The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Pre-orders.

2. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Pretty much the only way I know of how to get them as well.

I got mine on the PS3, because my friend got a code and he shares his account with me. So I literally had to do nothing to get mine. :p

3. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    "Y" post here, "B".

4. ManofAegis

ManofAegis Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    California, USA
    #1084 ManofAegis, Jul 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2010

I liked it too, but I can see why people were dissapointed at it when comparing the game to Fable I. In terms of many features being removed and worse ones added.

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Because the game is multi-platform.

6. ManofAegis

May 1, 2010
    California, USA
    Kinect is also rumored to be only 2 players. Maybe it's 2 players at a time, or something. So that would be good for Fable 3 (if it's true), but not the best for all the party, sport, and dance games coming soon.

7. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I really don't see the Xbox being used as a party console, though. FPSs are dominating the platform to an extent where it's almost tiring, and suddenly they're gonna have everyone playing games where they stop balls with their body? Even if casual gamers were considering picking the console up, the Wii is half the price of the console without Kinect (which is another, what $100?) and come Christmas, there'll be tons of bundles.

8. ManofAegis

May 1, 2010
    California, USA
    #1088 ManofAegis, Jul 22, 2010
    I think Kinect is $150, but anyways I see what you mean. I was dissapointed when hearing that Kinect was the main event at E3 for Microsoft. I mean, Microsoft is going softcore on gamers with these Wii-status sport games, work-out, and dancing games. Even the Game Informer magazine guys are all upset because of Kinect and the direction Microsoft is going. At first, Kinect seemed like a good idea, but not so sure anymore. I just hope they use the innovative technology to be compatible with some of the hardcore games coming up. But, at least we still have a few good exclusives to look forward to, like Fable III, Kingdoms (which looks interesting), Halo: Reach, and Gears of War 3. ;)

9. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I foresee a lot of feet "Kinecting" with tables, vases, dogs, babies, Xbox 360s...

10. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    I agree. We're talking about a console being aimed at the casual audience here, which, let's face it, are largely uninformed about these things. The first thing they'll think is "Oh, there's the Kinect, we could get that. Oh but look, the Wii's so much cheaper than the Kinect, let's get that".

11. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    They are just trying to sellout to the Wii crowd. Regardless of how softcore it is, it's selling. And big. And Microsoft (as well as Sony) just want in a little on the action. I just think Move > Kinect atm.

12. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    #1092 Electric_Shaman, Jul 22, 2010
    The problem with pairing a device like Kinect with a hardcore game experience, such as Halo: Reach or GoW3 is that I'm 90% sure there will be way to 'cheat' the system; like with the Wii balance board. Which would just lead to a, albiet minority, of players using these methods to gain advantages in-game, which would be amazingly frustrating online.
    "Sellout to the Wii crowd", yet you say you think Move will be better than Kinect? If anything I reckon Kinect will sell a lot better, as not only do the Move controller look stupid, Kinect is a different experience from both the Wii and Move; leading customers who already have a Wii to consider an Xbox and Kinect. I highly doubt that any casual gamers, without a PS3 (can't imagine many casual gamers already owning one anyway), would see Move as anything more than a Wii rip-off

13. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    I just ran into $50, so I might buy Limbo.

14. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    I'm thinking about getting it today too. That and the Toy Soldiers DLC =P

15. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Tell me how the DLC is since I own Toy Soldiers.

16. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    This is why I linked to the Move tech demo videos in the other topic. From what they're showing, it looks like it can handle far more in-depth games than Kinect can. Trying to play an RTS with Kinect would probably be terrible, yet with Move it looks pretty amazing, almost mouse-like... right up there with PC controls. There's just so much more opportunity to actually use it in a serious game rather than something based around a gimmick.

17. jacksoncombs

jacksoncombs Well-Known Member

Sorry for being an @$$hole earlier, but hey I'm getting back home tommarow and I'll play some cod with someone.

18. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    #1098 Donovan1209, Jul 23, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
    Well, here's the history of motion control gaming in my book :):

1. Sony makes Eyetoy
    2. Nintendo makes Wii
    3. Sony copies Wii
    4. Microsoft copies Eyetoy
    5. The end

Nobody wants to plays with annoying, high-pitched 12 year olds and their annoying, high-pitched friends ;)

+1 to everything you just posted :D

19. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    #1099 Booch138, Jul 23, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
    Yes I am telling you here and now, that Move will be better than Kinect. Like many people have said, the tech demo's for Kinect seem awfully shady in terms of lag and actions going on on screen. Move, like the Wii, will at least succeed. It may be a rip off to the Wii, but at least it will have some room for more hardcore games like KZ3 (and whatever else they said they will use). I love the Wii, truely. The games I play on it I love, but there are so few of them. Give me a "Wii-mote" rip-off with HD graphics and awesome games and I am all for that.

Also, I prefer spending $80 to the $150 kinect. Even if the Move remote looks retarded. (though if the Move supports some more games I will buy 2 remotes for me and my wife to have one each.)

This too. It actually has potential and opportunity for amazing controls for games that wouldn't normally control well on a PS3 (or any system other than PC). I think the Move is the right way to go for a casual crowd. I know it will sell. Give me an On-Rails shooter on the PS3 and some Move remotes and me and my wife are going to go nuts.

20. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Kinect is more for casual gamers imo. Just take one look at the games :p, then look at PS3 with KZ3, SOCOM 4, RE5, Sorcery, etc.