The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    :p +1

2. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    My friend who got the game said the exact same thing about the multiplayer, but loves the campaign. According to him, that alone was worth the game's price.

3. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    My house
    I got Dead Rising 2. Tons of fun. And regarding the two games being similar to the previous ones, I said that I loved those, so more of the same is good in this case. I just wanted to weigh the games against each other to decide which one was more worthy of a day one purchase. Seems to be pretty split down the middle though.

Althogh I am appreciative of everyone's input so far. Please continue. :p

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Of those two, I'd get AC:B first. You'll miss the initial rush of online players for Black Ops, but there are gonna be thousands of newcomers over Christmas anyway. It's a fun time for playing online.

5. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Weird, Amazon are amazing at shipping to me on release days and I live in a pretty remote area.
    Granted I've only preordered about 4 games with them, but 2 of those were a couple of days before release, and they still got it to me on release day, with standard shipping (which is only 2 quid)

I was wondering if it was an intentional Canabalt reference or just an uncanny resemblance. SMB (Meat Boy, not Mario Bros =D) FTW

6. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    They've been alright to me too, but release day for £2 isn't quite the same as the day before release for £0 :)

7. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    Yea, will have to try the site you recommended next time, just wanted to clear the good name of my beloved amazon.
    Plus, without a recommendation, I don't think I would have touched the site you mentioned, even if I'd bothered shopping around. It looks really sketchy, mainly because things just seem a touch too cheap. I think I might just be getting paranoid now that there is decent money in my account for once in my life.

8. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    That's cool mate, I like Amazon a lot, just not when I want something to be with me at a certain time. I order a lot of DVD/BR through them.

I am almost sure that it's a homage to Canabalt in Meat Boy. It's an extremely clever and sweet game.

Gameplay.com and Shopto.net are super for reliable delivery mate.

9. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    Yeah, will have to give them a go for my next preorder, but will probably next year now I guess.

Also, this:
    http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/22/minecraft-character-digging-into-super-meat-boy-pc/
    I really hope they offer him as DLC for the Xbox version, otherwise I might have to buy SMB again. Not that there's any problem with that :D

10. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Super Meat Boy just makes me think of the Jumper series on PC. Probably not totally the same, I haven't played SMB so I can't compare, but anyone that hasn't played Jumper 2 (best of the series in my opinion) needs to head over to http://www.mattmakesgames.com/games.php and download it (free) now.

11. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Have you played AC2 yet Pyro? That is a definite pre requisite if you want the story to have any meaning since it follows on from the second game. I didn't get the original and was lost to Desmond's story until about half way through. This time it's both Desmond and Ezio you need knowledge on.

I personally have exams starting Nov 15 so I can buy either on launch, but will pick both up as a reward as soon as I'm finished. That doesn't really help you decide though haha

12. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    My house
    There's your answer.

13. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    If anyone's a racing fan, the Need for Speed Hot Pursuit demo's coming out today on the 26th and ends on the 9th of November I think. The stats transfer over to the full game :D

14. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Awesome. I'm gonna have to wait for the PS3 demo since 360 won't throw us lowly silver members a bone... I guess that'll be the 27th.

15. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    My house
    Red Dead's Undead Nightmare out today. Once I get home from school, zombies will die. :D

16. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Sweet! I'm going to get on this when I finish work.

17. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

I was wondering someone. Whats sponsoring someone in MW2?? Some guy sent me a message and because his name was xxxH3AdSH0TZxxx (you know the type) I decided to mess with him. Only problem is I have to stay vague as I have no clue what Im talking about.

18. Real Racing Fan

Real Racing Fan Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    I wish
    THE MATRIX
    SWEET! It's gonna be so 1337

19. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    The main character from Jumper (whose name might be Ogmo?) is actually an unlockable character in SMB :D

20. ManofAegis

ManofAegis Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    California, USA
    Fable 3 came out today! Just got my collector's edition delivered. About to try it out soon. Anyone else getting it?