The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    #1921 Electric_Shaman, Sep 22, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
    So... the Bioshock Infinite gameplay trailer was kinda awesome

The only thing I thought was weird, and this is assuming that it will have an ADAM and EVE system similar to Bioshock, is that the player managed to use his plasmids a lot without running out of EVE.

2. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    #1922 Masmo, Sep 22, 2010
    Ouch, that really hurt :eek: But yeah, I kinda suck rofl... at least for now! Gimme a while and you'd be eating my virtual dust, or in this case elbow as I pummel your face!

3. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Incredibly awesome.

The only thing I don't understand is how it WON'T BE FINISHED TILL 2012 WTFBBQ!!?!?!??!

I can't wait that long!

Hopefully such a long development time at least means it will be flawless.

4. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    2012?!?!?!?!?! I hate when they tell you about a game 2 years before it comes out... It looked like one of the most incredible games I've ever seen, too...

5. Rasterico

Rasterico Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I'll be getting my copy either Thursday or Friday so after having a go at the story I'll be up for a bit of co-op, will add you later, my tags the same as on here Rasterico.

6. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    Yea it does seem weird that there's still another 2 years of development to go, when they put out what looked like a polished and close to complete gameplay video.
    But then the video did seem slightly scripted, if that makes sense, with the pushing the guy over the rails, and stepping back just far enough from the falling bell. As if they had run through the scenario thousands of times to get it polished and looking perfect, but if the player had strayed off the path more, maybe we would have started to see the cracks and half-working parts of the game.

Still, I know it happens almost never, but maybe if we're lucky it'll get pushed forward a bit. But probably not =P

7. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Yeah it's likely the video was just a proof of concept or something. Now they get to spend 18 months making it look worse. Literally. You start with a fantastic looking game then strip it down as much as possible to improve performance. Lower the textures, lower the polygons, lower the particle effects... trying to make sure people don't notice, obviously.

Not that it won't look great anyway, it's just that optimizing a game is a given, so I generally ignore the early teaser trailers in regards to how pretty they are and such.

8. Hmar9333

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    But you see, that demo is clearly running on a console at a very solid framerate, even with a LOT going on, not much optimization (if any) is needed.

Plus, I keep watching it and noticing more and more little details I missed the other times, such as at 5:54, the painting in the bar 'ripples' into another painting etc.

And do you reckon the woman (robot?) Sweeping the burning shop is of any significance?

9. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    #1929 Donovan1209, Sep 22, 2010
    It uses a different system but I'm sure it is something similar.

Btw, anyone interested in Brink?

10. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Yeah, it's running, but it's likely been cut down to include nothing more than what you're seeing. Like a brightly painted egg, pretty but hollow. Once the meat of the game is added it'll start to suffer and then every one gets to jump on it and optimize their asses off.

Besides, why wouldn't you want to? If you had the choice between keeping it looking exactly like that, or optimizing the graphics in order to fit more enemies/objects on screen for a better gameplay experience, or perhaps enlarging the areas of the game and reducing load times wouldn't you take the latter two? There's always room for improvement. The pretty stuff is just to grab peoples attention from the start, then it's toned down.

11. Hmar9333

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    True, true.

12. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    I'm not sure, but her, plus the guy riding the newspaper wagon with only one wheel right near the start, made me think some kind of weird brainwashing is going on. Along with the guy giving a speech to know one (who the freaks out and eyes go red and stuff), and the angry mob, everyone seems to be under some kind of mind control. It is Bioshock after all ;)

13. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    That Infinite demo was the most exciting thing I've seen in gaming, in ages.

14. Hmar9333

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Accepted into the new dashboard beta :D

15. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Nice, didn't even know there was going to be a new dashboard. I expect we will see screenies soon? lol

16. Donovan1209

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    #1936 Donovan1209, Sep 23, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2010

17. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I'm honestly not too interested in Brink at all. It's being made by Bethesda, which is great, but nothing has caught my eye too much.

18. Donovan1209

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    #1938 Donovan1209, Sep 24, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
    Great art style, character customizaion, a seamless transition between single and multiplayer, a unique experience system (where you can do different missions in the midst of an online battle to get xp), no barrier between online and offline, AND lets not forget an amazing PARKOUR SYSTEM! Come on man! You have to be BLIND not to want this game!

AND THIS:

19. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I'm not totally sold on Brink either. It looks good, but something about the videos just seems old... possibly because the environment looks similar to Fallout 3 and Borderlands. Obviously the game will be different, but I'm just not seeing anything spectacular. Good looks alone won't do it for me.

20. Donovan1209

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Those videos are pretty old anyway, the game doesn't come out until Q2/Q3-ish next year, so they have time to hype you up, I'm sold and will pre-order at some point :D