The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
  2. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Well that almost entirely depends on what sort of setting/system you like playing in. I like fantasy settings, melee combat and a bit of magic, too, so obviously I'd go for Oblivion. You might like otherwise.

3. Donovan1209

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Haven't played any RPG's yet. 3D plaatformers and shooters have been what I've gotten. Those and sports and racing games.

4. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Must have game now too!

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
  6. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Using information such as your personality, post history and attention span, the correct game for you is Fallout 3 instead of Oblivion.

7. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Well, if you haven't decided which setting you like, try looking at gameplay videos on youtube of both (not the ones featuring mods, since I'm assuming you're playing on a console), and go with the one which you prefer.

8. Donovan1209

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    The problem is, I don't prefer either! Stuck between the 2. Watched a few gameplay vids of each.

9. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Damn right mate, stylish as can be!

10. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
  11. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Definitely go with Fallout 3. It's a must have I am sorry.

/hugefalloutnut

12. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    This. Plus Fallout 3 is still the more unique of the two. Yes, the post-apocalyptic theme is growing in popularity and yes, there's another Fallout on the way, but there are still about a billion fantasy RPGs for ever post-apocalyptic one.

Besides, you don't wanna look like too much of a nerd, and it's a legal requirement to wear a cloak and wizard's hat when playing The Elder Scrolls.

13. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Just a few of them.

As for the guy asking Fallout vs Oblivion, I´d say Fallout. The world is more interesting, the story way more interesting, and the gameplay is more solid.

If you prefer fantasy, then you can´t go wrong with Oblivion.

14. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Anything Obsidian makes generally tends to be rather buggy nowadays. They usually manage to fix them in updates though.

15. ManofAegis

ManofAegis Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    California, USA
    Frankly, I don't see the appeal of Fallout 3... I borrowed it from a friend when I first grabbed my Xbox 360 and played a good 3-5 hours of it, but I didn't enjoy it so much. I don't know why, maybe it was because I had no idea what was going on, the exploring was strange, dark, and horror-like (seriously, so many tunnels), and the "pip-boy" screen was too confusing. I admit though, there were fun parts. Even my friends are fanatic about the game. I'm a big RPG fan, but maybe Fallout isn't for me. I should try Oblivion some time.

16. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    #1457 Booch138, Aug 5, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
    Did you ever get out of Vault 101? Once you get outside it's an endless world to explore, and it's jam packed with NPC's to talk to and associate with. The choices you have to make and the option to go good bad or in between is just so much fun. The pip-boy screen is top notch. I love the way it was organized plus the old school style screen just looked awesome. VATS is one of the coolest attack tactics in many RPGs. And best of all, the music was just... just top notch.

But the game definitely isn't for everyone. But those people can just f*ck off. HAHAHAAHA im jk :D

17. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    3-5 hours are not enough to appreciate the things that Fallout 3 does right.

The thing I absolutely love about this game (and the series) is the exploration element. No game, I repeat, no game rewards exploration as much as this one. It´s entertaining, fun, it has some cool stories-- everything I love about games.

18. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    This.

I agree, you find the most bizzare crap in the middle of no where (Harold and Dogmeat anyone?) and it's just so interesting.

19. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I dunno if you noticed, but your character has no idea what's going on either... that's kinda the theme, and entire point of venturing out into the Wasteland to find out. The Pip Boy is confusing for a while, but you don't really need to use it for much once you get into the swing of things.