The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Wow, no online co-op? Are you serious? The game was made like specifically for co op play. I'm pissed. This has just gone from a must buy to "let me see if it is fun solo".

2. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Totally agree bro, good call.

3. Tripl3D

Tripl3D Member

Aug 10, 2010
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
    Free County, USA
    Eh, the first two were OK; the series didn't really pick up until the fourth volume and the sixth book was literally the most epic comic I have ever read.

In any case, the first two don't have very much of the quirky, self-referential humour that begins to seep in around book three, but they're still darn good reads. I believe that they are releasing the issues as seperate apps on the App Store as well; they're up to book three I think.

Anyway, hope you like 'em.

Back to the back to the Xbox: I personally find the Xbox to be a bit dull, as I do not play many FPSes, but the Live Arcade has tons of epic stuff. I'm probably gonna get a PS3 instead of a 360 (I do not own either yet :( )...

4. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Anybody get the new Red Dead DLC? Looks pretty cool but I still need to go to Target and grab some points to buy it with. I'm probably just getting it to use the tomahawks :p

5. abruce42

abruce42 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    I didnt even know there was any. Whats in it and how much points?

6. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

It is $10 (800 points I think?). It is 9 new multiplayer competitive maps (like Blackwater and Thieves' Landing), 6 new playable characters from Red Dead Revolver, and the Tomahawk (basically a bigger more powerful throwing knife that can also melee)

7. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    :p

12 hours and 32 minutes. My streak stopped at 16 hours and 47 minutes after a storm shut off the power temporarily, and by then I was already getting peeved at the game (I'm not what you call a... "good" loser).

8. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    I think you've shown that :p.

9. snowdude11

snowdude11 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2010
    I am playing madden for about an hour now and this game is just plain awesome. Most likely the king of all maddens (except for the first one beacause it started it all)

10. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    I hate my xbox 360

[​IMG]

11. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Wow I can't add 400 MS points to my account some reason. Keeps saying some "can't be authorized" bullshit, even when I try a totally different card. Not expired or anything either.

12. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Good news though: Brasil one today in stunning fashion (even though the final score was 2-0, we had four shots deflected by the damn post and 2 great saves by the USA goalie) so I won't have to feel bad today.

Although, in Madden '11, Ray Rice can't be tackled.

13. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    #1593 Electric_Shaman, Aug 11, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
    I just added 2000 points in anticipation of MNC to test, worked okay for me. Although I am on the UK servers I guess? (Seeing as it's displayed and paid for in pounds)

Do you guys get to choose down to the closest 100 how many points you get over in the States? We only get 500, 1000, 2000, 5000 and now also 6000 (seems kinda pointless to add 6000 imo)

Also I'm surprised how hard it is to find the add points option in the UI. I thought there'd be a nice big option in the Dashboard. I mean I know where to find it now, and that you can add points before a purchase anyway, but still seems a bit hidden

14. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    So bat and I downloaded MNC at like 2:45 this morning. For some reason he signed off early but I played til around 4. Anyways, it's pretty awesome. Suprisingly people were playing online and I played a few games. It's pretty addicting.

15. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Like an hour after release to start my download, just played a couple of games it's pretty awesome

Anyone online want to play?

16. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Sucks how it only comes in those increments.

17. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Here's an instance when MS could really learn a thing or two from PSN, only it won't because they have so many blind and rabid fanboys that the merest hint of the method sucking will never pass their lips. For them it's worth putting up with a shitty payment plan just to keep the almighty shrine of Live held aloft.

Related note: I'm downloading the Scott Pilgrim demo now so if anyone wants an opinion...

18. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Agreed mate. I finished the Trial of Pilgrim on my PS3. It's actually quite fun. Really like the tune that plays in the background too. I got about 25 minutes of gameplay from the first level, not too shabby at all. Not convinced I want the full game though.

Looking forward to what you think John!

19. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I'm also downloading the Mafia II demo, have you played that yet?

20. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Yes those goal posts are hard to get by