Universal Thimbleweed Park (By Terrible Toybox)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #21 Gambler, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    Lol, the ending really is something else - Let's break that fourth wall! ;)

I already played through the harder mode once on PC but a few threads were left open (For example Reyes' story wasn't completely finished). Thought it to be amazing that unlike in older adventures you didn't have to complete anything in a linear order to get to the end.

Usually I'm a completionist but I was so sucked into the game that after playing about 12 hours without interruptions on a Sunday I was tired and just wanted to experience the ending instead of completing all characters stories. This time around I'll play as long as it takes to complete everything from A-Z. Still wondering what I've overlooked back then. Also, luckily the first playthrough already was half a year ago so that I've forgotten enough puzzles again.

This coupled with the great experience having this gem on my portable iPad makes for a whole new experience - When I fired the game up yesterday, I was so happy to see *beeping* Ransome or Sheriff-Coroner-Clerk a-reno-a-boo-a-who again :D

It has been too long :) Can't wait for everybody's complete story, gonna be a fun challenge

2. Vendince

Vendince Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 17, 2013
    Oh, of course, I likely got the Monkey Island gamesfrom my iCloud backup. Pity.

Anyway, glad this thread is here about ThimbleweedPark. Bought it, and have to find out how well it works on my iPhone.

3. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia
    #23 Bumpygames, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    Great game
    intersting story
    Cool dialogs between characters
    nice. nice
    Recemoned everyone to try it..
    it worth buying it

4. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    I just love this game!

And recently discovered that with later updates they even added a bunch of new stuff:

- An in-game hint hotline for the more impatient or if you're genuinely stuck

- Extra dialogue, including dialogue between the main characters

- The arcade is now open and supposedly you can even play some of the classics there. But it wouldn't be Gilbert if that came all to easy - You gotta solve a bunch of new puzzles to get tokens for those. Great idea for extra content.

Afaik the newly added Arcade is only available on hard difficulty.

Kudos to the devs. As if I'd have needed more reasons to replay this amazing game :)

5. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #25 Gambler, Sep 23, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    Ok lol, just completed my second playthrough (after my first on PC in April) - Turns out I haven't overlooked a lot of puzzles at the end or something, just that I had ended the game with Delores first back then (after following the in-game kickstarter instruction - Don't worry this was no spoiler). There aren't any real puzzles left at this point but if you come to the finale best to save Delores for last to complete everything in order (not necessary but saves reloading to experience every ending).

As I said, was after a 12 hour Sunday marathon and strangely have never revisited the game til buying it for iOS again.

Figuring out how to get those Arcade tokens is gonna be a whole new challenge though :)

6. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Now this game is on sale for the first time since its release.

If the price is high and you hesitate to buy, this may be an opportunity.:)

7. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Anything under $30 for this game is a steal.
    One of the best point and click games for any console

8. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Pleased that
    I lost track of this one for a spell. Bought! #

9. David1953

David1953 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    Thanks for the heads up about a sale, and bought instantly at this price.

Oddly, I had this on my watch list at Appshopper, and they have no notification that there is a sale.

10. Someon

Someon Active Member

Oct 4, 2017
    Hi there. Is trailer a good example of what game is? If it was a record, would it be a good single or not the best sample of what it has to offer?
    cheers

11. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    #31 nyanpass, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    In fact, this game is too legendary for enthusiasts and may not need explanation. The official trailer will tell you a bit about the game, but if you need more information, it might be helpful to look at the steam PC version.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/569860/Thimbleweed_Park

12. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    #32 nyanpass, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    So, maybe this sale event may be a celebration of the first anniversary of the release. ;)

It may be a work that will be remembered to users in the last 30 years and in the next 30 years.

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Just search on YouTube. Tons of gameplay videos

14. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Haven’t really been in the mood to sit down to an old school adventure game lately, but since this has been on my list AND it’s on sale, I picked it up too! I’m looking forward to getting around to playing it... especially since the real X-Files adventure game is just a F2P disappointment.