The Zii egg! Creative is back!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by organerito, Jul 28, 2009.

1. organerito

organerito Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Zii egg

I stopped buying Creative products when my ZVM got old. I didn't care very much any of the other Creative player.

The Zii looks like an amazing option to an ipod touch. I runs Android, It has a HD Camera and a vga in front. Bluetooth GPS, SDHC slot...etc.

2. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Is this the new iPod Touch's competitor?
    Also, could I just buy the Zii Egg by its self? It looks really cool even though it might not have any apps...More info? I really didnt understand the page with all the info..

3. organerito

organerito Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    #3 organerito, Jul 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
    A good site to know more about it is EpiZenter.

There is a very short video about it. We still don't know much about it because it was announced today. You can already buy the developer version.

4. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    The specs are pretty nice, I'm somewhat a fan of Creative products. I'd only buy it though if it eventually offers something that can compare to the app store.

If not I'll just stick with my 2g iPod and eventually a 3g.

5. yourofl10

Dec 11, 2008
    I use to have a Creative MP3 Player before my iPod Touch and it worked really well and it was good.
    Yea, this device needs something to compete with the App Store or else this isnt a "iPod Touch Killer"...
    If it had sometthing as good or better than the app store it would be a "iPod Touch Killer" but other wise it wont be...

When this releases I might buy it even though it doesnt have many apps/games the specs make up for it. And the 1080p HD output is better than the Zune HD (soon to be released)...

The specs deffintly kill the iPod Touch. In my opinion Apple better ramp up the new iPod Touch big time to compete with the specs of this device.

6. treehuggerflem

treehuggerflem Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I love creative products. They are all high quality and have awesome audio output. I really am loving what I'm seeing with this new product. I want it

7. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    LOL. iPod Touch competitor?

8. yourofl10

Dec 11, 2008
    yea if thhis Zii Egg has a really well App Store. The Specs are really nice.

9. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Wow, design looks almost exactly like an iPod Touch. Specs are quite nice though, but not better than the iPod Touch 3G :D

10. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    Are the specs for that out already?

11. yourofl10

Dec 11, 2008
    No but he his predicting that I;m assumming..

12. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    I have a hard time believing the next ipod's specs will better than this IMO. It's going to be similar to the 3gs and this has better overall specs that that.

It comes down to the App Store for me, if Apple didn't have the App Store I probably wouldn't have an iPod Touch.

13. yourofl10

Dec 11, 2008
    Yea this Zii Egg has better specs than the 3GS I presume?
    The iPod Touch 3rd Generation will be similiar to the 3GS in Speed,and possibly a camera. I think thats all that will be changed.

Same for me here App Store is the deal braker, now since the Zii Egg is more powerful that means better games in terms of graphics etc...

If the Zii Egg has a better or as good App Store as the iPhone's and iPod Touch's this will be a iPod Touch Killer.

14. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    #14 AaronAMV, Jul 28, 2009
    This looks dare I say better than the iTouch, but as others have said, I see nothing that resembles the AppStore :(

Edit: This destroys the iTouch and most likely destroys the 3rd generation, it can play ****ing 1080p for god's sake

15. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Holy s***! GPS and 3-axis accelerometer, along with 10-point multitouch, and I'm barely scratching the surface :eek: SDHC, the entire thing is energy efficient, 1080p, HD CAMERA?! Mic, Plaszma (proprietary OS, I'm guessing?), Android.... X-Fi (freakin' awesome!) ... OpenGL ES 3D graphics, and click-in upgrades... *drools* if it weren't for the AppStore, I'd drop my iPod, and run back to my former love :D

16. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Yeah. %^% Apple! WHY DONT YOU DO THIS!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

17. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    pretty much

18. Marioman619

Marioman619 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2009
    All those features? This thing isn't gonna be cheap...

19. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    As opposed to what?

20. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    #20 Booch138, Jul 28, 2009
    Theres nothing that resembles an Appstore because the device isn't even out yet lol. It apprears that they are goin to have developer kits just like Apple does. And hell, if the Zii EGG has an easier application review time (and provide more than elementary explanations of app rejections), I can bet a shitload more dev's will go to it simply because of that less of a hastle lol.

Out of simple speculation, this thing looks awesome. It does look a bit better than the iDevices, and has an SD card slot (Which is awesome since I go between a lot of devices that use them as well). 1080p HD video output is amazing. Camera is nice too.

I can't say that I can foresee this device beating the iDevices though. The iDevices are huge, but if this product can offer all the things that the iDevices cant (Such as a smooth going appstore review) then it may very well ruin Apple product sales (not entirely, but drastically).

All speculation though. It'll be cool to see how it goes.