Universal The_Hunted (by F5 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Brandon Pollet, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Takeo_Masaki

Takeo_Masaki Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Student
    England
    It would be pretty good if there was a sp option also

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    This is what I'm missing. I've played the first day and lost interest because there was nobody online...

3. Takeo_Masaki

Nov 21, 2014
    Student
    England
    Looks really good tho doesn't it with the vision thing and the fact that its top down I thought its gonna be rubbish but its not

4. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I've had four or five matches (mostly just randomly checking in or starting one and sitting there for a bit), and yeah, it's fun and pretty intense at times. There are, besides just glare from the light, a few other clues as to where your opponents are. The most important is audio. In that when someone is approaching you'll hear metal sounding footprints get louder and louder. If you are getting shot at or are near someone else who is shooting but that you don't see, you will see traces of muzzle flash in their general area. Also the teleporters, located throughout each map play a pretty big role in strategy.

All in all, there are some kinks for the dev to iron out, but when this is running optimally, I think a lot of people will find themselves jumping in, here and there for games quite frequently :)

5. Takeo_Masaki

Nov 21, 2014
    Student
    England
    You know, I've got the hunted on an iPod 4G and it doesn't even work such a shame.... But I'm gettin an iPad for Christmas so then ill be able to play with u on it rich_952000 that's the game I'm lookin forward 2 most on my ipad#

6. UnhappyUnlucky

UnhappyUnlucky Well-Known Member

I hope to see single player and bots in the future. My only request

7. gamer300

gamer300 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Europe
    I had some issues with lag but the few times i didn't it was actually alot of fun. If there were more players i'd probably play a few games ever once in a while. Now i just check every now and i almost never find anyone. Oh well.

8. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Ha! Yeah, I'm on a 5S and bet it'll be even better on the bigger screen.

9. Takeo_Masaki

Nov 21, 2014
    Student
    England
    Yes will be a lot better

10. Brandon Pollet

Brandon Pollet Well-Known Member

I'm actually working on bots this weekend. I don't know that they will make it in the first update but I definitely plan to add them. I'll probably put in a 'practice mode first that is just like the current game but with bots then I'll add some kind of a single player ladder or tournament style progression.

I have a question for all of you about the game. What are some things we could add that would make you want to keep coming back to the game week after week? I have some ideas of things to try but I'd love to hear any of your suggestions first so my ideas don't cloud your concepts.

11. Takeo_Masaki

Nov 21, 2014
    Student
    England
    #51 Takeo_Masaki, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
    I would love to help with this but I can only go by what others say as it crashes I will put forward ideas when I get my iPad and trust me, I have good ideas! #

But from what I've seen (gameplay, Pics e.t.c) the game looks brilliant and like others are saying the only change to make right now is to add the sp part to it

12. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Fantastic news about the updates!!!!
    :)

13. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Controller support would be a welcome addition.

14. pinOi32

pinOi32 Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2014
    I was actually going to suggest that (bots), but then I saw this post quoted. Lol.

15. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    You are asking us this now? Not to be a brat, but shouldn't you have asked this before people tried the game? -.-

16. Brandon Pollet

Well since the game is free and I haven't activated any of the IAP yet, technically I HAVE asked you this before anyone bought the game. So yeah, you're right.

17. Lift the Camel

Lift the Camel Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2013
    Ha ha! Nice! I imagine it's not easy to pull off a beta test on iOS. I'm more than happy to provide feedback on a game with so much potential, especially since everything is currently free # I can't wait for the next update. Keep up the good work!

18. Brandon Pollet

Hunted Version 1.0.2

Hey everyone. I wanted to let you know that The Hunted v1.0.2 has been submitted to Apple for review, and will hopefully be available sometime next week. Here is a list of things that made it in the update.

- Access the Game Center leaderboards from the Main Menu to track your wins and kills
    - IAP to disable the ads ($0.99)
    - Shortened the time spent at the Victory screen.
    - Gameplay balance updates to Skulls game mode and the Ranger
    - Updated the joystick images to make the controls more clear
    - Made the ability and secondary weapon buttons easier to touch
    - Improvements to online network performance
    - Various other bug fixes and tweaks

We're also still working on dedicated servers and bots. I've got a build right now that allows the person controlling the server to add and remove bots from the player list in the lobby and then have them show up in the game. All that's missing now is to make them actually do something once they are in the game ;)

19. Takeo_Masaki

Nov 21, 2014
    Student
    England
    Sounds great will look forward to playing it #

20. Miaaaou

Miaaaou Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2014
    #60 Miaaaou, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
    Hi guys :)
    You said many things beforehand so I just add some other stuff.

Crashes:
    - I had some crashes when, when I was getting into a server, I just entered and (for eg) it was showing Deathmatch with a black screen behind, I couldn't see my hunter, and therefore it crashed/disconnected. Thank god it only happened a few times :)

Improvements Suggestions:
    - About what Brandon said about the bots (woohoo) that are in an actual online server (ah...) I think it could actually "kill" the GC leaderboard if the bots'kills we do count towards GC. But that's only my opinion about the thing.
    - If this game gets more popularity, and more servers running, what about trying to make it, maybe.. Competitive? With tournaments/teams/alliances. Don't worry, I don't 'ask' this for the next update ^^ just thought of this if the game gets really popular!
    - You could add a Tournament Mode. Explanation: Let's say you guys leave on some servers almost all the time. If so, we (hunters) could go on those dedicated tournament servers, where we are ... 16 people, fighting. We aren't all at once in the same arena, but number 1 fights number 2, number 3 fights number 4, and so on. And when this first round is done, the winners fight. It's just a basic tournament's ladder. Anyway and the winner can win something (or nothing). Like more experience, if we have the possibility to level up, the 2nd wins a bit less and so on. That could be a good feature :)
    - A new mode? CTF (if it doesn't exist so far)?
    - If we have a CTF, we may need bigger maps, allowing more players to join, and having a lot more fun! But we may need some bigger maps in general if more players are coming. :)
    - Make the Lurker less OP... Just saying but when I play vs one, or two or more.. Geez that's damn hard to win.
    - Could we level up our Hunters? (Hope thi won't become a P2W if it's the case) Like let's say I use Stealth (for this who played vs me, it's my favourite :3), if I hit the level 2 with him, I would unlock one more mine? Or something like this? Or increase my weapon fire damage..? (Pleeeeease don't increase the weapon fire rate of the Lurker, omg this would be terrible)
    - The Ogre melee kills are so quick, in less than a second! Maybe it's me, but I can't stand vs a cuter Ogre who's running towards me :p

Questions:
    - About the price, I know someone asked before my message, but would we need to unlock the hunters? If so, do we need to pay or can we just follow a path where we can unlock them, like "kill x Hunters to unlock the Kid"? Or something like this? Or just leave them free ;)
    - Will we have more hunters by the time (not saying we have a lack of them (we already have 9) just wondered :))?

Sorry for that long message, just expressed myself and thanks if you read it till the end. Just one last thing:
    F5, (Brandon, Cody, Readmore, etc...) thanks for giving us the opportunity to play this game, so please don't leave it and continue to improve it, it's a great one, so update it and keep going! Cya in the Arena ;)
    Btw sorry if bad English... I'm French :p