iPad Theseus

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NotYou, Oct 20, 2008.

1. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=292035008&mt=8

First off, I love these kinds of puzzles. I recommend trying it you like puzzles, or are just up for a challenge.

For those of you that bought it: How the (explicit) do you beat level 10?:confused: There are more than 80 levels and they, for some reason, decided to put a really tough one in the beginning. The puzzles after it are no where near as challenging.

2. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL

Minotaur! I love this game. This will most likely be my next purchase

3. you can skip 10 if you wish...but it took me a good 20 mins to figure it out

don't read if you don't want this hint

but to far left side by exit in trap ....get him there.....then once you do that you should be able to figure it out..don't want to give away any other hints.

4. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I actually did that. I'm still stuck for some reason. Some of these puzzles will have real simple answers, but somehow seem impossible.

5. Here is quote from programmer email I got from him. "Also, from what Robert Abbott told me, they sprinkled "hard" levels into the difficulty progression to act as mini-boss levels. There's no shame in skipping a level if it's too hard - I find that when I get stuck on some levels, if I move on, then come back later I can look at it from another perspective."

Ok here are four key locations you need to get him...don't peek at all hints. Try to do it till you get stuck otherwise your whack yourself with a brick thinking why didn't I think of that.
    hint 1
    hint 2
    hint 3
    hint 4

6. mek

mek Well-Known Member

this reminds me of PopCaps MummyMaze

I wonder if they developer will upgrade the graphics
    to an actual Minotaur

7. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    It was so obvious!:mad:

@Mek
    I've played that Mummy game before. That's atually how I discovered this type of game. I think Theseus and the Minotaur was first though. This is supposed to be the same levels, just different graphics, etc.

8. source

Mummy Maze would be great to have on the iPhone too. Actually they're different levels...they copied the idea not the actual mazes. Added scorpions too...moves just 1 space, etc.

9. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    #9 Shumby, Feb 4, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
    whoa this thread is from 08

THESEUS IS ON SALE FOR $.99 USD!!! :eek:

Top notch puzzler! Cant recommend this enough. Major steal for only a dollar. One of my oldest games and I refuse to delete it from my touch (mainly since I haven't yet gotten through all the content).

10. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Really nice game, but I've been stuck on Level 15 for about a year!!!

11. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    If I remember correctly this game was found to be/get extremely hard later into the game. I know this game would have beaten me down so did the "smart" thing and passed. But think if anyone is up to a real challenge....this is it!

12. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Well luckily you don't have to stay on lvl 15. All the puzzles are immediately available.

13. farley

farley Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    I find the graphics of this game to be very poor. It was kinda OK in 08, when there was a lot of amateur stuff in the App Store, but now it just looks cheap.
    But worse than that are problematic swipe controls. I find it often moves my guy upwards when I swipe downwards, etc. And he sometimes scoots along 2 squares at a time instead of 1. Not good. The controls were never fixed, and as such I wouldn't recommend the game. :(

14. saivior

saivior Active Member

Feb 23, 2009
    I've had this game on my watch list for about a year waiting for a sale. I couldn't pull the trigger at $3.99, but now that it is $0.99... insta-buy.

Thank you for the sale!

15. Hale

Hale Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Best Puzzler!!

I have a lot of puzzlers and this is my fav. I had the lite version for months and was not at all displeased with it when I bought it for $3. Truly difficult in the later levels. This is not an easy puzzler, this is for serious and brilliant minds. To be honest Ive been stuck on one map for a month or two but I refuse to take hints. And Im not even close to the end of the levels.
    Joshua

16. ah wow

forgot about this game

*reinstalls*

17. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    I think this is a pretty shallow view of the game. There are several control options for one. Just don't use the swipe controls. And don't forget there's an undo button (which I abuse). So it doesn't really matter if you overshoot once.

There was a time when graphics weren't the most important part of a game. I remember it fondly... it was always... as in it's still not that important. This game is fun and challenging with a ton of content. There's something perfectly natural about running away from a monster that's faster than you that makes your brain work in interesting ways. No timer, make all the mistakes you want. Just get out of the dungeons alive. (What the hell is Theseus doing in there anyway?)

Sudoku, Crosswords... bad graphics but solid games. This one trumps them all.

18. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    This game is really, really evil!

I love it.

Pure puzzle gaming here.

19. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    lol same