The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    If anyone's thinking about buying Dead Rising 2 but doesn't really want long load times, the PC version is pretty good. The controls are alright, load times are short and the graphics look much sharper than the 360 because of 16AA/AF.

2. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    The load times are absolutely horrible on the installed PS3 version.

3. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Yeah, I waited a few minutes and eventually got enough people to join. Give it a few more days, I'm sure there'll be plenty of people soon enough. Everyones too busy going through the campaign right now

And what's your gamertag? I'll get a game together sometime.

4. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Anyone checked out the Enslaved demo?

Tempted to pre-order, but I might wait for some reviews first. The acrobatics seemed a little easy, just pointing and click really. But I did love the sense of urgency in the ship crashing scenario. I might have to go back and see if it's possible to die in some of the scenarios presented, like getting stuck on the wing as you're hurtling towards a building.

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Yeah, seemed fun enough, if a little too obvious in where to go. As I said in another thread, my biggest issue with it is the reported 8-hour story length.

6. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    You sadist!

7. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Sucks that Gears 3 has been delayed to Fall 2011.

8. Illegal Danish

Illegal Danish Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    On the beach
    Hey did anyone get the new borderlands dlc? Im probably gonna buy it, but was wonderin if anyone had any thoughts bout

9. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    It's supposed to blow, have a look on metacritic.

10. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    I'm a bit disappointed in how many people have/discuss Dead Rising 2, seeing as it just came out and finally is something other than a multiplayer-based shooter.

I'll write a mini-review here later, but if there's anyone here who plays it (AND HAS A MIC), add Underoath709. I've been looking for someone to play it with, but the person I know with it is playing co-op with his brother, so no co-op there.

11. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    We've discussed it, there's just not much to say since most of us played it a couple of years back when it was called Dead Rising ;)

12. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    I don't know about everyone else, but I found Dead Rising 2 to be a huge improvement over the first. Maybe it's just because I was always a huge fan of the Dead Rising games, but I'm loving DR2. It feels like theres a ton more variety than ever, more to do, some really cool new features, online MP, etc. I'm surprised those things alone haven't been discussed.

13. Illegal Danish

Aug 26, 2009
    On the beach
    hmmm yeah, it doesnt really have that much new content but I think they rated it a bit harsh from what Ive seen elsewhere. Usually the reviews are aorund 6-8.
    So heres what Ive gotten from looking at several different reviewers:
    Its supposed to be a shorter dlc, along the lines of the first one, quite a few fetch quests, difficulty medium-easy, several bosses claptrapified, good dialog, many enemies trapified...

I think I am gonna buy it still, because I have like 20,000 ms points just floatin around.
    Also if anyone wants to play, I still gotta get my lvl 15 siren up, because my original lvl 50 one got erased when my xbox broke...
    Im also up for Reach if anyone wants to play, my gamertags illegalDanish3

14. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    I'm getting my copy back soon (probably next week), and I have a level 20 soldier. The only DLC I have is Zombie Island since it was on sale back when I got a MS points card.

15. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I dunno. All I'm getting is new weapons, a creation system replacing the camera, similar environment, same old frequent/lengthy load times, same stiff combat, boring psychos. The MP is about the only redeeming feature but I'm not convinced by that either.

16. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    20000? Holy crap, make sure you get Limbo.

Those battles suck in DR2, crappiest boss fights ever.

17. Illegal Danish

Aug 26, 2009
    On the beach
    Yeah I have all teh dlcs except the mad moxxi one,
    oh wait i meant 2,000 lol

edit: Well I decided to get it, but I still want to beat the main story, to be a higher level

18. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    By th way, in case you hadn't heard, new Zombie modes/maps in Black Ops. Details are very sketchy though.

19. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Well, I've had my Xbox running absolutely fine for about 3 weeks now, and after finally getting back my Modern Warfare 2 and Borderlands and getting Dead Rising 2, the audio and video have finally decided to stop working. I've been having this problem on/off for a little bit, but it would come back after doing the towel trick for 5-10 minutes. I stayed over my friend's house on Friday night, got back on Saturday night after also visiting my family, and it wouldn't give any audio or video. When I unplug the A/V cable and plug it back into my 360, it just gives me black lines and static... Anyone know an easy way to fix it?

And I've given up on saying good things about the 360. It's a piece of crap. No matter what you do, it just never seems to work, and Microsoft has terrible customer service to back it up. Now to basically spend any sort of money I get for Christmas and my birthday on a new 360...

20. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Bullshit man, sorry to hear about that. Are you going to get the new edition of the 360?