Universal The World II Hunting BOSS [by Good net technology Co., Ltd.]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by heringer, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Oh, just noticed that cam mode 4 always locks on the monster with auto cam follow. That's a nice feature.

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Violet looks the best so she's a winner for me :)

I noticed the splash screens say 30 characters and 80 bosses. I dig that. I hope that doesn't mean't mean "in the future."

I think you'd like it but it's arcadey. I'm sure it'll get harder since you start in D class but things in MH that this lacks are lovely weapon sounds, knockback, and enemy presence. You can literally stand at a monster's groin to dodge their attacks :rolleyes:

But I definitely recommend it. It's not super expensive and the graphics are awesome. I love how each stage is unique and "blows up." They aren't huge but they're fun. Basically an arena monster cage fight in a way.

I feel like the cams are different for each stage. They're never the same views. Like some stages have 5 cams while others have 6. I like the zoom in cams for dynamic action but I can't even see where the monsters are attacking..

3. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Just get it. Only two bucks. Game is a funny arcade hack&slay with a bit of tactics like in MH - like circling, avoiding the nasty monster moves, planing the correct sequence of your own special moves.
    But first and foremost, it's a cool show-off.

And you also can't resist, I bet. You'll have it in less than 12 hours. We are touchArcaders. We all suffer from acrasia (as soon as something piques our interest). :D

4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Yeah, but dunno how much of this will get into the iOS Version. These splash screens are for the online PC Version (30 chars and over 80 monsters).
    Maybe the iOS version will stay single player and is more of a teaser for the full game, yet a nice action RPG.

5. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    It's does say "single player version" on the start screen right?

6. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    OMG!!! It says there will be multiplayer!!!! 5 vs 5 battles and team battles cross mobile platforms between ios and android. Look in the about.

7. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    #27 L.Lawliet, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
    Wtf when you unlock AI partners I killed the last D-rank T-rex in 33 seconds.... -_-

Seems to me Dorrit is the fastest, Violet is inbetween and Shaw is extremely slow. Overall.

8. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Ah, yes, you are right. But I guess this will come when the full game on Steam releases (Dec., 14th). Hey, it's even cross-platform. And more heroes/monsters. Nice.

But to release a mobile single player version now is a good way to build up some hype.

9. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    This game seems like a "sample" of what the full game should be. I see that the later bosses are identical to the earlier ones. That probably explains why the game file size is so small. Still a fun game but I feel like the splash screens are misleading.

I also wish there was hit detection for both players and bosses. Some of the fun is taken out when people don't fall over and bosses are just transparent. But I'm not sure how much of the game they'd want to change at this point.

10. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  11. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    So, this requires internet? I just hate single player mode that requires internet..

12. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    ^ Nope. It's offline.

13. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
  14. FRnchFRy

FRnchFRy Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    If you were looking for a full version...well...this isn't it. And you wouldn't notice this if you were looking at the screenshots and gameplay videos. The game supposedly has 80 bosses and 30 heroes and loot and weapons etc...this has 6 bosses and 3 heroes and that's it. Nothing else. Kind of disappointed and it got worse when I talked to the devs. Apparently this is the "single version" which I'm guessing means demo and the "mmorpg" version or final version will release in December as a free to play with IAP. Sad. Also another thing to point out, this game has no multiplayer. Finally, even though it says it's available in English, 90% of the game is written in Chinese (I think) or Japenese. If you want to support the devs though than have at it. It's a pretty good demo albeit misleading.

15. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    There is already a thread for this game!

16. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    They asked for it and I'm going to do it. I'm going to send them my SPIT. Lol!!! That might be the funniest mistraslations I have ever seen in a description. I posted a bunch of impression in the first thread if anyone's interested.

17. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    That's just awful :(

18. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    This game is sort of fun but I sort of feel unintentionally mislead about this game due to the poor communications from the developers. I'm considering a refund is they don't at least fix the translations.

19. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I'll go back to playing Monster Hunter Dynamic Hunting instead. ;)

20. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    I was about to smash the buy button. With all the praise from lawliet and Vovin it seemed like a no brainer but this just sounds horrible.