The World II : Empire in the Storm

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Based Xatu, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    It's been in beta for sometime, but it seems they are going for a MH/Diablo setup. This game is different from the first- as its online now. Here's gameplay on an iPhone 6+:

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Oh this looks reaaallly good.

3. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    Wows looks amazing :)

4. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    This is what The World II single player edition should have been.

5. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    There was a beta test back in February. unfortunately not sure why the dev didn't pick up testflight for iOS testing but instead if you wanna test on iOS you need jailbreak which is a bummer. However they have received a lot of feedbacks regarding that, so hopefully they do some change to that. I did try it on android which obviously the same beta. It has a lot of improvements over the first one. Game run a lot smoother and combat has been tweak quite a bit with improve animation and etc. also you will be able to farm mats like in MH games to craft items for your character. You will be running a guild where you can hire mercenaries and add them to your party so you will never be alone in any adventure. It is now in a world map rather than a list of mission you pick. So you might encounter treasure to pick up and etc on the world map. Game play of cuz remain instance based like it used to. You will meet more characters and classes along the way that have a grading to them (number of stars) and besides able to customize your team. You will also be able to switch across and control different character instead of the one you start with. I got to play one of the new Mage class which is pretty awesome. There is no sign of iap during the beta so worries about that regarding character grade should not be an issue. As dev did ever said there shouldn't be iap in this game as it was suppose to be premium (still keeping my finger cross on that). Lastly there is a player hub which is really cool where you can see black market and etc.cwhats more impt is this is also he hub where you gather with other players to make a party for adventure. So you actually see live players running around the hub doing their shopping and etc in real time. Not sure how many players can be within the same hub but I know it's quite a lot. And hubs will be divided into different channel where you can switch freely if you and your friend happen to jump into a different one. That's my impression from the February beta test hope it gives you guys some idea how the game is like. :)

6. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    agree with hambo here, the online multiplayer feature shouldve been on single version since day one. however, will it be a separate version or just an update to the existing one?

7. Moocow

Moocow Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2014
    This looks like a simplified Tera. Does this have a release date?

8. IzumiNowa

IzumiNowa Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 31, 2015
    Unemployed/part-time job
    soft launch in canada sometime this month

9. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Lol, okay. This game was apparently taken in by Square Enix, and is in soft launch in Japan. This is crazy, because the team has not made one mention of this happening.

10. HellaciousPuppy

Feb 25, 2014
    Wow, I love this. Can't wait to see more of it

11. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    This is out in China isn't it? The Devs are from china