The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Anyone planning on picking up Shank?

It's tempting me... but not much really

2. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Sounds somewhat interesting, but I probably will never use it. I just want to play the effin game.

3. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I've been put off buying Shank after reading a good couple of reviews that make it sound like it's not worth the £10. I'm going to try the trial.

4. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I havn't even looked up on Shank. I'll have to check some reviews out for it... what kind of game is it?

5. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Side scrolling hack 'n' slash.

6. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    ORLY??!

I might look into this then I'm a whore for hack n slash.

7. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    It's been getting moderate to negative reviews. A shame, because the art style is really nice.

8. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Well that's lame. Like I said I havn't seen a thing for it myself and wont be able to till after work... but that really sucks. I could use a good side-scroller hack n slash.

9. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    I'm not sure if it's in this thread, the PS3 one, or a completely other thread that NFS Hot Pursuit has generated the greatest following, but here's a video of a complete race. And holy crap this game looks awesome.

10. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    #1690 Booch138, Aug 25, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
    Thats really funny, I just asked about this game over in the PS3 thread hahaaha

Edit: that video was sick as all hell.

11. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Hot Pursuit is going to rock!

12. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Yeah that video was badass. It looks more or less exactly the same as Burnout in terms of vehicle control and sense of speed (Criterion are undoubtedly kings of the arcade racer genre) but with all the awesome police chase additions thrown on top. The long, wide roads make the game feel slightly more linear than Burnout Paradise was, but that brings it closer to feel Burnout 2 had which I really like, I miss that game. Glad to see the traditional Burnout crashes are still "intact".

Meh, I keep talking like this is a Burnout game... but it's Criterion so it basically is.

13. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    #1693 Booch138, Aug 25, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
    Does anyone know if NFS:HP is going to have same console MP? Like some split screen action? Cause if not, that's going to kill it for us and we won't be getting it lol.

Edit: Just read on EA's forums for the game that it will not have split screen MP. That does it for me lol. I guess they are focusing on the Auto-Log. There wont even be custom games I read.

14. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I just tried Shank. Tried my ass off not to love it, but failed. It's satisfying, brilliantly animated, kick ass music, god damnit.

15. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Lol, why would you try not to love it? Where are all these negative reviews coming from? Can someone post some links?

Because I played shank at e3 and I thought it was ****in awesome. How could it get bad reviews?

16. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I don't want to love it because I keep buying games and have no time to play them.

Go and check out Metacritic. It's not getting bad reviews per say, 7/10... Do you class that as bad?

17. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Yeah I would have guessed that, Burnout Paradise didn't either. The game has to render the environment at such breakneck speed it wouldn't be able to handle processing two at once. I doubt it could even read the disc fast enough. Still, it's looking great regardless so if you're ever in the mood for a single player racer you know where to turn ;)

18. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I just decided to read up on the last page or so of this thread, and seeing it mentioned so much made me take a look at Shank...

And all I have to say is wow... I'll be getting that as soon as I get my Xbox back. Then again, there's a new Dishwasher game in the works and I'm still extremely tempted to get the first one. I'm still kicking myself for passing up a sale of the first game.

19. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Definitely, but I am not much into racing games myself (with the exception of kart racers). My wife and I are always on the look out for great games of all types with split screen and we were just hoping this one woul dbut meh ohh well.

Anyone have any great split screen or same console MP suggestions? We like all types of games so any is great.

20. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    My house
    I remember reading on IGN that the cars control even better than in Burnout Paradise (Which is my all-time favorite racing game!). I'm super hyped for this one. Looks incredible.

Also, just got MNC. Dang that game is addicting.

And lastly, I really, really want September 14th to come fast. I can't stand the wait.