The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    This baby is looking so damn good

[​IMG]

Next year :D

2. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    My house
    Ooh... It's either that or Marvel vs. Capcom 3... I can't decide.

3. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    I love me some Mortal Kombat, but the last few games definitely havent instilled any hope in me that this one will be good. Now MvC 3.....

best fighting game of all time.

Take it from me (I've played it many many times) that it is the most addicting and just straight up fun fighting game out there. I mean, I was even playing against some really good people and getting my ass kicked, but I still wanted more. Thats how fun it is.

4. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Or maybe you're just into some really kinky stuff :rolleyes:

5. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    MvC3 for sure, though to be fair I've never really liked MK.

MvC3 looks like an awesome upgrade on TvC (Tatsunoko vs Capcom), which I've been enjoying immensely.

6. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    What's coming next in the summer arcade game thing?

I'm kind of interested in Sunday Night Gaming or whatever.

7. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    Castylvania: Symphony of the Night. Then either Lara Croft or Monday Night Combat.

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    SotN has been out forever. Harmony of Despair?

9. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    The new Mortal Kombat is going to be the sh!t, simply said. It's going back to the 2D plain fighting stage, which is the most f*cking awesome thing Tobias Boon (or whoever does MK now) could ever go back to. 2D MK is the way MK should be played. I never liked any of the 3D fighting stages and being able to move around everywhere. I mean it added a completely different element to the game and can dodge attacks and whatnot, but man. 2Dism takes me back.

10. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I played MK vs DC Universe recently and I have to say it's completely put my off MK. It really bored me. I have some fond memories of MK but now that I think about it, it was never really due to awesome gameplay, and it's always been hideously unbalanced, so I guess it was more of a novelty than anything else. Which would explain why the hype died when the blood did and as seen lately, rose again when the blood did.

11. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I actually loved the 2D Mortal Kombat games when I was younger. Me and my friends even joined tournaments and it was often us who took the top three spots.

I remember standing in the arcade with a long line up of people waiting to play the game then when it gave the option to finish them we played around hoping to discover a new fatality. Hell I remember I actually pulled off the Dragon Chomp fatality in MK2 and I had no idea how I did it and everyone was right shocked and amazed. I think that was the best part of the game trying to discover new things, now the game comes out on consoles and people check the games and get all the secrets and fatalities from the start. Where is the fun in that?

That being said I'm sure I'll pick up the new 2D MK but I'll probably try to avoid spoilers and just try to discover things on my own.

12. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Everyone should watch the Mortal Kombat live-demo during E3. Seriously, the combat looks so much better than any previous MK game, and I really loved Deception. It looks smooth, fast, each character has his/her own animations--definitely a notable improvement.

13. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I liked the Armageddon one. That one was ok. But other than that meh on MK post MKIII lmao

14. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Wow I'm loving Halo again. Mostly because I've been MVP every time in the past few days.

My skills in gaming are pretty random. One day I'll get a nuke, go 35-1, and the next day I'll go 1-35 =P

15. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Im the same exact way in Battlefield Bad CO 2. One day Ill have an amazinf 50-20 or some shit and some days I just simply go 10-40 hahahah well maybe not that horrible but you catch my drift. I have good days and bad days. That's pretty much with any game. Cept StarCraft II, all I see to be doing is losing miserably in that game. BUT that's for another thread.

16. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    Same here. Seems like most normal people I know follow the same pattern. Except for this Tahitian guy and his family who used to live in my neighborhood. Any game they play, new to them or not, they will completely own you. And you definitely don't want them running towards you when playing American football, ultimate frisbee, etc.

I swear, that guy never lost a game.

17. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    I bet he lost The Game though.

18. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    My house
    Dang it. I just lost The Game.

19. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    ... and Castylvania: HoD does indeed blow.

20. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009

1000th POST!