The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    My house
    Ooh! Ooh! Pick me! Pick me!

It's a very good game. Art style and humor are all there. The platforming is also good, but some of the puzzles are infuriatingly difficult, especially in the co-op mode where both players have to be extremely able at video games of this genre if you hope to get past them with all of your sanity intact. However if you're up for a challenge, then I encourage you to give it a shot.

As for Limbo, I only found one egg on my first playthrough when I was trying to solve that danged box/ramp puzzle (Y'know, with the elevator). I'll definitely go back for the rest if for nothing else than the cheevos.

I agree though, it ended very abruptly. Only downside of the game.

2. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Strange that were all talkin about Limbo. I jumped the gun and bought it last night. Really fun game, if it's short I'll probably finish it today.

3. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Thanks for the thoughts. Yeah the co-op missions in the demo were ridiculously hard.

As for Limbo, I got the same feeling from the ending as I did from Inception kind of.

*SPOILERS*
    What do you think happened? Is he trapped forever in a cycle of trying to get to his sister, hence playing the game multiple times, or did he finally get her?
    *End Spoilers*

You and your measly 28% :p

4. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    I only played for an hour :(

5. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Hmph. I beat the game in 25 minutes and 6 deaths, first run. n00b pwned! Yeah, right.

But I'm not quite sure how to interpret the "story". Not much narrative to use. My guess is that the kid died, went to some kind of purgatory/hell and had to get through a ton of obstacles to get to his sister, but we never know if he can follow sister to the next place, heaven or whatever. What I find interesting is that in the main menu screen, there're two corpses and a broken ladder. And at the end of the game, the boy and girl are obviously alive but the ladder is intact.

6. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Really? Damn, how did you do that? Was it worth the 1200 points if you beat it that quick?

7. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    lol, I'm just messing around. If you're moving really quick with minimal deaths and either a genius intellect or knowing the puzzles in and out, you could probably beat it in somewhere around an hour. Probably a little less. First time round, though, I spent a good 3-4 hours.

8. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    I've been playing Halo 2 recently, only because it's so fun when you get out of the map. :p

9. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Yes, not killing anything, screwed up graphics and such are sooooooo fun, especially 6 years after it's release... :rolleyes:

10. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Well considering Multiplayer is offline, and I've probably played through the game multiple times, there isn't much to do, now is there. Nope.

11. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    I'm a PS3 only owner. Considering the idea of buying a 360. Convince me.

12. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Exclusives.

13. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Meh. Not big on Halo or Gears, they don't excite me. The only games I care about would be Mass Effect 2, Fable 3, and Limbo. Not enough to convince me.

My friend has a 360 and the only exclusive he has atm is Fable 2 I believe. He played the ME2 demo and liked it because I convinced him to dl it, so that'll most likely be his second. And he's had his 360 for a couple of years or so.

14. Brazilian Rider

Mar 6, 2009
    Then play a different game. It's outstandingly simple, isn't it?

15. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Don't get one then. Who would buy a console if they didn't like the games?

I've got about 17 or so retail exclusives and a bunch of Live Arcade exclusives, makes the purchase worthwhile for me.

16. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    I don't see who's making you buy it, rather donate the money to charity or something, don't tell people to convince you, rather you google reviews instead.

17. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Your instigations are remarkably discreet.

18. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    My house
    Has anyone seen Castlevania: Harmony of Despair? I'm intrigued, but I've never played a Castlevania game before.

19. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    #1379 MidianGTX, Aug 2, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
    Should be pretty good, but the focus on multiplayer makes me think it won't be as epic as some of the older games.

Edit: Alright it's not great. Limited leveling, slow movement, boring variation of enemies...

20. Brazilian Rider

Mar 6, 2009
    [​IMG]