iPad The World Ends with You: Solo Remix (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by chaos_envoys, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Ajstadel

Ajstadel Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Lots of dialogue the first few days, it calms down somewhat later, but the story stays fantastic. The combat is focused on gestures, and you gain different powers by collecting pins, such as fire, lightning, telekenisis, etc. There's a ton of depth, such as your clothes being able to help or hurt you depending on if the specific brand is popular in that section of Shibuya (the games location). If you're worried about the way the game flows, don't be. It gets into its rhythm by the 3rd day of the first week (there are 3 weeks total, not gonna say anymore because spoilers)

2. thesmashingone

thesmashingone Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I agree with you, actually. And I'm one of those people that don't like this port because it doesn't support iPod Touch 4G. :)

3. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    So how is it on iOS? A port worth the 17 bucks?

4. TangentWorlds

TangentWorlds Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Yet another game released on iPhone and iPad as separate releases with no iCloud syncing... such wasted potential.

I loved this game on the DS and will probably pick the iPad version.

5. zeonmx

zeonmx Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    As much as I expected, overpriced for ported game.

Typical of SE to overcharge their games...

6. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

I don`t have a Problem with those Ratings. If the Community believes that a Game or like in this Case a Trailer should get an Thumbs Down then for the Hell of it let those Ratings wipe the Rating System.

Disabling the Rating/Comment Option is similar to telling People to just shut the f*ck up and take it as it is. I`ll never ever support that.

Everyone should be free to raise their concern at any time and I don`t understand why someone would block those Comments out instead of using them as an opportunity to collect Feedback/Inspiration and in the end improve their portfolio...

7. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Guys. A straight question: does this work on the iPod 4 or (by any chance)on the iPad 1?

Thanks in advance.

8. thesmashingone

Jun 27, 2012
    The iTunes page says no. For the regular version, it says only compatible with iPhone 4 and 4S. For the HD verson, it says only compatible with iPad 2 and 3. I don't know if that actually factors in when you try to install the app directly from the app store... (Also, no iPod Touch 4G support makes me a sad man.)

9. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Well, you are free to buy it from Amazon for the DS -- $19.95 for a new copy, with used copies selling for about $25.00 (go figure).

10. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    Will you be posting impressions at some point square? :p

11. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    I don't think anyone here has actually tried to TOFTT and install it on an iTouch yet, have they? I'm trying to decide if I can afford it at the moment (especially if it does not in fact work at all :p ).

That being said, Final Fantasy Dimensions pricing is madness: if the port/remake is even half as good as the original of TWEWY this is totally worth it.

12. LAA

LAA New Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Respect for you! I was thinking when Square-Enix removed the ratings from the TWEWY iOS announcement video... Its just so hypocritical. Like if it was an insane amount of positive ratings to negative ratings, they'll defiantely show them then, but the other way round, oh no. Its a shame, cause I'm sure fans dont genuninely hate the game, its more that we've been led to believe theres a chance this could have been an announcement for TWEWY 2, and the tweet implying the announcement may have more in store didnt help at all.
    Everyone is just annoyed that they feel they've been decieved and lied to a little, and of course the fans all want news of the sequel, plus having a countdown site just for a port seemed a little underwhelming.

I personally was disappointed, but I hope the port is good and may try it sometime. Hopefully we'll all have news of TWEWY 2 some day though eh? I guess we can take the iOS port at least as news that Square-Enix value the TWEWY franchise, so hopes are rising for a sequel and of couse the characters being used in KH3D :).

13. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Thanks all! Damn fine songs! I'll be getting that soundtrack in Oct.

14. Deity X

Deity X Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Is it just me or is there a lot less price complaining that would be expected?

15. One-Shot

One-Shot Member

Jun 12, 2011
    Probably will come, but the game is easily worth $20 unless they messed up the port, so not an issue for me.

16. thesmashingone

Jun 27, 2012
    I would TOFTT (Take one for the team, for those of you who don't know) for this game, as I only own 2 iPod Touch 4G models, but it's not out in US yet. :(

17. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    1 - Game itself is worth it
    2 - Looks like there's some effort behind the port
    3 - With the whole FFD fiasco, people were probably expecting worse

18. Deity X

Dec 7, 2009
    I'm saying the game isn't worth it, I'm simply amazed there isn't a group of "this game should totally be a dollar" flooding this board.

19. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    Give it time. ;)

20. Deity X

Dec 7, 2009
    I suppose I should just enjoy it while it lasts...