The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
  2. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Damn I was just going to post this, seems kinda cool, although I don't use the D-pad all that much, and it's the accuracy of it more than anything that annoys me, which I don't think this will address.
    The colours are awful though IMO. As someone who hasn't been playing X-Box all that long, the grey buttons would confuse the hell out of me
    Since I got a new wireless controller with my Slim, I really won't be needing yet another.
    Downloading this tonight =D
    Can't wait for some zombie slashin' action

3. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Only bundled with the play 'n charge kit for $65 though.

4. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    The new pad is gorgeous. Absolutely love it. Time to import me think.

5. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    #1765 jeffyg3, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
    That transforming D-pad will come in handy. At times when playing some fighting games, the web d-pad works best like with Sega Saturn controllers, for 2-D action games, the pop out d-pad will be awesome. Finally, a controller that has the best of both worlds for d-pads. Though, I'm not digging the grey buttons at all. I rather liked the color coded buttons.

I had a launch Xbox 360 and traded it in when EB had that $200 Xbox 360 trade in when those new awesome redesigned systems came out. Borrowing an Xbox 360 at the moment and I'm looking to get a new Xbox 360 when Kinect comes out...or sometime next early next year...hopefully the new controllers will come packaged in the system by that time. Out of the Wii, PS3, and Xbox 360, 360 is my ultimate favorite, so I'm really excited about finally getting my own again :)

It sucks to hear Live is raising it's prices. I don't have to pay for playing online on PS3 or Wii (wait, I don't play online on the Wii :rolleyes:), so it sucks paying for it on the 360. Xbox 360 has a way better, easier, and more organized marketplace setup than the PS3 or Wii, but that's still not worth paying for. I always feel very jipped when paying for the 360 service...it's going to be hard to cough up that $60 when the time comes :mad:

6. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yeah I don't know if I will be getting the bundled controller but it sure does look awesome. I don't mind the grey buttons either, as I remember them by letter not colour (I am colourblind to red's and green's) so that doesn't matter much to me. I don't know, if i get the spare cash and there is really nothing better to spend the money on I will get one but for now money is much to tight.

7. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    So I got Dead Rising: Case Zero.
    And just finished it, just over 2 hours long. I didn't rescue every single survivor or finish every side quest, but I did mess around a lot, died a bunch of times, and only just finished the game in the allotted time. I reckon you could speed run the game in like half an hour if you know what you're doing.

Despite the short length, it's really fun, and a nice scratch to satisfy the Dead Rising itch. My main gripe with the game is that there seemed to be an entire cut-scene missing (right before the first psychopath battle, it just happened seemingly randomly) and there was no audio for the last 3 or 4 cutscenes of the game. Don't know if it was a random bug or what, but I died a couple of times fighting the psycho and never saw any cutscene to explain where he came from. No audio for the last couple of cutscenes was a major bummer though.

8. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    I just found out Razer was making some 360 stuff, starting with a headset and controller. The D-pad on the controller looks even better than the chrome one that was just announced.

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

Just finished my second of playthrough of Dragon Age. im now enjoying the most epic ending song ever. 'THis is War' by 30 seconds to mars plays through the credits. Its just a perfect song for the game.

10. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    No... no it's not.

11. walsh06

its not the best or it doesnt suit it??

12. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    The bumpers sound pretty useless if you can't bind them to button combinations, or even to the d-pad; but the adjustable sensitivity does make it really tempting.

13. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Both. lol but mainly the latter.

14. walsh06

Explain how it doesn't suit. Firstly the mood of the song is just right, the happy feeling but not pure happiness which is true cos you just won a war. Then the lyrics, "a brave new world" ???? How is that not relevant.

15. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Because it's a f*cking American Alternative song in the era of dragons. I don't care what the lyrics say, they could detail every last quest you accomplished in the lyrics and it would still be garbage. I want an epic sounding ending with orchestral power. Not some whiney f*ck band picked because someone in development thought "Hey look at the title of the song! It's bound to fit!".

Sorry, you asked. This is all strictly opinion. It also doesn't help that I hate the band lol

16. walsh06

Your whole paragraph was a waste because of the last line. Couldnt you just say that to start with. The song is suiting but if you dont like something then youll never enjoy it. No need to be sorry because (no offence) your points arent really relevant if you dont like the band.

17. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Well that's simply not true man, I am really open minded to music, even music I don't like. Just because I don't like 30StM doesn't mean it couldn't have fit, it just didn't for me for the points that I mentioned. Me not liking the band just helped seal the deal. There are few bands I could think of that would have songs that fit for the ending of that game, and 30StM is just not one of them. It could have been one of my favourite bands (like In Flames or Opeth) and it could have been my favourite song from either of them, but if it didn't fit (which I just don't see it so) it doesn't fit. That's all I am trying to say. ^.^

I just think the game deserved an epic battle trumpet filled triumphant score for the end. lol

18. walsh06

If you want score then just listen to I am the one. Its played before This is War, so im not sure what you are saying. listen to that and then quit the credits. not that hard. And its fitting has nothing to do with the title. The mood is just right.

19. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Done and done.

New subject, did anyone check out the OXM report on the new Reach MP maps? That sh!t is lookin pretty epic.

20. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Hey, I'm on Live as PhourD. Leave a message with your TA identity if you friend request.