The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Nah my dad owns the company that prints t-shirts for EA and THQ so he asked if we could have badges and we got some.

2. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    e3 hasnt been a public event since like 2006. Its not really "invite only" but if you arent in the game industry or dont know anyone in the industry then you have a small chance of getting in.

3. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    huh, youre right. I wonder why the one day delay. Don't PSN games usually come out on thursdays?

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    E3 was invite only in 2007 and 2008, since then they returned to the old format. The only reason it's hard to get in is because it's popular and so many tickets go to things like competitions, but it's open to the public either way.

5. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    My mistake, never heard about the 2nd restructuring of the event for some reason.

I think you mean '09, as '07 and '08 were most definitely invite only.

6. StarCraftIsGreat

StarCraftIsGreat Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    No, Midian was wrong, this year was definitely not open to the public, I would have been there if it was. You needed to get a pass one way or another.

7. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    yeah that's what I said. It hasn't been open to the public since like '06.

yeah Midian is mistaken. It is an industry only event, and is in no way open to the public. You can't purchase tickets, the only way to go is to be in the industry or know someone in it.

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Yeah you're right. I dunno why I got mixed up. Possibly thinking of other events along with the rumors that E3 2009 would be open to the public again, I guess they were false. I was right about it not being invite-only though.

9. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Well like I said before its not technically "invite only" as in you can only get in if your name is on some kind of list and there is a large black man at the door checking it, but it is still pretty exclusive to people who work at video game companies.

10. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    Heh, that's really weird, I was convinced you had written "was open to the public since 2006" not wasn't, guess that's a great example of reading what you want to read, not what's actually there. My apologies good sir.

11. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Picked up 1600 MS points today. Hopefully MNC will be as good as Rocketman919 says it is. Otherwise I'll be getting Splosion man. That game's the shit.

12. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Monday Night Combat actually kinda reminds me of TF2, which is good :D Too bad my LIVE ran out, otherwise I'd be all over this game.

13. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    It definitely won't compare to TF2, but it still looks like it'll be a ton of fun. Thank god all the Arcade games have demos.

14. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

I think it's a mix of team fortress and league of legends.

15. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Yeah, people on Kotaku compare it to league of legends and something called DoTA niether of which I know about. I think it is TF2 + third person + a tower defense game, something kinda like that south park one on xbla.

@Bat

yeah, splosion man is pretty fun but I don't have it yet either. I won't buy it unless I can get my friends to buy it too, because I've heard the mp is where it's at. I met 2 dudes that work at Twisted Pixel at ComicCon (they were showing off Comic Jumper, which is also pretty good) and they were great dudes. I spent like an hour talkin to them about the whole process of making games and what everything is like. So yeah, I feel like I should buy their games just to support an awesome indie dev.

16. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Sure it probably won't compare to tf2 in funness or awesomeness but you can't really expect the same thing from a 15 dollar XBLA game. Personally I just want any game to come out (one with MP and some staying power, hopefully this one) because It seems like the game industry has been on a dry spell. No decent games have come out all summer, I actually had to go back to playing MW2 and I can only take so much of that game. I'll just sit at my Xbox and look at all my games and there is really nothing that I want to play. It sucks.

17. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Limbo

18. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

DOTA is Defence of the Ancients which I think is similar to LOL. And its not tower defense cos you have to attack, not just defend your base. Which leads back to.... its like LOL.

19. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Badges FTW. :p

20. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    Oh goddamn this is just typical, I'm getting ready for work and my slim arrives nice and early. But now it's sitting there taunting me and I have to go to work in 5 minutes. I don't even have time to get it out the box.