iPhone The World Ends With You: Solo Remix (by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by chaos_envoys, Aug 26, 2012.

1. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    It’s an action RPG — but not a hack n’ slash :).

sugimulm likes this.
  2. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Every now and then I see this thread, think 'oh, didn't I buy that, I should probably DL it!', check the app store, and re-discover that I BOUGHT THE £18 IPAD VERSION so obvs I'd need to repurchase it if I wanted to play it on my phone. Duh.

3. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Thank you Squarezero!
    Will invest shortly

4. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Just do it bro, you know it's worth it :)

BTW what is everyone's Final Time Attack record? I've dipped just under 3 minutes myself.

5. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Tbf, £18 was worth it once.

I think I'll wait until I get another iPad (probably 6 months to a year) before playing it again. It's not like I'm short of a backlog of games on the 8+!

TicTac likes this.
  6. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Action RPG. You engage enemies at will (most of the time) slightly like Dragon Quest where you see them chill but then you decide to pick up a fight. You use a wide set of commands (slash, tap empty space, tap enemies, tap character, shake device, press and hold, tap icon... amongst others) to activate specific attacks you've equipped. As you advance, you get to unlock and master plenty of different attacks, all which affect (and are affected by) the area in which you're battling. Sometimes it gets pretty hectic but the game isn't extremely difficult as it can be balanced as you advance and set difficulty as best fits you.

Thanks, you just gave me another reason to play it. I think I've never done that.

I purchased both versions on release day. iPad version was a mistake I made out of excitement. I was in a rush and hit the purchase button in iTunes. Then when I was downloading I noticed the file name was like "TWEWY HD for iPad" (or something of the sort) and I was like "NOOOOOOOOO! I DON'T HAVE AN IPAAAAAAD!", so I cancelled the download and purchased the iPhone version, too.

I haven't played the game on an iPad but I surely hope I'll get to do it someday. No regrets on purchasing a virtually useless (for me) game, though, as it's one of my top 5 favorite games and the final price wasn't too high ($40-ish?). I may skip the Switch version, though, but you never know how silly people can be and how they spend/waste money.

But yeah, if you're getting an iPad later and you've got your hands busy with an extensive iPhone backlog, then there's no solid reason to spend more money on a game you already own.

TicTac likes this.