iPad The World Ends with You: Solo Remix (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by chaos_envoys, Aug 26, 2012.

1. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Just to add a few specifics to this discussion, the first iOS 8 developer release was available on June 2, 2014. That was less than 2 years after the original release of the game, it can be assumed that support effectively stopped at that point. This is also 6 months after the last update which added support for new devices and Twitter. It's possible that was the last bit of contracted support S-E was willing to throw at the app regardless of what comes after. The public release was September 17th, coming in just a few weeks after the two year mark on the games' lifespan on the App Store.

2. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    If one were able to get a copy for the DS is it worth it or should I just wait for the iOS version to get an update? I've never played it before so I am uncertain which version is the definitve version.

To be honest I'm not a huge fan of DS games that require the stylus so is this pretty dependent on it or can you play without the stylus?

3. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    This is 100% dependent on using the stylus. TWEWY pretty much uses everything available on the DS.

4. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Thanks for the quick reply. Now say one were able to get a copy for the DS should I bother or just wait for the iOS version to become available again?

5. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Based on what you're saying, the iOS version would probably be a better fit. The DS version is harder because it makes you control two players at once, a unique gameplay feature. That was removed in the iOS version for smoother gameplay.

Some other notes are that the iOS version has remastered music and better resolution I believe. If I had to pick, the iOS version is more accessible to the average gamer and probably the "definitive" version.

You may also want to be prepared in case the iOS update is never released. It sounds like you don't own the game so they'd have to put it back up on the store for you to buy it so JB wouldn't help you play it. But if you do own it, you can get a tweak on JB to make it run.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I agree with LLawliet here. I played both the DS and iOS versions and iOS felt more to be the definitive version.

The DS's duo screen combat is an awesome feature, but more on the coolness side of things rather than a deep mechanic. You are still just basically mashing one of the screens (usually the top) while dancing around with your skills on the touchscreen.

What i like about the DS version is that it uses (in an almost flawless yet unique way) the 2 screens without hampering the experience or giving you the idea that you cant control them both.

7. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    I would recommend the iOS version, the only benefit you get from the DS version is the hectic two screen combat, which is unique but also not for everyone. The iOS version is more accessible and the artwork really shines on bigger devices. But it's looking more and more like the iOS version is gone for good, so maybe pick up the DS version if you can get it a decent price.

8. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Thanks for the replies. I asked because I saw a new DS copy for $15 locally.

9. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #1389 Vovin, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
    http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/19/8073003/the-world-ends-with-you-ios-8

Maybe it's not just the new iOS structure. That is hardly a bug.
    Generally, I daresay that TWEWY will return to iOS (fixed) and I'm really looking forward to the forum comments when it happens. :D

Btw.: the game is still on Google Play for Android, for $17.99.

10. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I finished this on DS a few years ago, the iOS version is/was an improvement.

11. rapaleeman

rapaleeman Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2013
    Agreed. The DS version was genuinely unique and a great experience when I first played it.

After playing through it twice on iOS (once on my iPhone 4 and and then again on my iPhone 5) the iOS version just felt more natural. The visuals were significantly improved and the new remixed soundtrack is a definite joy to listen to.

Not only that but the secret ending on the iOS version is a neat little hope/want for the future of the franchise. The iOS version is definitely the way to go but then that means you have to hope that SE decides to fix the bug.

While it may seem like a long wait, it took Codemasters over 4 months to fix Colin McRae but it eventually showed up along with removal of the ads that were put into it and that game didn't have the public outcry that this one does so there is hope.

12. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    You are breaking my heart Square Enix. Seriously, please fix this.

13. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    We should have a way to tag posts as "This is not the happy news you are looking for" ;)

And yeah. A fully functional TWEWY is up there on the top of my iOS wish list, besides the upcoming games I look forward to the most. Since I've owned and played the game for a long time, that's indicative of... well, a lot.

14. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Sorry about that, I thought of that later but I was really bumming this morning and just had to let it out. :(

15. Mattosai

Mattosai Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    #1395 Mattosai, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
    Am i dreaming ? ios8 fix is out , yohoo time to dig in again :)

(btw could be fixed for jb devices tho but at least SE did it, maybe it's linked with the mockotopus bug for chaos 3.)

was my fav ds game , with tatakae ouendan ! and inifinite space :)

16. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Omg!

Interesting there is an update out now for it.
    But I can't actually search for the game to buy new. So I imagine they willBit it back up on the appstore for new sale again soon.

17. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It's already there on the store. Searching for it does nothing, but it's on Squeenix's page.

18. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Before I press the buy button please someone verify that it’s indeed working in ios 8
    Please.....

Attached Files:

19. Phoenix24

Phoenix24 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    Yep, just updated on my iPad and it is definitely working with my old save intact.....a most welcome return that I wasn't sure I would ever see again!

Thank you SE, my faith in you is restored.

20. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Wow!! Faith in SE restored!! Will double dipp on android