iPad Theseus Lite has been released - Forum-wide promo code deal inside.

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by jasonf, Jan 20, 2009.

1. jasonf

jasonf Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    #1 jasonf, Jan 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
    UPDATE 1/22/09: PROMO CODES ARE STILL AVAILABLE FOR EMAILERS (read below)

Theseus Lite has been released! Theseus Lite has all functionality of the full version, but contains only 17 of the 90+ levels available in the full version.

Theseus Lite App Store Link

[​IMG]

Hello everyone - I'm the developer of Theseus and Theseus Lite.

Many of you Touch Arcadians know that this forum is my Theseus promo-code headquarters, and I've received a lot of great feedback from you all and tried to make many of the changes you've suggested. Thread 1 Thread 2 yourofl10's Demo Video

From what I can tell, the general tone of the feedback suggests that most people really enjoy it - and the problem is just getting the word out (since so few people have heard of it). So now that Theseus Lite is available on the App Store (for free), I'd like to call upon you all who have and have not played Theseus to spread the word. Tell your friends and family; write emails to review sites; call your congress(wo)man; demand Theseus banners in front of the inaugural address. Anything you can to spread the word and get people to try out Theseus Lite (free).

If we can get Theseus Lite into the top-25 free apps list, I will supply this forum with 100 promo codes to the full version of the Theseus. And I will separately email a promo code to the full version of Theseus to the first 50 people that BCC me on any email they send to friend/family/reviewer/etc suggesting that they try Theseus Lite (my email is jmfieldman [at] yahoo) Update: I'm getting some great BCC emails - don't forget to tell your friends to tell all of their friends (and so on) :D Update #2: I should put an expiration date on this contest. Let's say that the forum-wide 100 promo code contest expires on Saturday (1/24/09) at noon (pacific time). So let's get into the top-25 by then :)

So please get the word out and make me proud :cool:

(btw I've also lowered the price of the full version to $2.99)

P.S. if you try out Theseus Lite, please leave an objective review inside the iTunes App store!

2. already received promo code for theseus (thank you ^_^ ) but i'll download the lite version to boost its rank in the top apps list <3

3. spamboy

spamboy Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Yep, same here. I got a promo code from you (thanks a bunch!) and thought the game was DAMN AWESOME! I showed every single person at work. It's amazing! Keep churning out high quality games, or make more levels. Can't wait to see more from you, Jason!

4. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    I already got a code too, but then saw this and i thought maybe it would be a good idea to give away codes to the first couple of people who complete all levels of the free version (if you can somehow prove it)

5. costanza

costanza Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Should we do the email BCC thing now, or after the app gets into the top 25?

6. jasonf

jasonf Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Awesome! Thanks for your support at work - you can let them know the free version is out now :D

7. jasonf

jasonf Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Now - I've already sent out 2 :)

8. jasonf

jasonf Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Unfortunately this is hard to prove.. since the Lite version is fully functional (aside from limited levels). This means that the hint button can be enabled so people can easily fake the accomplishment of beating all of the Lite levels in a short amount of time.

9. woojaekeem

woojaekeem Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Student.
    Washington D.C. The 703!
    Just downloaded the lite...this game is awesome..

what's BCC mean btw?

10. jasonf

jasonf Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    It's like CC, except that it hides my email address from your other recipients. You can CC me if your client does not support BCC. Here is a tutorial:

http://www.gordano.com/kb.htm?q=239

11. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Just wondering, but did you try my idea of sending promo codes out to app reviewers in return for a review? ;)

Good luck! This game deserves more attention! :)

12. jasonf

jasonf Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Yep, I've sent promo codes to about 20 reviewers. Only one of them responded and said he would review it (but I haven't seen it on his blog yet). I think they're all just swamped with requests from devs.

I think that reviewers just don't care if a dev asks to be reviewed. They need to hear lots of requests from the readers/viewers.. that's why I'm asking you guys to ask the reviewers.. they'll only care if they get a lot of requests :eek:

13. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Hmm... I see. Well, I know iTouchiPodz (popular app/case reviewer) pretty well and I write reviews on his website. I'll try talking to him to see if he could possibly do a video review on Theseus (I gave him the promo code you gave me). He's got about 2,500 people that watch his videos, so I think that'd help. :p If he's too busy/can't, I'll do my best to write up a review for this week or early next week. I try to get reviews up on Wednesdays and Fridays, so we'll see how that goes. :)

14. jasonf

jasonf Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    btw I've only sent 8 of the 50 promo codes for BCCers, so you're not too late :)

15. Galaxius

Galaxius Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    BCC means blind carbon copy which means a person receives the same copy of the email (carbon copy) as those in the to section but the people who receive the email do not see that you were also being sent the email (it hides in case its confidential or whatnot). Sounds like a good viral marketing plan though I must say :)

16. Hello

Hello Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    California;
    oh, i hope i did that BCC thingy right.

17. jasonf

jasonf Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I've sent out codes to everyone who's BCCed me, so if you haven't gotten a response yet you're not doing it right :eek:

18. wisegrape

wisegrape Active Member

Dec 11, 2008
    BCC sent. Downloading the lite version now. Cleaning out a very slow iphone backup/sync issue. Taking forever...

19. jasonf

jasonf Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I'm going to bed now folks, but I've only sent 12 of 50 promo codes for BCCers. There are 38 codes waiting the next 38 people to BCC me :) Tomorrow morning I'll send the codes in first-come-first-served order of who BCCs me overnight.

20. woojaekeem

woojaekeem Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Student.
    Washington D.C. The 703!
    #20 woojaekeem, Jan 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
    nvmnvm

*edit*