The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Dishwasher: Dead Samurai is one awesome game. I haven't played more than the demo version, but I loved every moment of it. I hear it gets a bit tedious at the end, but I'd gladly play through it.

As for the one indie game, make it I made a game with zombies in it (Don't feel like spelling it right). Awesome, awesome game, especially if you have a friend or two to play some co-op with. Holy crap that game gets intense.

2. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Jet Grind Radio is coming to XBLA as well as many more Dreamcast titles, but JGR is the only one that is pretty much confirmed. My bets are on Power Stone and Shenmue. I also hope that they put on Sonic Adventure 2, I dont even remember how many times I replayed that snowboarding level at the beginning and how much time I spent raising my Chao.

3. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Me too dude. Remember the little games you could play with them on the VMUs? Ahhhh Dream Casts were well ahead of their time. I don't know what my obsession was with raising companion creatures in games (MAGs in Phantasy Star Online, Chao in Sonic, etc.)

4. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Alright thanks man!

I'll check out Dishwasher's demo and if I like it, I'll pick it up.

For sure I'll get I made a game with zombies in it and convince another friend to abondon Reach to play it with me ;)

5. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Dishwasher is one incredible game. I'm sure you'll like it. But it's 800 points... Wow, I'm retarded. Still, great game.

If you don't have Dead Rising 2 or Case 0 yet, get Case 0. Pretty awesome prologue to one sick game.

As for I made a game (Not gonna keep writing that title), it's offline only. Get a few friends to hang out and get a game going. Trust me, it's ridiculous.

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Chaos were awesome. Remember the "secret" Angel, Devil and Chaos ones you could unlock in SA2? Damn that took so long. I was at a friends house and we stayed up until about 5am completing the requirements, then fell asleep with the game running, woke up and there was our Chaos chao :) Good times.

7. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Oh Yeah! Good times. I loved the dreamcast, my favorite console ever. I don't know how many times I have searched eBay looking for a cheap one. It's so great how all of those games are being rereleased for cheap on the 360.

8. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Hell yeah I remember that! I loved the Devil Chao's world. The river of blood (or at least I thought it was Blood :rolleyes:) was so cool to me. hahahaha

The angel one was pretty neat to. Man I miss that game now.

9. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Dude, if you find a cheap one, let me know where. I've been searching on Amazon, and the lowest I can find one for with all the cords and a controller is about $40. I'm more than willing to once I get some money together, and pick up a few games like Zombie Assault or whatever it was (basically a beat em up version of House of the Dead), Shenmue, Resident Evil 3, Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (much cheaper than on XBLA), Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi, and the list goes on. Such a shame it died out before it really got a chance to shine... Too ahead of its time, really.

10. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    It really was. You need Phantasy Star Online, and Resident Evil: Code Veronica as well. I have a Dream Cast still :rolleyes:

Though my brother abused the hell out of the discs and only a few games work. Namely Dave Mirra's Pro BMX! F*CK YEAH! The Dream Cast CD's didn't hold up well with scratches, and my brother is terrible with that shit.

11. kingcobra

kingcobra Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2010
    Dreamcast Rules! I still have mine too...

I actually hooked it up not long ago while my xbox was getting fixed for its RROD....of course the graphics are not comparable to the 360 but played NBA and it was still amazing, and Sonic was badass, and Crazy Taxi, and Nights and Panzer Dragoon, alota good games on there

12. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Ha, dude, both of those that you mentioned (aside from PSO) are awesome games. I have Code: Veronica X for PS2 and Dave Mirra 2, and they're both sick games. I've put a crapload of time into Dave Mirra 2, even though I've made absolutely no progress (that's what the cheats are for ;)). And Code Veronica happens to be one of the freakiest games ever made, IMHO.

Yeah, Dreamcast got shut down too early. A little more 3rd party support and we would have had one mind blowing console.

13. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    You should probably know that Booch and I are both playing Phantasy Star Portable 2 pretty religiously right now, and any negative words towards the franchise are likely to be met with fierce resistance ;)

...are you in the UK? You said Jet Set Radio.

14. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Yeah, me and Booch got in that discussion... I'm planning to pick it up sometime if I like the demo (which I don't see why I wouldn't).

I said Jet Set Radio? Ah, well, I was referring to Jet Grind Radio, but whatever :D. I've never played either (if they're the same thing or not, not sure). I've just seen and heard good things about it, and I've been meaning to give it a shot. And I was reading off your post.

EDIT: Oh, it seems I did say Jet Set Radio... I had heard of it before, and I just assumed it was either a prequel or a sequel to JGR. Either way, still want to play it. And I'm in the US, seeing as I didn't answer your question the first time around.

15. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Yeah I know it as Jet Set Radio too, but I refer to it as Jet Grind Radio online just so people don't get confused. They're the same thing. Awesome game. I think it might have been the first use of cel-shading in a computer game.

16. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Are you an eBay kinda guy? Cause they have some great deals, you just have to be constantly watching and waiting for a good one. Ive seen objects go for like 20 bucks there, and then I'll see the same exact thing sell for like twice that. So as a seller, look for the low stuff.

From what I see there now, here's one with 26 games for 50 bucks

and here's one for 10 bucks right now with all cables and two controllers, ends in 22 hours. Damn, I might go for this one if the price stays like this.

17. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    I dont know why, but I usually refer to it as Jet Set Radio even though I live in the US. I think it's because of Jet Set Radio Future, which I also had and I guess that confuses me.

18. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Successful day of purchasing:

Toy Soldiers (plus 1 expansion pack)
    Kingdom for Keflings
    DR2: Case Zero

Plus, because I spent over 2400 points, I get 800 free points next month :D

I'm set for a good long time now :D

19. sammysin