They Make Games

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by rhansson, Dec 12, 2011.

1. rhansson

rhansson Well-Known Member

Check out www.TheyMakeGames.com

I just launched a Beta of this new community this morning. They Make Games mission is to help indie developers with promotion for successful self publishing, and much more. Sign up for a free account!

Let me know what you think!

/Rasmus

2. blitter

blitter Well-Known Member

Looks interesting, I signed up but didn't have any (250x250 pix) artwork for the form prepared. Since then I either can't login or the account wasn't created?

3. givenstage

givenstage Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Game Artist
    Singapore
    This looks interesting... The form asked for pricing range, is this suppose to be a participation in an outsource list of indie developers? (just curious...)

4. mr_wexer

mr_wexer Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2011
    Signed up :) Looks interesting.

What ever happened to that 'Who needs Chill and go' site? I know they re-branded but not sure to what name..

5. rhansson

blitter, Thank you for your interest. You are the first person to register so I apologize for the inconvenience.

You may add artwork at a later point but did you ever click SAVE LISTING at the bottom of the page? I assume no since I could not find your account in the system.

I added a save box right after you slide the CAPTCHA lock and write a description saying that you can enter game information at any point.

Thanks for providing the bug report!
    /Rasmus

6. rhansson

Thank you. It's very exciting and I hope it will be very useful to many of you!

/Rasmus

7. rhansson

Regarding pricing range. It is for developers who does work for hire. My goal is to connect you with publisher opportunities.

/Rasmus

8. o-b-o

o-b-o Member

Jul 22, 2011
    development & management
    Europe
    Great idea and I'd like to sign up but... I cannot slide the bar :(
    (Mac OS X 10.6.6 & Safari 5.0.3)

9. givenstage

Dec 9, 2011
    Game Artist
    Singapore
    Signed up! hope it went through though... I wonder if you guys do indie app bundle kinda events?

10. rhansson

givenstage. thanks a lot for signing up. give me your username and I'll check. It should be ok if you got the success message.

TheyMakeGames is a community and tool for indie developers, by indie developers. We make the rules and decide what's best for us.

I did not make this site for me, I made it for us.

/Rasmus

11. givenstage

Dec 9, 2011
    Game Artist
    Singapore
    Thx rhansson, someone at the chat session of the site just did a check and confirmed our registration :) I like the concept, so keep up the good work!

12. rhansson

I think they have a great vision and maybe there will be opportunities for collaboration.http://selfpubd.com. This is their new Website. They are focusing on Apps and to be honest, I don't really see how they are any different from Chill n Go.

I think intentions are good from both companies but their focus is unfortunately not in the right place.

/Rasmus

13. o-b-o

o-b-o Member

Jul 22, 2011
    development & management
    Europe
    I was trying to do this using iPad (and Safari) but without any luck.

But finally I was able to sign up using Chrome (in Windows environment) ;)

I don't know what was the issue... with Safari?

Best!

14. blitter

Hi, sorry for late reply I was celebrating a double birthday yesterday! I did come back, but read the word 'publisher' and went back to what I was doing. I've been talking with a publisher, and although they have a very good eye and my game now plays better (minor update) - they're never satisfied! When I approached them I wanted a fast investment for Xmas and advertising...guess I will have a think about it now as Xmas is just about here already.

Here's what happened when I filled out the form (1st...cool!)

On page 2, you mention the optimal size for artwork is 250x250 pixels. I minimized Safari to resize some assets, but when I returned to Safari your page was nowhere to be found. I figured as I got to page 2 then some info of the form would have been saved. Being beta I then posted rather than retry, so you could investigate if anything did go wrong or not.

I just presumed there was an 'auto-save' from the moment I was ready for the next page.

Your Captcha slider: I remember there being tiny buttons on the slider-tip...it must be very tricky to grab these without a pointer? Maybe you can catch a swipe in your site's code, rather than have the user initiate the perfect touch!

15. Luke Kellett

Luke Kellett Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Indie iPhone Game Developer
    Melbourne, Australia
    I've signed up, I'm quite interested to see where your site goes. From what I can tell the concept is good, looking forward to using it :)

16. smashdev2011

smashdev2011 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Near San Fran
    Seems interesting, good luck!

17. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Just sign in.
    But the compression ratio on the 250*250 game picture are really hard...
    You should increase the quality.

18. blitter

Arg! Tried again but the Captcha doesn't slide on iPad.

Have you had many applications?