iPad The World Ends with You: Solo Remix (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by chaos_envoys, Aug 26, 2012.

1. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Just bought.

My most expensive game since I joined iOS gaming in 2011.

2. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Completely worth it :)

3. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Worth every penny. It was my first purchase over a tenner too. Never looked back...

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    This was also my first big purchase when I got my new iPod Touch 4G :) or was it 5G? Anyhow, this game is worth all the money you spent on it and some.

5. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    So... 10 years after buying the DS version, I play this game for the first time.

Well I need to get used to the control system, story looks good (very long winded Japanese style), the only thing I need to know is if I can turn off music.

6. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    The music is the best part of the game though, plus there's some new tunes.

7. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    But there is a way to turn it off?

8. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    No idea. It seems impossible to turn off for some games while it's possible for others (like asphalt 8). Wish I knew how it worked.

9. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    This was also one of my first purchases.. that's cost money lol. Still have it on all of my iPhones ( 5-7+) probably put so many hours into it

10. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Anyone know if this is 64bit iOS 11 compatible? Or will this no longer work after update to iOS 11?

11. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    It's not on the list, so it is compatible

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It is 11-ready.

13. Someon

Someon Active Member

Oct 4, 2017
    Hi guys. Having massive problems with this.
    I just bought it yesterday and trying to install since then. I’m on infamous ios 11 with over 5 gb free space, and you know what? I cant install it.
    It shows 3/4 done, then all memory is full and it stops. And I tried it like 10 times.
    What is more funny, i had older version of itunes on my pc, so i downloaded twewy to itunes account hoping to make it straight to ipad that way, and it did and took 720 mb! Yes.. not > 5 gb or 2.6 gb as it show on app store but 720 mb! What the heck?
    When I tried to connect ipad to pc i failed.. many many times, so whiwhout reading net I updated itunes...
    You know the rest ( newest itunes is only for music’n’videos) man..i’m so angry right now. They messed new ios, app store itunes completely..
    But apart from that.. Any f you have idea why I cant download it?

14. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    #1494 Saucepolicy, Oct 27, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    When installing directly on your device (as opposed to through iTunes) you generally need twice as much free storage on your device for the installation process as the installed size of the app. So, for a 2.6gb game, you'd need ~5.2gb of storage, at least temporarily. Sounds like you're just under. The size of the .ipa on your hard drive (740mb) is irrelevant, because it's compressed.

15. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    The above poster is correct. You typically need double space to install over the air. The option to avoid this would be to download the ipa from iTunes then install directly. However the new iTunes doesn't allow you to download ipas (which is why I downgraded).

16. Someon

Someon Active Member

Oct 4, 2017
    #1496 Someon, Oct 27, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    Thanks for reply Saucepolicy and L.Lawliet, it turned out few more mb of free space did the trick. Still if very compressed app take 720 mb of disk space it should take < 3,4 gb on ipad before settling to 2,6 gb. I whish I could downgrade, but I’m afraid of error / loosing data (and it might be too late to go back to Ios 10.3.3)

17. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Don't do it unless you have a backup and want to take a risk. I upgraded to iOS11, hated the new photos app (which I used the most of any iphone app), then tried to downgrade (lots of people online said it was easy..). Bricked the phone. Had to wipe the entire thing. I had a somewhat recent backup but lost a lot of stuff and even some treasured game save files. On top of that, restoring a 256gb phone, not even full, took about half a day or longer.

18. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Thanks for the heads up Lawliet
    ios11 so far is terrible
    I'm on beta 11.1 and it still sucks worse than 10

19. Someon

Someon Active Member

Oct 4, 2017
    Remember when watching clips of this game few years back thinking ‚do i really need this?’ ‚what is with this game it has cult following, it seems medicore..people..’ boy i was wrong. This is among the very best you can play not only on mobile. Modern day tale with so many hints, oddly accurate ones. I just can’t think of a reason not to be amazed by it. Every other aspect of game is top notch and so well fiting here. Graphic, design, combat, collectibles, ‚armour’, sharp dialogue, different layers of meaning. Even soundtrack, tho it is not that good to me as people rave about (it would be great if you could turn it off and play tunes from own playlist) and this story.. wow. So well thought. I can only encourage to give it a try. Scenario guy must be some sort of
    ‚reaper’
    ( don’t take it literally) ;)

20. Lanster27

Lanster27 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2017
    #1500 Lanster27, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    Surprised to see this thread up again. But yes, I agree with everything you said. This is the only game I've played in the last 15 years in which every mechanic is perfectly held together by the theme. Even the small stuff like clothing brand and pin brands are oozing with design. 99.9% of other RPG just go to the standard convention of forgettable gear and calling magical powers 'magic', but not TWEWY. And the soundtrack, even though I'm not a Jpop fan, fits the game perfectly and I try to have the sound on to enjoy the atmosphere of the game.

An obvious modern comparison will be to Persona series. But even though I admit Persona got better gameplay, the world felt a bit bland compared to TWEWY.

I rank this game up there with the best Final Fantasy's. Hope SE makes a sequel soon and port it to mobile as premium title.