The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. kingcobra

kingcobra Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2010
    Why play Nazi Zombies when theres Firefight??????

2. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Sounds good. Let me know when you get a hold of it. I've also been trying to find more people to play Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 with as well.

They're two totally separate things. I borrowed ODST from my friend a while back (which I'd consider doing again if my friends weren't all getting Reach tomorrow), and while I love both, they're just different games altogether. Nazi Zombies is a bit more strategic and more about pacing your points and upgrades, while Firefight feels more like a straight-up survival shooter. Unfortunately, I only have WaW, so I only have access to Nazi Zombies, and I see no point in getting ODST since all of my friends are getting Reach on release.

3. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yeah FireFight and Nazi Zombies can't even really be compared. They are both great, but I think Nazi Zombies is a little more fun. We'll see with the FireFight in Reach though ^.^

4. kingcobra

Sep 13, 2010
    FireFight in ODST was badass....and that was only technically like the beta version of the full Firefight mode...now you can customize everything, you can finally do matchmaking, theres ton of new stuff to play around with, im real excited for that mode

5. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    That, combined with how much it seems to have improved from Halo 3/ODST to Reach is basically the whole reason I want Reach. Firefight and co-op campaign is what I really enjoyed in ODST, and it sounds like it's only been improved by leaps and bounds in Reach.

I'll be getting it either for my birthday or Christmas (which are conveniantly on the same week...), just not tomorrow. I only have $25 right now, $5 of which is going to the Zombie EP and about another $12 I'd like to get Lost Odyssey with.

6. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Maybe you could even customize Firefight so that the Ai has a really slow move speed, can only melee attack, and is a little dumber =D

7. Abi646

Abi646 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Is anyone else having problems finding a game online in monday night combat??? I just got the game last week, but whenever I try to find a game i cant find any other people.

8. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    Mine works fine, it finds a game within a minute normally. Are you playing Crossfire or Blitz? I don't know how many people play Blitz, I know I don't

9. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    It happens from pretty often. I'll be the only one there, and then I have to exit and restart matchmaking. There aren't that many people playing it, though, especially with the release of Reach, which you should be playing.

10. Abi646

Abi646 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    I just played tonight. And I thinkthe reason there aren't many people online was because of the time I was on. Now there were many people but they were all amazing and I sucked. Whatever this is just until black ops

11. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    My advice would buy play Tank or Gunner whilst you're learning the game, so you don't get 1 hit killed by Assassins. I mean, you still can if you've taken a bit of damage, but if the Assassin isn't that smart, you can normally turn around and kill them if you had full life.
    Just be careful with the Tank cause he's fat and slow =P

12. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Probably cause MNC isn't worth playing. *Shrug*

13. kingcobra

Sep 13, 2010
    MNC is a very good arcade game, definitely worth the $10 bucks

14. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    You guys played Plants vs Zombies yet?

It's surprisingly good!!

15. kingcobra

Sep 13, 2010
    Ive played PVZ on Iphone already and loved it, so I got it on Xbox, its also amazing on there...

Would love to also own it on Ipad if i get got one.

LOL by the way, hmar, nice name lol

16. Rasterico

Rasterico Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    So next week in the UK Dead Rising 2 is released, who if any of you is picking this up? I had the first one and really enjoyed it (although never finished it due to the annoying fuzzy writing on my old standard def tv) the sequel looks awesome and the co-op looks cool too so just wondering if any of you guys are getting it so I can maybe play some co-op?

Have the choice of the 360 version or PS3 but prefer xbox live over PSN.

17. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009

Have you played MNC?
    I was planning to put in a last minute pre-order for it, but since I played Case Zero, I just don't feel the itch to get it anymore. Plus all the audio disappeared in the last 3 cutscenes of my game, and it left a sour taste in my mouth. I dunno, will probably wait a while for the price to drop =P

18. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Should I pre-order Fallout: New Vegas or get Red Dead Redemption? God game choosing is hard!

19. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    New Vegas all the way.

Red Dead is great and all, but I think I'll have a lot more fun with Fallout.

20. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    I was leaning towards New Vegas already. Thanks!