The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    I have 920 MS Points.. How should I spend them?

2. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Aah I wish I could, but realistically I can only afford one, and I'm torn between the two!

3. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    If you don't have Limbo, get it.

4. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Get Dead Rising 2. It's something other than a shooter, which every popular Xbox game seems to be. Plus, I'm getting it day one and need people to play multiplayer with.

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Don't get DR2 if you got bored with the first game. It doesn't improve on much other than co-op, which isn't really a killer addition. I wish they'd done something about the load times and crappy timed career path.

6. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Yeah, it seems they didn't really improve on the missions and load times. Reviews are up and they mostly complain about the load times and some choppy framerates here and there but overall, it seems quite postive with mostly 8s. I'll probably get it when it releases but I heard some people already have the game right now, kinda jealous. The game looks insanely fun though, can't wait to screw around with combo card weapons.

7. Illegal Danish

Illegal Danish Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    On the beach
    Hmmm Id say Reach, considerin thats the game most everybody has, so its quite easy to hook up with some friends and play
    Well if you have borderlands theres a new dlc cmin out the 28th

8. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Playing DR2 now and I'm bored. Sticking it straight on eBay.

9. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    how can you get bored of slaughtering zombies?? :eek:

10. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    It just feels lazy, heavy and slow. I'm going to stick with it though and see how it grows on me.

11. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Did you play the first game? I actually found the simple task of slaughtering zombies to be pretty fun, it was just the way the rest of the game was set up that kinda ruined it a bit.

12. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    How did you already get a copy?!?!? Or are you just playing Case 0?

13. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Never played the first one mate. It was getting really fun earlier when I had the bat combined with nails... The chainsaw and the sword etc...
    What I'm finding punishing is the way you have to go to the toilet to save... Numerous times I've got far and was about to save, then I'd die and have to re-do it all again. It's hugely punishing to see 500 Kills go down to 150 Kills.

I guess I'm just a noob zombie cruncher.

14. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    I guess so. That's exactly how the first game went as well. Sure, it was a bit annoying sometimes and it would have been great if they had a quicksave option, but it's not that big of a deal for me. Definitely a nusiance though.

That said, I was a huge fan of the original. Think I'll enjoy this one?

15. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    What annoyed me most was having timed missions, and basically an entire timed career mode. For me it's all about survival... what's the point in trying to survive if the game's going to end in 72 hours regardless? I want to see how long I can survive with no limits, since that's basically what the whole zombie theme is about. There's not supposed to be an end in sight, you just try to stay alive against never ending impossible odds.

16. Hmar9333

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    It's been out in Australia for like five days now.

17. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Yeah, the timed thing did get a bit annoying, but I thought it was a pretty cool mechanic. I just hope it's more well implemented in the new one.

Also, once you beat Overtime mode which you unlock from beating 72 Hour mode, you unlock an endless mode where you just keep fighting to see how long you can survive in the mall for.

I hate you guys.

18. Hmar9333

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Heheheh :p

19. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    #1979 5duc29, Sep 26, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
    Anyone talking about Dead Space 2...? All the video previews were pretty cool to watch. The only thing that bothers me is the new multiplayer. It looks kind of boring to me. Dead Space is definitely one of the best games I have ever played.

Finished the Halo Reach campaign three times. Second favorite of the Halo series. Halo is #1.

20. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Definitely will enjoy this one mate, there is a lot to enjoy if you don't get frustrated easily.

Completely agree Johnny. I'm starting to realise the campaign is slightly cheap. Say I rush through an area with 71 hours remaining, the next zone I enter will take the time down to 64 hours etc... Meaning, if I'm not fussed, I can blast through the game with (somewhat) little incentive to take my time.