The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    It's not coming out until 2011 but yah, I have been looking at it.

2. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Sick! I've been enjoying Case 0 a lot so far, and I played Dead Rising to Day 3 before I got annoyed at one mission (the bomb removal one where Carlito's trying to run you over with a truck) and started over, but still loving every bit of the game. I pre-ordered my copy on Thursday and am more than glad that I did.

3. Rasterico

Rasterico Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    #1983 Rasterico, Sep 27, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
    I got a bit annoyed with that mission too, the sequel doesn't offer a great deal more than the first game although I am enjoying it immensely, I've played quite a bit over the weekend and am looking forward to eventually playing some co-op, the combo weapons are a cool feature and deal a great ammount of damage, Ive installed it to my 360s hard drive to reduce loading times, seems to improve it a lot, tried to get online with it to play Terror is Reality last night to earn some more money but couldnt connect to a single game, hopefully when it gets released in all territories this will improve.

Overall though a great game so far.

4. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yeah, ended up getting Reach. I bought it for $98 AUD, and then 20 minutes later saw it on sale for $74. I actually shouted FFUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!! On public transport.

Oh well, I am most satisfied with my purchase :D

Edit: My iPod corrects FFUUUUU to FFUUUUUUUUU with a hilarious voice over XD

5. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Good man, when is it out by you?

I am getting Deadly Premonition when it comes here mid October. Looking forward to it.

6. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    It comes out tomorrow here. In the meantime, I'll be playing Dead Rising 1 and Case 0 all day.

7. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    You've really got the Zombie killing bug John! Enjoy my friend.

8. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    I will be playing Dead Rising 2 Co-Op tomorrow. Send me a friend request on Xbox Live if you wanna play. :D Gamertag: NuklearPanda

9. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    I'm getting it after school tomorrow and aside from a project my stupid Spanish teacher gave today and assigned for Wednesday I'll be playing single player, co-op, and multiplayer all day. Shoot me an invite since I probably won't be going back on Xbox Live tonight.

10. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    gamertag?

11. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Underoath709

And CRAP! I can't wait any longer! I've been waiting for this for about a year and a half now and it's finally almost here! It's almost like waiting for NOVA again.

12. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Underoath are really good.

13. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Their first 3 albums were. After "Their Only Chasing Safety" they got kinda lame.

Edit: How did we get on that topic? hahahaah

14. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Agreed mate, still want to check out the new CD coming out soon.

I veered off topic when Somerandomdude told us his ID is Underoath... ;)

15. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    #1995 Booch138, Sep 28, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
    Oh duh *slaps self*. hahaha yeah I'm willing to give their new one a chance but doubt I will care for it. ^.^

Just not a fan of singer after Dallas or whatever his name was left.

16. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    I actually like Spencer's vocals quite a bit. And I think they went downhill after Define the Great Line, with They're Only Chasing Safety being the best.

And Dead Rising 2 is awesome so far! Admittedly I'm not far, but it's awesome so far! Who got it already?

17. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Don't get me wrong, Their Only Chasing Safety was actually really good, it was just after that album they got kinda lame for me. Saw em live at a Warped Tour when that CD came out and got to meet Spencer. He was a pretty cool dude, just not a fan of his vocals VS. Mr. Taylor's. lol I used to be really into them despite our Religious differences, good music is good music to me.

Is it really bad ass dude? I am going over to a friends house to play it after work. He took off of work today just to play all day LOL

18. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    #1998 Somerandomdude, Sep 28, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
    It's basically the first one but with more of the stuff that you want and less of what you don't (except load times). I would take school off tomorrow except that I did on Friday and my parents are rather strict about that sorta thing (although my friends all took the day off after getting Halo 3 and Reach...).

Btw, how are you liking it so far? I got further and I'm loving it so far. It's exactly what I hoped for based on trailers, etc. There's some things that could use improvement, but regardless is a great game. The intro is one of the creepiest I've played, just watching the whole town laid to waste as you hear survivors screaming for help, knowing you can't do anything. They took the intro to the first game and amped it up to a whole new level.

19. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Me and Slapshot just went through a game of Terror is Reality (although he sorta left halfway through...), and it's much more fun than I had originally expected. It's almost like they took some minigames from Mario Party or some other party game and put a sick, twisted zombie killing spin on them, and it turned out to be ridiculously fun. The commentators make it that much better, even making fun of Twilight at one part, basically calling it "the most retardedly stupid idea" he'd ever heard. It literally made me laugh on several occasions.

There's so many things I want to write about that game right now, but I'll save it for a later time due to being on my iPod

20. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I tried doing TIR the other night, didn't find a game and gave up after 5 minutes of it searching for one.