Things Game Center Needs

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by triggywiggy, Sep 10, 2010.

1. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Hahaha, I laughed at the punctuated part! Good times man.

2. Moonjump

Moonjump Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Game designer
    Lincoln, UK
    I had it go off even though I chose not to have audio alerts. I turned it off again in Settings -> Notifications, but haven't had another request yet, so I don't know if it stays off.

It would be nice to be able to export save states. Game Center might be a bit of a restriction for quite a while as it doesn't support all games. MobileMe or some other system could be used instead.

3. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    game center is pretty disappointing if you ask me..it just doesnt really do anything. no way to even communicate with Friends

4. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I do kind of agree mate, I want at the least to be able to banter with my friends.

5. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Reminds me of the first version of Xbox Live. Ahh.... the good ol' days when there was no such thing as "cross-game invites" and "messages". :cool:

But back on-topic, I have to agree. I'm getting a very "Ping" vibe from it, as in: "Apple, really... what's the point?"

This is just the first version of it, though. Maybe it will blossom into something really amazing and awesome in a few months. Who knows? :D

6. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    Am I the only one that thinks most members here should stop complaining and appreciate that Apple have taken time to develop an online social gaming experience when a) it probably won't have any influence on sales, just cater to current iPod members who b) were generally perfectly satisfied with short pick up and play games before on c) a multimedia device.

7. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

I suppose that'd be like the home page for ping in the iTunes app, except for your friends rather than people you follow. Seems like a good idea and way of doing it. Here the page i'm on about:
    [​IMG]

Openfient was far worse when it launched. It was so buggy it barely worked, its interface must have been designed by a blind man and the most retarded thing, it required no unique username or gamer tag, meaning that thousands of highscores were listed as gamer1,2,3 etc.

Anyway, additional things i'd like to see:
    1) the stupid friend request sound (push) to be customisable or at least less annoying.
    2) the message it displays on the push notification should be in my language not French, German or whatever else. I had one in Chinese today!
    3) I seem to get loads of random people sending me friend requests and i'd like simpler ways of dealing with them i.e bulk accept/decline like mail app.
    4) I would like for gc to check my contacts app for friends and add them if they have a gc account.
    5) On the "Me" page, the banners for friends and games should link to that area of the app.
    6) Ability to add an avatar to my profile.
    7) Support for landscape orientation.

8. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    If any one suggests any worthless crap from OpenFeint or Plus+ don't. Because it's not going to happen. Ever.

9. Rylin

Rylin Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    The ability to see the friends of your friends and to add them

10. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    OF still is horrible. It's like the gum on my shoe, I want it off.

11. hdgreen

hdgreen Well-Known Member

where you've mentioned a place to list your five favourite achievements, wouldnt it be better to have somewhere to list completed games like xbox live does.

12. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    So you love it then? :eek:

13. QBC

QBC Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    I'd love to be able to organize my friends list somehow and able a text chat somehow. Just to add to the social aspect.

14. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Look, I'm saying if GameCenter ends up as bulky and shitty as OF does, I'm forgetting it and getting an iPod Classic.

15. Jayross

Jayross Member

Sep 3, 2010
    I dunno, that is quite a list of requests for Apple. I am still surprised they even put an effort into Game Center.

16. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Yeh i cant see all of these things getting done but a few would be nice.

17. olliewollie

olliewollie Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    I agree. After reading apples app guidelines they recommend developers not to "Clutter your users screens with too much things" and this seems like we are wanting that. I put your ideas together on paper and they don't seem to fit in too nicely, Some will have to go. Let's make a decision as some on the list are just useless.

18. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World
    Only one:

S a v e g a m e s t o r a g e !!!!!!!

19. olliewollie

olliewollie Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    Can someone please explain what this is, I don't quite get it?:confused:

20. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    It does that anyway it is up to the developers whether they want that or not.