The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    The bugs are kind of irritating, the one that I always get is my jetpack effect not turning off.

I didn't have much problem with lag up until I tried to play this morning, it was taking 5 minutes and upwards to find a match, and when it did it would either disconnect, or try to migrate to a new host (which never works). The one game I did eventually manage to play was terribly laggy.

2. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I want a sausage dog. ;\

3. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    #1643 Hmar9333, Aug 14, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
    Interesting, I can give my Xbox 360 Slim the Red Dot of Death by plugging my 'Charge 'n' Play Kit' into a specific USB port.

And then fix it by removing the accessory...

Edit: Why the hell is Xbox highlighted in red?

4. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    Because you searched the word "xbox"

Can't comment on the charge n play kit RDOD situation. Just plain weird really. At least it's not a major malfunction.

5. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Rage has been delayed... good thing too since there are plenty of other games coming out Q1 2011!

6. Hmar9333

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Grrr... Can't pick up my preorders because 'technically' my sister bought them and she'll be in Africa when they arrive :mad:

7. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    My house
    Left 4 Dead 2 = Awesome. Just got it. It's hard, but I'm having a blast.

8. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    L4D2 is awesome. Once you get to know the campaigns a little you can start to crank up the difficulty too.

If you're online now I'll play a some with you btw ^^ haven't played it ages, wouldn't mind killin' some zombies

9. Donovan1209

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Should I get FO3: GOTY or wait for FO: NV?

10. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    Hard to say at the moment, I've played FO3 on the PC, so I didn't buy the GOTY edition for the 360 to play the DLC, waiting for New Vegas first.
    I'd say the only way to really differentiate at the moment, is if you want to play it now, and pay less, get FO3: GOTY and wait for the price on FO: NV to drop a bit.

FO: NV is looking like it'll be good, but it's hard to say if it'll be better, or how different it'll be from FO3 right now.

11. Donovan1209

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    GOTY new is like $55 cheapest from what I can find. But it might go down in price when New Vegas is released. Might just skip either of them for now and get Star Wars: TFU2. Which is looking to improve on all the crappy things the first one had. Better targeting system, more powers, better animations, and 2 lightsabers :). So might just get that since I'm a sucker for anything Star Wars. I got the original for like $10, and it was well worth it :D

12. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Force Unleased II might be alright but it'll still only provide about 1/6th the gaming hours of Fallout at most.

13. Donovan1209

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Yah, yah, yah. I know. But I will get a Fallout game this year, but with Uncharted 2 shipping to my house at the moment. I'd get the normal version of Fallout 3 if you didn't have to pay for DLC to continue playing after the story. So that kind of makes me want GOTY if I'm probably going to get the DLC anyway. Maybe after New Vegas comes out I'll see how it compares to 3. But thanks anyway! :D

14. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    That's weird, it's a fair bit cheaper over the pond, either £23 new (about 35USD) or £18 preowned (about 28USD) on Amazon.

Star Wars FTW, although the last game I played was Jedi Academy or something =P

15. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Well that's up to you. Playing after the story wasn't all that fun for me, not as fun as the vanilla stuff anyway. The extra perks were pretty boring and leveling up doesn't really do much besides give you a reason to grind more. The quest content wasn't anything special.

Personally I'd just get the game minus DLC and finish it. You might end up playing for 200 hours or something, plenty of time to scrape together a little bit of cash if you want some DLC when you've finished.

16. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    My house
    I now realize how incredibly difficult it is to play L4D2 with randoms. Gosh some people are annoying.

17. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Welcome to Xbox Live.

18. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I almost never play with random people if it's not a free-for-all mode. L4D2 is a team-based game in every way, shape, and form. If you don't stick together and you're hit by a Smoker, you're ****ed.

19. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    #1659 Electric_Shaman, Aug 18, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
    I find L4D2 isn't too bad when played with randoms, at least on the easier difficulties, people will help you when pinned by a hunter/ ridden by a jockey / constricted by a smoker etc, it's just when it comes to health packs, or at the very end of campaigns that people are dicks.
    I find it's because you're in a small group of 4, you need to be able to rely on your teammates for when you get pinned too. Kind of a treat others as you would yourself kinda thing. I know I'd be uhh, lets say very frustrated, if no one was shooting a hunter off me or something similar.

Of course, every once in a while you do find some other person with a mic who's not a 12 year old, and you get a great game or two in. But that goes for most games on XBL

20. Hmar9333

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Play some Nazi zombies, a lot of annoying 12 year olds, but it only takes one or two tries to find a game full of good players that work together, aren't annoying and all have mics.