The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Is the next xbox for sure going to be always online? Because that is a deal breaker for me.

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Nothing is for sure yet. I wouldn't bother worrying over rumours, the same ones flew around before the PS4 reveal and they turned out to be false.

3. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
  4. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Oh crap.

I guess its the PS4 for me then.

5. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    #3945 crunc, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
    We have 2 Xboxes, and last night one of of them I tried logging in and it would bring up the dialogues to enter my email address and password, although they'd already be filled in. So I'd just click through but it would bring up a dialogue saying the password was wrong. But the weird thing was that in fact it HAD logged me in, because it popped up messages saying I had so many friends on line and such. The only thing I seemed to be able to do was back up and try reentering my password, so I did that and would get the same dialogue blocking my way. Meanwhile I could login fine on the other Xbox. I tried deleting my profile and redownloading it too, but it still did the same thing (even though it successfully downloaded the profile with that email address and password!) There were some other errors it was bringing up as well sometimes, and finally I was stuck unable to download my profile at all.

To make the story shorter, I'll cut to the chase: after a while of this frustrating loop I skipped login and went in the settings, Storage, selected my HDD and cleared the system cache. That finally resolved it. So if you ever see this infuriating problem, keep that fix in mind.

Also, I'd still consider the always online thing to be a rumor. No one has come out and said that was the case. Even if it is NOW, it might be the case that they saw the backlash and change their minds. Who knows? I'd wait for E3, etc.

6. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
  7. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Ps4 anyway.

8. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    I was going for Xbox 720 and wii u but now its wii u and PS4

9. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    ...but you were the dude posting all the stuff about Wii U being sucky.

10. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Adam Orth was fired, or in effect. And apparently "he was not working on the next-generation Xbox"

http://venturebeat.com/2013/04/10/adam-orth-fired-microsoft-xbox-exec-who-insulted-fans-appears-to-have-joined-the-ranks-of-the-jobseekers/#X51tMWEPmQpkY6rX.99

So I'd say that we are back to this just being a rumor. We will find out at E3, I imagine.

I really doubt it's going to be always on, but we shall see. The bigger question for me is will it be backward compatible. I hope so, but I guess if it isn't that won't stop me from getting one... eventually.

11. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Because I was disappointed. But Then I found out things were not as bad as I though and retro studios is developing a new exclusive engine that looks awesome. Plus with all the exclusives, I need one.

12. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    My plan is to wait ten years, then if it has 25+ games worth playing that aren't on any other platform I own, I'll get one.

13. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Well Its getting some exclusives like that new dragon ball z game I just posted about.

14. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Finally finished up the first Mass Effect. Took about 10 hours to get through it. Didn't bother with any side quests. Guess I'll start the second one when I get the chance. I can easily say that they've improved everything since the original Mass Effect, lol. I just don't understand why the frames were so bad for the game. Not much really changes though from one to three. It's kind of like the Gears of War series.

Gf's coming over this weekend, so I'll be trying out Black Ops II and Minecraft for XBOX in the next few days. Still need to play some more Borderlands 2. Only about halfway through it with the roommate.

15. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Finally got to trying out Black Ops II. Pretty sick first mission, and zombie mode is good as usual.

16. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Already done with the campaign. Haven't beaten a game that fast in a long time. The story mode was darn good. The plot wasn't half bad either, especially when compared to MW3. The missions were are all pretty diverse. Got the "best" ending, but I still didn't really like it; oh well. All the reviews call it the best CoD yet, and I would have to agree. Really digging the graphics. Will spend a bit of time with zombie mode and mp before getting back to Borderlands 2/starting Mass Effect 2.

17. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Mass effect 2 was superior in every way.

18. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    So Im hearing that the new xbox requires a constant xbl connection to work.

19. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    http://news.yahoo.com/next-gen-xbox-reportedly-includes-touch-controllers-may-155029558.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter