell them that the iDevices are the best thing since the computer was invented.

13. Spartan12103

Spartan12103 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    If you like the style, then get it. Warn the videos and nobody should be dissapointed because you know what you're getting into when you buy it. I bought both, and I don't regret it!

14. thepretender

thepretender Well-Known Member

I was gonna just get Sway, but then i got both and they are both worth it for sure. And they both have updates coming.

15. hirschy75

hirschy75 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2009
    ya get both, updates are coming and both are already solid games

16. lopches

lopches Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    get both, they both have updates coming

17. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada

That doesn't help, at all. He's decided on these two games, and you throw in your own pitch for an app. Boo.

18. nightbeaver

nightbeaver Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    yeah i had the same dilemma. i was afraid that zen bound might not be my kind of game and i heard sway was really short. i finally just decided to get edge and wait for maybe a light version of zen bound and an update to sway.

19. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    Fair enough, I don't think I was really accurately imagining myself playing that... more like an app to zone out to? Would that be more like it?

For a time when, like you said, you don't want to play a GAME, game, you want to do something on your iDevice, so Zen Bound is a good milieu to spend your time in? I think i'm catching on, but i'm still not having any of your Koolaid :p