Universal The XCOM 2 Collection (by Feral Interactive)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Makara Nou, Oct 13, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dema9o9uehutq

Dema9o9uehutq Member

Mar 28, 2019
    Male
    If this is the full game that's on consoles and PC then yes this game is replayable indefinitely. There are many modes you can play and difficulty settings. Also each mission is generated uniquely so that even if you play the entire game over it will follow the same story but the missions will play out differently with different characters and enemies.

AltsKev likes this.
  2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Please dont judge me ;) Never played an X-Com game. Loved some tactical games back in the 80's like Rebelstar Raiders.

Is the game quite 'simple', i dont want a game with 100's of icons etc and too in depth. Looking at some screenshots it doesnt seem to bad, presume its like move/attack/ready for attack kinda thing ?

Very tempted to get the full pack but dont want anything with a steep learning curve

3. Dema9o9uehutq

Dema9o9uehutq Member

Mar 28, 2019
    Male
    The game is a very well designed AAA PC and console game. It eases you into the complexity slowly like any good game should. As you build up your team and expand your base and research items there will be more layers of complexity added with managing your team and their loadouts. However, because the game has difficulty settings you can lower how much you need to pay attention to this stuff. On higher difficulties you might need to really make sure you have certain character types or items. But on lower difficulty settings you can get away with just about any loadout or team.

But don't worry about there being menu upon menu of options in a battle. Until later game your options are basically move, attack, cover fire, guard, grenade, heal. Typical turn based strategy. And to me the turn-based aspect is the best part. There are no timers. You have all the time you need to plan out your moves. Pro-tip from a player of all games in the series. Take it slow. Don't feel you need to use all your move points every turn and don't feel like you always have to attack. Setting up good cover and a tactical position is almost always preferred to running and gunning. This game is a dream for fans of turn-based tactical games.

ste86uk, JasonLL and psj3809 like this.
  4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Thanks the game sounds like the type I want to get into. Rebelstar Raiders was an old skool looking game but had great depth to it, it was like the 'granddaddy' of X-Com as you could also do cover fire etc and seems to have a similar style of strategy.

I'll pick this up for sure, hefty price tag but i know over the years its a quality game as i've heard that from loads of people. Should be fun playing it for the first time.

Luci0, OddAlun and ste86uk like this.
  5. OddAlun

OddAlun Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Well considering 4 DLC's are included, not too "hefty" a price tag. Fortunately I don't have to worry since my iPad Pro is not supported. :(

This one's a whopper: "...You will need 8.5GB of free space to install the game and all its content, and we recommend having at least 17GB of free space to avoid installation issues."

6. hutq

hutq Member

Sep 11, 2019
    Male
    That’s incredible that an iPad mini is now more powerful than your original iPad Pro.

7. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    That’s me in the corner....that’s me in the spotlight.......frantically deleting photos and apps.

Luci0 and JasonLL like this.
  8. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    It’s only going to get worse (in a good way) as larger games get ported over to mobile. I will have the space for Xcom 2 but I’m running close to my 256gb capacity. Without question, when I eventually upgrade my device, I’m saving a couple of hundred extra for the larger storage options.

Luci0 likes this.
  9. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Yeh I know. Although I’m gonna try and skip this iPhone 12 round and hold out on my Xs Max (also 256GB and getting close) for as long as possible, whenever I talk to a non-gamer friend or my wife about maybe needing the 512GB next upgrade, they’re always like: “Why on earth does anyone need that much storage.....etc etc”.
    Well........here we are. If that 17GB is required (Yes an amount is for buffer from issues), then that’s 6.6% of a 256GB storage just for one game, and pretty sure iOS itself takes up a large amount itself.
    Gamer issues.

10. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    This is the week everyone. Get psyched!

11. JasonLL

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    Very psyched about this week! From what I’ve heard from others is that Xcom2 totally eclipses the first firaxis Xcom is both scale and depth which is awesome and a bit intimidating although I’m looking forward to it since my only experience with Xcom2 are the ChristopherOdd playthroughs on YouTube.

12. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Yeh I’m been watching some reviews in the mean time and just from what I gather of those it definitely seems to have way more depth. And it’s not like the original didn’t have depth. But it seems that you can customise things now rather than just sort of making most of them, you can upgrade. That’s one thing I gather. There’s also way more enemy’s and a greater war going on.
    Vague because I haven’t actually played but this is my ticket!
    Just please don’t melt my Xs Max!

Luci0 likes this.
  13. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    I might give this a go on my 512gb iPad Pro 2nd generation 2017 still not sure

14. gansta

gansta Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Looking for feedback. I have XCOM:EW installed and I haven’t played it in like a year. For replay value, I’m fine playing EW but should I get XCOM2, is there many changes to it that would be worth purchasing?

15. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Has anyone seen anything on the save system for iOS? I guess that’ll be important being able to just quit any time and continue where you left off.

Or is it going to make us do a whole mission at a time as I do much prefer the flexibility of quitting whenever and not loosing progress.

16. JasonLL

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    #36 JasonLL, Nov 3, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    Never have played Xcom2 but I’ve read and seen enough about it to say it’s a much bigger game than the first Firaxis title. If you liked the first it’s much more of that and then some and the price for the entire collection is a steal.

solarnya and gansta like this.
  17. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Instabuy here.
    I just cross my fingers it’s not going to heat my Iphone 11 too much and nuke my battery like Civilization 6 for instance.
    Civ 6 is still a major deception, 1,5-2% battery drain per MINUTE. And after an hour I could cook an egg on my phone so I just stick to the ps4 version for now.
    Anyway I guess I’ll know in a couple of hours.
    Fingers crossed.

18. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Wondering how it’ll work on the iPhone 12 pro as I seen a review saying the graphics didn’t work well even on the new iPad.

19. theoneslr

theoneslr New Member

Apr 14, 2017
    Shouldn’t this also work on iPhone 7?
    IPhone 7 has the same specs as iPhone 7 Plus minus the screen size.

20. Defard

Defard Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    UK
    Think of it as a far friendlier version of rebel star with better graphics and sound lol!

Big up the spectrum massive