The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Let us know how the Brotherhood beta is. I'm so pumped for that.

2. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
  3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I get the feeling if it was released after all this commotion it'd turn out distinctly average and disappoint everyone.

4. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    So I'm loving MNC. What's everyone's preferred class? I'm liking the Tank, just because it's awesome to have noob Assassins come up and try to kill you with a grapple, only for you to burn them up once they're done. Gunner comes a close second, the minigun just hurts like hell.

5. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Mine's Assassin. I always love the stealth based classes.

6. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Tank here too. Granted I only played a few games and didn't fully try out every character, but I was a tank for 90 percent of the time. I love killing assassins like that too.

I was doing really good with the tank. Went something like 24-13 with him. I don't know why they said he was primarily defensive, I was running around the map with him and racking up kills.

7. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    This game is a great break from TF2. The current cluster****s in games these days make playing as the spy downright impossible.

8. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    That's pretty much what I do as well, I guess he's supposed to be mainly defensive because he's seriously slow, so you're not supposed to get much further than defence with him.

Also, find any bacon yet? I haven't even seen any yet, let alone been able to grab some.

And I wish there was an option to turn of the commentator. He's okay for now, but it's a little too repetitive, can see it getting annoying in a few days or so.

9. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

Support all the way. I went 14-7-11 in a match. I love setting my turreand then hacking others. Airstrikes are great too.

10. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Yeah I was talking to my friend about MNC earlier and apparently he rapes with Support. I didn't believe him because I thought support was a shitty class. He said his k/d was over 2.0 and I called bullshit.

Then later in the day he texted me a pic of his tv. He went 24-0 using only support class. He said he just plants turrets, upgrades them to shoot long ranges, and sends out bots.

I'm kinda scared, because there isn't a single game that we play where he is better than me, and I can't allow this to be the first. Alas, I am in new York and cannot play.

By the way, new York weather sucks. It's nighttime and 80+ degrees. I know that some of you will be like "bitch I live in 120 degree weather all day" but when you live in southern California and it is a perfect 60-70 degrees every day, this is shit by comparison. And the a/c in the room where I was sleeping just happened to break earlier today, so I have to sleep on a couch in the living room.

11. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I'm a freakin' Tank. >.>

12. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    #1632 Electric_Shaman, Aug 12, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
    Not to brag or anything but I went around 40-15 in my last match yesterday. That was kinda insane though. Tank FTW

Support is a good class though, I just hate playing it because Assassins always seem to hunt me down really easily. It's not too bad once I can over-heal myself, but I just prefer to turn around and turn them to ash with my jetgun

Also what level/rank is everyone? Currently 25, thinking I'll probably hit 35 before I call it quits today.

13. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    People in other forums are already complaining about balancing. Personally I think it's perfect. This one idiot even complained that ALL the classes were overpowered. =/

14. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    Bahahaha that's priceless.
    I think it's very well balanced as well, everything has a counter, it's just a matter of learning what works well against what, and formulating little strategies to try and guard your weaknesses.

15. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I don't get why people complain about overpowered weaponry etc... Get with the programme and join in the fun!

16. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    Has anyone come across the strat of using 2-3 supports to constantly heal up a jackbot? It's surprisingly hard to break, especially in an uncoordinated pub game. Even using the annihilator won't work well unless you've got teammates ready to react; because it'll be fully overhealed, and getting healed back up as well. Luckily not too many people use it. Yet.

17. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    #1637 Electric_Shaman, Aug 13, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
    edit: uh nevermind. here, have a cat
    [​IMG]

18. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    I hate it when grappling doesn't respond due to lag. Totally ruins a great assassination.

And what REALLY pisses me off is the fact that the kills shown in the corner aren't color coded; they're all red which beats the purpose of seeing who's killing more of whose team.

Also, there's a bunch of glitches like when you get burned the effect will sometimes stay on you even though it wore off >=[

They promised to update stuff from player feedback. Hopefully they'll fix the several bugs soon.

19. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Hey guys,

I'm pondering whether to buy Madden 11 as my first Madden game off the iPhone. I'm a casual watcher (being from Australia) so the ability of Gameflow appeals to me as I used to just choose whatever had the most lines. Would you guys recommend it as a good Madden game for someone like me who enjoys watching occasionally but has no real understanding of the tactics?

Thanks

20. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

I dont know about this madden, but all the others are consistently dissappointing and i think the worst sports game franchise at the moment. Well up to now anyway. I cant comment on 11 as Im not wasting my money.